You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#611885 - 08/23/20 02:19 PM [User Showcase] What I'm Gonna Do ??
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

RnB song with the Philly Soul style I like of strings, smooth flow, and background harmonies and unison. Written and composed by me and I do all the vocals. Love this "Delfonics" and "Moments" type of stuff.

https://youtu.be/E0s2iF_7Mwg

Style - Pillowy.Sty - Dreamy Pop Ballad (slowed down to 75 BPM)
Bass - 700
Guitar 1 - 2617 (Wah Wah)
Drums - Southern Pop
Guitar 2 - 1762 Electric rhythm
Guitar 3 - 367 Background Dreamy
Strings - 2952 Jazz Ballad Pads
Organ - 688 B3 Background Pop

All vocals recorded on Tascam DP 32
Microphone: Shure PG-42
Mixed in Sonar Producer (Cakewalk)

#611897 - 08/23/20 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Henry Clarke]
Loc: Wauconda
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda
I wanted to be critical of the vocal mix, but I can't. It is way to good. This is definitely a keeper. Congrats.

SoundCloud

#611903 - 08/23/20 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: MusicStudent]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Well thank you sir !! I take that as a compliment :-)

#611921 - 08/23/20 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Henry Clarke]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello Henry ...

Due to my wife's significant disabilities and poor health, I don't get on the forum a lot these days. But when I saw you had posted a new one, I came right over to have a listen. I love your vocal styling and your arrangements. This is a super song with a lot of vocal dynamics and a lush mix. Everything is well-balanced and holds it's own space. The b/g vocals are stellar!

I hear almost as much DoWop as I do RnB/Soul. I understand that DoWop was the immediate predecessor of 60s and 70s RnB, but this particular song comes across to me as the musical era when contemporary music of the time had started to redefine DoWop and move it into the RnB arena. Thus, I see a melding of the two styles/genres here. For me, this song would have been a marvelous transition song of the time. And it's a wonderful trip back to that time. These 73 year-old ears aren't what they used to be, but this is how I heard your song. I gave it three successive listens!

BTW, I was a lead guitar player in several country bands for nearly 50 years and country all I ever played professionally. But I always had a deep appreciation and love for this style of music. I'd come home from a gig and put on an Al Jarreau, Platters, or Temptations, etc. album and just chill.

Although your voice is a bit softer and higher than his, your vocal styling reminds me a lot of Tony Williams, the late lead singer of The Platters. And the backing tracks, to my ear, are reminiscent of some of the The Five Satins later recordings. In my book, that's a pretty dang good combo!

A wonderful song you've crafted with a really "sweet" delivery. Thanks for a terrific listen! I guess I've rattled on enough. Wishing you the best and please be safe.

Alan

Edited by Al-David (08/23/20 05:05 PM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#611935 - 08/23/20 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Henry Clarke]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Totally classic, and Totally classy!!!! Love this sound!! This is the 3rd track I've heard from you today, and all are excellent!!! Take care. Greg

#611949 - 08/23/20 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Al-David]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Alan. I appreciate you taking the time out to listen. I too was a big doo [*****] fan and groups like the Platters had some of the best harmonies on the planet LOl .. I don't know "The Five Satins" so I'll have to check them out. I grew up on The Delfonics, The Spinners, The Manhattans, The Moments, and groups like that. They all had amazing vocals. I see you were a touring musician. I too spent some time in a few vocal groups by of course life got in the way (wife, children, BILLS, etc..) LOL However I have no regrets. I just enjoy the freedom today to write and do what I want to do. I'll never hae a hit and I'm okay with that. I'm just enjoying the ride. All the best to you and your wife !! Be Blessed. Henry

#611950 - 08/23/20 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Greg Johnson]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Greg !!

PG Music News
How to: Using the Copy/Paste Functions and Copy Multiple Tracks in RealBand

Here is a video on a customer requested topic that goes over how to copy and paste both a single track as well as multiple tracks at once, in RealBand.

Video: How to use the Copy/Paste Functions and Copy Multiple Tracks

How to: Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Here's a brief overview video explaining how Styles, RealTracks, MIDI tracks, and MIDI SuperTracks function in Band-in-a-Box®, and how to select them in your project. Please let us know if you have any questions!

How to Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Forum Stats
36382 Members
64 Forums
75310 Topics
662244 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
daryel.corran, Arnaldo Rivera, jamesbrook9, August White, Boone

36382 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 181
MarioD 179