Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#614072 - 09/07/20 08:00 PM [User Showcase] Together again (jazz funk/fusion)
Loc: Sunny Florida :)
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Hi all!

You've all been so welcoming and encouragin when I posted my 1st song ("Light worker") that you made me feel more comfortable sharing this 2nd song I have composed and just published on Soundcloud.

I used BIAB for the backing track :

Styles : Icepop.sty and a bit of Sputter.sty & Stutter.sty

I used MTT drums to give some more colors and variations for some fills.

I play all the guitars (funky rythms, lead & solo).

It starts as a jazz funk tune and then goes more into fusion when the solo comes.

Programs used :
- Reaper + Valallah reverb + OTT + Ozone 9
- THU for the guitar sounds

Hope you will like it.

[Link no longer valid]

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (02/02/21 03:39 PM)

#614087 - 09/07/20 09:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Impressive melodic playing and a well produced instrumental.

Nice work.

Peter

#614089 - 09/07/20 09:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Thank you so much PeterF! This touches me even more that contrary to most of the members here I don't sing, therefore what I post are instrumentals only, and I feel a bit "off topic" because of that.

Thank you for your support!

#614107 - 09/08/20 04:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
The way the bass/kick drum seems to spread across the sound stage is a bit weird and robs the song of a little low end propulsion.
Your playing is really cool..
I'm not sure if the lead part over the breakdown really worked...something more linear would have drawn me to the next section better.
Ah, but that's me.
the delay & reverb on the guitar is very Santana.
I really like your rhythm guitar.

#614120 - 09/08/20 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: rayc]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: rayc
The way the bass/kick drum seems to spread across the sound stage is a bit weird and robs the song of a little low end propulsion.
Your playing is really cool..
I'm not sure if the lead part over the breakdown really worked...something more linear would have drawn me to the next section better.
Ah, but that's me.
the delay & reverb on the guitar is very Santana.
I really like your rhythm guitar.

Hi friend!

Thank you for your feedback. Since I'm not an English native speaker I'm not too sure about what your 1st sentence means. For your information I have another mixed version which focus more on high end, maybe this is what you were talking about. I hesitated between the mix 1 on Soundcloud and the mix 2 on Youtube (the more high end mix). This version can be found here (maybe it won't change what you meant but just in case here it is) :

Thank you for your nice words about my playing and the rythm guitars, that's very nice of you smile

As about the bridge moment (I presume you are refering to the 1 minute 50 secs moment), well... as you said, it is very person dependant. I'm a jazz fusion player and I grew musically listening to Allan Holdsworth, Scott Henderson/Tribal Tech, and Frank Gambale. So my ears are accustomed to those things smile

Thanks again for your feedback, I'm just relearning the guitar and I am learning producing (this is just my 2nd attempt producing a whole song, so I guess I have a lot of room for improvement) smile

#614129 - 09/08/20 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A good listen.

Nice guitars. A pleasant melody. I liked the change up at the solo - it kept my interest - well played.

A good mix.

I enjoyed it.

fj

#614171 - 09/08/20 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: floyd jane]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A good listen.

Nice guitars. A pleasant melody. I liked the change up at the solo - it kept my interest - well played.

A good mix.

I enjoyed it.

fj

Thank you so much Floyd! You are so much more experienced than me so your words really encourage me !

#614175 - 09/08/20 12:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Cool playing and we like that Santana like tone.

The funk vibe really added to it.

Well done!

J&B

#614258 - 09/08/20 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Cool playing and we like that Santana like tone.

The funk vibe really added to it.

Well done!

J&B

Thank you to both of you!

#614262 - 09/08/20 08:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello!

I'm a big fan of Jazz and this one really caught my attention. Loved that short fusion riff at about 1:45 - 1:50. All the guitar parts are excellent. For most of my modern jazz pieces ... and all things George Benson - like ... I use echo/delay quite a bit on the lead guitar.

