Go To
#609814 08/07/20 06:40 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hello talented and creative biab community.
I am still on a "Luv Lost " bent.

In my youth (300 years ago) , I had a GF who had the good sense to dump me explaining that she was fed up with my wild ways and that her "tank was empty"
Well I was shattered , lost the girl................... but gained a song .

Empty Tank Blues

Well anyways , the ever reliable biab takes care of buisness while I madly bang away at my piano.

As always I appreiciate that you take the time to listen and comment and I welcome constructive criticism which helps to improve.
Also I was thinking that perhaps I should ease up on my song postings for fear of wearing out my welcome.

The "Band" :
Tempo 85 Key of C
673 Organ
2425 Bass
Real Drums Blues Rock Shuffle.
1734 Guitar
1925 Guitar
385 Guitar (good for blues solos)

Me :
Reluctant Vocals (btw , thank you for all your nice encouragement)
Acoustic Piano.

_lyrics_

My tank is empty , my well is dry
got no enjoyment , I don't know why
sure wish i knew , just what to do
my tank is empty , thinking of you

I went to war , to fight the fight
you shot me down , all through the night
my heart is sinking ,you left me bleeding

So won't you tell me , what's on your mind
you give me trouble , you're so unkind
you knocked me down , and fooled around

A lot of pain , all through the day
I got to thinking , I'll change my ways
I'll start again , next time i'll win
now my tank is spilling , all over you.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's a nice old style slow rocker.
I'd have preferred the piano intro to be centred and then the piano panned to the left for the verses n chorus.
Playing the piano solo & guitar at the same time was a bit weird..I didn't know what to listen to. I think you'd have been better off with one then the other since there are two such breaks. The guitar solo is a bit frenetic for the pace of the song too.
I enjoyed the melody, the vocal delivery, (right for the song), and the general arrangement.
Nice job.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
rayc #609838 08/08/20 02:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
That's a nice old style slow rocker.
I'd have preferred the piano intro to be centred and then the piano panned to the left for the verses n chorus.
Playing the piano solo & guitar at the same time was a bit weird..I didn't know what to listen to. I think you'd have been better off with one then the other since there are two such breaks. The guitar solo is a bit frenetic for the pace of the song too.
I enjoyed the melody, the vocal delivery, (right for the song), and the general arrangement.
Nice job.

ray did a good job of mentioning pretty much everything I though as I listened. Overall, the mix was good, though I felt the guitar was panned harder (to the right) than my ear would want it (a personal choice, I suppose).

The music is "feel good" - which works for the you-left-me lyric and the vocal is quite well done. Those thing made it a fun song to listen to.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We are always down with a blues shuffle and, regardless of your thoughts, you voice is just fine.
We likely mentioned it earlier but it has soul. And that's what we always look for in a vocal or solo.

We like the band choice and your piano banging smile

Nice hook too.

Regarding the mix you've already received some thoughtful comments on it. When we made the
big genre switch from bluegrass to Americana/Blues I frequently used a reference song when mixing
particularly regarding the panning. Could be helpful. Dunno.

Be safe.

J&B

PS You mentioned: "Also I was thinking that perhaps I should ease up on my song postings for fear of wearing out my welcome." As long as you post them one song per post there are no forum rules on the number. Personally I prefer letting each of our songs get maximum exposure as long as folks are kind enough to listen. That typically means having only one "active" at a time. And FWIW I think of "inactive" as being when our song has fallen off the front page with no new comments and no remaining responses from us. A BIG ole grain of salt smile Just some remarks from our nine years here. Time do fly.

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Ray wrote >"Playing the piano solo & guitar at the same time was a bit weird..I didn't know what to listen to. I think you'd have been better off with one then the other since there are two such breaks"<

Floyd wrote >"I felt the guitar was panned harder (to the right) than my ear would want it"<

Thank you Ray and Floyd.
Yes I can hear those issues now and it's back to the mixing console (laptop) I go.
What a great free resource this forum is having such esteemed expertise on tap to offer helpful advice. I really appreciate your input.

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hi Janice and Bud.
Thank you for your always valuable feedback, advice and kind words.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yup, a good old down home rocker. Your voice sounds good. No need to be reluctant.

I like your lyrical turn at the end.

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Thanks Ezekiel for listening and nice comments. I am looking forward to your next song posting.

#610055 08/09/20 11:59 AM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hi Johny . Thanks for listening and welcome.
regards Gary (a long suffering Wallabies supporter.)

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice bluesy little number, Gary. Your vocal sounds fine to me, as does your piano pounding.
Regards,
Leon

Leon1 #610090 08/09/20 07:29 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hi Leon.
I hope this reply finds you safe and well.
Nothing like some simple 8 bar to blow away the cob webs.
Thank you for your nice comments.

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really cool blues here!!! Really like the concept (great metaphor)! You deliver the vocal in such a natural, soulful way!! Great stuff Gary!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Always nice to read about the inspiration behind the song, in this case I like the irony in the title: you got the last laugh smile The idea has evolved into clever lyrics. I enjoyed your singing and piano playing. Great band, especially the guitars, turning the old blues progression into something fresh.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

The new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac® adds over 20 new features!

We show them off in our video: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Free Bonus PAK!

Along with the 50+ new features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we've also released an awesome collection of new Add-ons! On top of the 222 new RealTracks (+50 bonus RealTracks), we've also released new MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, and two new sets of "RealDrums Stems."

Order Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac during our special (which ends July 31st) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK that includes a lot of these new Add-ons:
- MIDI Styles Set 88: "Look Ma! More MIDI 11: SynthMaster"
- Instrumental Studies Set 20: New Orleans Piano
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 40: More SynthMaster
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 43: Rock & Pop Keys
- Artist Performance Set 15: Songs with Vocals volume 5
- Playable RealTracks Set 3
- Playable RealDrums Set 2
- SynthMaster Sounds and Styles, with audio demos
- RealCombos 2024 Booster PAK:
*For Pro customers, this includes 35 new RealTracks and 58 new RealStyles.
*For MegaPAK customers, this includes 25 new RealTracks and 45 new RealStyles.
*For UltraPAK customers, this includes 28 new RealStyles.

- RealDrums Stems Set 6: More Pop, Rock & Country

Want even more new Add-ons? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to a 2024 49-PAK for just $49 and add even more new Add-ons to your collection:
- 50 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks & RealDrums
- MIDI Styles Set 89: "Look Ma! More MIDI 12: Funk, Jazz & Blues Keys"
- Instrumental Studies Set 21: '80s Hard Rock Guitar
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 41: Jazz Comping & Soloing Piano
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 42: Soul & New Orleans Keys
- Artist Performance Set 16: Songs with Vocals volume 6
- RealDrums Stems Set 5: Jazz, Latin, Funk & World

Listen to Demos of the Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK: https://youtu.be/ZezLjinyb-4

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features!

Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac includes over 50 new features!

Watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features video, and follow along as we demonstrate how to create a new song from scratch using some of the major new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, like the Chord Progression Builder, the new MultiPicker Library Window, and the new Tracks Window!

Watch: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Videos: One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we're adding new videos to our YouTube channel. We'll also post them here when they are published so that you can easily find all of our Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® videos in one place!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac videos released as-of June 28, 2024 are:

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Everything you need to know in under 8 minutes!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - The New Tracks Window Explained

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - RealCombos Booster PAK Styles Demo

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - 222 New RealTracks Overview

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,382
Posts743,945
Members38,761
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members