Options
Index
#610442 - 08/12/20 04:30 PM [User Showcase] She Doesn't Want Me to Dance
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

She Doesn't Want Me to Dance

I had this song about 80% finished, was working on the chorus, and needed a hook. I'm a big joker at home and often partake in mock Jerry Lewis rhythmic ambulations about the house. After engaging in these shenanigans, I'll say to my wife, "Let's go out dancing tonight." She always deadpans, "No." Thie last time she said that, I realized I had my hook.

Tracks:
RT2929 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopFunkyJoe
RT2933 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking SongwriterFolkSlap
RT697 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty
RT650 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopRockBritHeavy
RT1722 Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockStraight
RT1008 Bass, Electric, ElecRock Ev

The drum track is spliced together from various loops.

Lyrics

She’s the rain on the meadow
She’s the light behind each shadow

When the night comes crawling
And she keeps me awake
Into my heart she’s falling
She says we’ll take a morning break

She’s something else
She puts me in a trance
She says she loves me
But she doesn’t want me to dance

She’s the moon in my passion
She’s the fabric of all fashion

When the night comes crawling
And she keeps me awake
Into my heart she’s falling
She says we’ll take a morning break

She’s something else
She puts me in a trance
She says she loves me
She doesn’t want me to dance

#610455 - 08/12/20 05:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Scott
I'll leave the analysis to the experts, but I really like this one.
After my first listen I immediately cued it up again.
Regards,
Leon

#610500 - 08/13/20 02:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good song! Love your vocal.

"She says she loves me
But she doesn’t want me to dance"

Nice hook!

Track sounds good also, enjoyed the listen.

#610514 - 08/13/20 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Crawlin’...fallin’...loves how you “wobbled” those in the melody.
Really interesting selection of guitar RTs..gave it great texture.
Liked the stops you used.
Vocals++
Your wife has got to share the royalties on this one!

#610568 - 08/13/20 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The spoken tag was worth the price of admission smile

We could envision the Lewis ambulations.

The band is a cool RT genre mashup and well backed your rousing well delivered vocal.
(Janice provided "rousing!")

Nice use of the drum loops also.

Fun!

J&B

#610605 - 08/13/20 04:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Janice & Bud]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Scott
I'll leave the analysis to the experts, but I really like this one.
After my first listen I immediately cued it up again.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon. I'm not good at analysis either, just listening.
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song! Love your vocal.

"She says she loves me
But she doesn’t want me to dance"

Nice hook!

Track sounds good also, enjoyed the listen.

I appreciate the comments, Dave.

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Crawlin’...fallin’...loves how you “wobbled” those in the melody.
Really interesting selection of guitar RTs..gave it great texture.
Liked the stops you used.
Vocals++
Your wife has got to share the royalties on this one!

Royalties, huh? I can only wish for those.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The spoken tag was worth the price of admission smile

We could envision the Lewis ambulations.

The band is a cool RT genre mashup and well backed your rousing well delivered vocal.
(Janice provided "rousing!")

Nice use of the drum loops also.

Fun!

J&B

Thanks, J&B. I had a lot of fun making this one and ad libbing at the end.

#610607 - 08/13/20 04:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This is really good. I liked how the guitar leads augments your excellent vocal, nice work there. I loved your lyrics. Super use of RTs. Super stops also. Love those drums.

Excellent work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#610632 - 08/13/20 07:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Ezekiel's Storm,
I hope your wife still likes you... On a bright side, this secret solo dance is great!

Clever lyrics! Very well put together. A lot of spontaneous details, but makes a whole. Vocals are A+. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#610634 - 08/13/20 07:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Bawb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Hi Scott,

This is a cool arrangement. I really liked you vocals. They hearkened back to the 80's, kind of a Simple Minds sort of vibe. As a matter of fact, if you posted on here, "Hey, listen to this old Simple Minds song." I would have believed you!

Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed listening to it.

Also, at least you're able to dance like Jerry Lewis, who had SOME rhythm, I'm not even at that level... Ha!

#610643 - 08/14/20 02:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
It's a cool, amusing well constructed song. the vocal and melody are ace but the way the vocals is split L & R with no presence in the centre of the image weirded me out a bit.
In my head phones the vocal is mainly in the left channel with some image in the other...sounds a bit like the imbalance that many, many ADT plug ins cause.
Nevertheles --- cool
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#610654 - 08/14/20 05:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: United States
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Loc: United States
You know, I thought I was listening to the Doors. You have an uncanny resemblance to Van Morrison. I love it!!

#610683 - 08/14/20 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool backtrack. Super vocal. Love the tone in your voice. Well done. Guitar was excellent as well

#610699 - 08/14/20 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Very Haight-Ashbury to me, liked how the lead guitar didn't step on the vocal. And your singing was terrific as usual. Great trip back in time for me.

#610722 - 08/14/20 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Really nice production and a great vocal. Nice use of guitar solo realtracks.

Very impressive.

Peter

#610746 - 08/14/20 07:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Cool song. The vocals are very rich. They remind me of mix between Neil Diamond and David Bowie. Great use of the band.

https://youtu.be/VWTesk12JyU

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#610842 - 08/15/20 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: rayc]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is really good. I liked how the guitar leads augments your excellent vocal, nice work there. I loved your lyrics. Super use of RTs. Super stops also. Love those drums.