Thew drums and bass set a real nice rhythm bed for everything else.

I enjoyed this a lot ... thanks for posting it for us. Best to you. be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#614302 - 09/09/20 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Al-David]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello!

I'm a big fan of Jazz and this one really caught my attention. Loved that short fusion riff at about 1:45 - 1:50. All the guitar parts are excellent. For most of my modern jazz pieces ... and all things George Benson - like ... I use echo/delay quite a bit on the lead guitar.

Thew drums and bass set a real nice rhythm bed for everything else.

I enjoyed this a lot ... thanks for posting it for us. Best to you. be safe ...

Alan

Thank you so much Alan for your very nice words which touch my heart. I'm so happy that you enjoyed this tune! And it's always a pleasure for me to interact with another jazz lover! Thanks!

#614329 - 09/09/20 11:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Alabama
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
Excellent song, brilliant guitar work on this !!! Cliff

#614373 - 09/09/20 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: cliftond]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: cliftond
Excellent song, brilliant guitar work on this !!! Cliff

Thank you so much! To be honest, it wasn't a smooth ride to get the guitar how it is on the tune (especially the solo part) after such a long break ! Thanks again for your support!

#614378 - 09/09/20 07:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Very nice groove! I really liked listening... thanks for sharing!

Will

#614381 - 09/09/20 08:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Melodic playing - kept me listening all the way through. Good arrangement as well.

Don't even think twice about not having vocals - more instrumentals, please! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#614389 - 09/09/20 10:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Chris Dent Offline
Apprentice

Another very nice piece. Great guitar playing and tone...

Who needs vocals when the guitar says it all? :-)

#614561 - 09/11/20 07:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Chris Dent]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very nice groove! I really liked listening... thanks for sharing!

Will

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Melodic playing - kept me listening all the way through. Good arrangement as well.

Don't even think twice about not having vocals - more instrumentals, please! laugh

Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Another very nice piece. Great guitar playing and tone...

Who needs vocals when the guitar says it all? :-)

Thank you guys! Yeah I was feeling like the black sheep posting instrumentals. I feel better now, thanks!

#614717 - 09/12/20 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
F.M.M. Offline
Veteran

very engaging like the phrasing and solo great job hope to here more from you thanks Eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#614773 - 09/12/20 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
More stellar work from you! I wasn't sure about the break at 1:45 but it's growing on me with repeated listenings. Yeah, I can't sing either, good thing there are options here for it. Very good work!

#614817 - 09/13/20 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: TuneMonger]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
very engaging like the phrasing and solo great job hope to here more from you thanks Eric

Thank you so much Eric!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
More stellar work from you! I wasn't sure about the break at 1:45 but it's growing on me with repeated listenings. Yeah, I can't sing either, good thing there are options here for it. Very good work!

Thank you very much! I understand that the break can be surprising at 1st. This is pure fusionish lick and not everyone is used to those things. I'm glad that with time this break grew on you. Thank you for your nice words and support!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by Endorsing Artist Gabriel Mark Hasselbach: https://youtu.be/86DOXpAbf7I

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box since my Atari days and the program has grown and blossomed like a hothouse flower! My history of 10 Billboard hits, 14 albums, Juno awards, Album of the Year Award, and JazzWeek charting has all been interwoven with Band in the Box. A great tool for songwriting, arranging, preproduction, and even finished projects. Visionary work PG Music!"
- Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Learn more about Gabriel Mark Hasselbach.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Deutsch für Macintosh ist verfügbar!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Deutsch für Macintosh
Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks (20 mehr als in früheren Versionen), neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Künstler Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, neue "wiedergebbare RealTracks" Hi-Q Sounds, 2 Sets von "RealDrums Stems" und mehr!

Paket | Was ist neu?

Forum Stats
36532 Members
64 Forums
75684 Topics
666947 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ricky100, WilliamE, Joresar84, Radioly, John Simons

36532 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 160