Excellent work.

Thanks, Mario. I've been meaning to tell you that I love your tag/signature line on your posts.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ezekiel's Storm,
I hope your wife still likes you... On a bright side, this secret solo dance is great!

Clever lyrics! Very well put together. A lot of spontaneous details, but makes a whole. Vocals are A+. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

My wife had a good laugh when I played her this song. Thanks, Misha.

Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Scott,

This is a cool arrangement. I really liked you vocals. They hearkened back to the 80's, kind of a Simple Minds sort of vibe. As a matter of fact, if you posted on here, "Hey, listen to this old Simple Minds song." I would have believed you!

Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed listening to it.

Also, at least you're able to dance like Jerry Lewis, who had SOME rhythm, I'm not even at that level... Ha!

Keep dancing, Bawb! If Elaine Bennis can do it, so can you!

Originally Posted By: rayc
It's a cool, amusing well constructed song. the vocal and melody are ace but the way the vocals is split L & R with no presence in the centre of the image weirded me out a bit.
In my head phones the vocal is mainly in the left channel with some image in the other...sounds a bit like the imbalance that many, many ADT plug ins cause.
Nevertheles --- cool

Thanks, Ray. I used Waves Reel ADT, but used the stereo plug-in instead of the mono.

#610843 - 08/15/20 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: jptjptjpt]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool backtrack. Super vocal. Love the tone in your voice. Well done. Guitar was excellent as well

Scott, thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Very Haight-Ashbury to me, liked how the lead guitar didn't step on the vocal. And your singing was terrific as usual. Great trip back in time for me.

Tunemonger, thanks so much for the comment and the listen.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Really nice production and a great vocal. Nice use of guitar solo realtracks.

Very impressive.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!!!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Cool song. The vocals are very rich. They remind me of mix between Neil Diamond and David Bowie. Great use of the band.

JPT, I appreciate the comments.

#610850 - 08/15/20 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Now that is a very cool song and a fun listen... You have a great voice - mix and tracks were perfect.

Excellent and much enjoyed!

Bob

#610913 - 08/16/20 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
olemon Offline
Expert

I always like hearing about the story behind the song.

I'm not crazy about some of the earlier guitar fills, but that section starting around 3:14 is sweet!

I get a David Bowie vibe from this. Good mix and vocals. Enjoyed it.

Scott

#610954 - 08/16/20 02:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Want Me to Dance [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Fun song!! Love the enthusiasm and energy! Really well arranged and produced......the lead guitar fits nicely with the tension in the lyric! Well done!!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
LAST DAY TO SAVE UP TO 50%!

It's HERE! The FINAL day of our Band-in-a-Box 2021 Windows special, which also includes additional savings on Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PST TODAY! (January 15th) Plus, we'll include a Bonus PAK loaded with some amazing Add-ons! Add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) when you upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Our Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1 sale is ending too... Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special!

Purchase the brand-new MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Learn more about MultiStyles...

Mac user? Xtra Styles PAKs & MultiStyles PAKs are on sale for you too! Click here for your OS specific announcement.

TWO DAYS LEFT TO SAVE UP TO 50%!

Wow, it's already January 14th! That means there's just two days left of our Band-in-a-Box 2021 Windows special, which also includes additional savings on Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PST on Friday, January 15th! Plus, we'll include a Bonus PAK loaded with some amazing Add-ons! Add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) when you upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Our Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1 sale is ending too... Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special!

Purchase the brand-new MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Learn more about MultiStyles...

Mac user? Xtra Styles PAKs & MultiStyles PAKs are on sale for you too! Click here for your OS specific announcement.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS on Friday!

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE - OUR SPECIAL ENDS FRIDAY!

There is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PDF on Friday, January 15th!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

RealBand 2021 Includes 64-bit PG DX Plugins Presets!

Download the latest update for RealBand 2021 to addpresets for 64-bit PG DX plugins!

Release notes (build 3c, Jan 7 2021):
-Fixed: Running 32-bit realband.exe (Version 2020) is now supported.
-Added: Presets for 64-bit PG DX plugins.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS January 15th!

IT'S YOUR LAST WEEKEND TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE!

We've extended our SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until January 15, 2021, so there is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 - Special Extended to January 15th!

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - and we've extended our Xtra Styles PAK and MultiStyles PAK Special until January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE until January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Windows user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Today!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows version to address a few user-reported program issues and requests. Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users can update for free here.

Have you been using your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase and not applied any patch updates yet? Make sure you download the latest free patch update to access some great Bonus "Half-time" and "Double-time" RealStyles!

Total of new styles is:
-111 new RealStyles
-80 new RealTracks variations.
-27 new RealDrums variations.

This includes:
-variations of existing 16th-based bluegrass.
-variations of existing celtic and train beat styles.
-new styles with both 8th-based and 16th variations.
-16th-based samba variations.

Forum Stats
33682 Members
67 Forums
67611 Topics
578597 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Pure Records, socagamer, DanZ, Mavrick20002, glemoine

33681 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 313