Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#615738 - 09/19/20 12:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: WV, USA
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Eddie,

Why not go ahead and bite the bullet and get one of those Fender Acoustasonics?

You know you want one. LOL

#615754 - 09/19/20 03:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Maybe you want something like a Gibson ES 335 copy but probably won't get much of a sound out of it unplugged, Did you mention a body depth of just 2 inches or is that in my imagination, I know my Washburn is more than that but still very comfortable to hold, and sound is loud enough unplugged.

Here is a Washburn comfort guitar, not the one I have though.

Washburn comfort guitar

I bought a few guitars on Amazon, keeping an eye on them over a few months I bite the bullet when they reached the price I could afford, though their packaging is terrible just the guitar in its cardboard box, no bubble wrap whatsoever, one came damaged.

But the price was right and I took the chance, so happy enough.

Edited by musiclover (09/19/20 03:08 PM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2022, Cubase elements 11 and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

#615762 - 09/19/20 04:08 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Bob, once my home refi is done and I don't have to worry about credit card balances, my perspective will change. At that point I might go ahead and buy that one. Or the Chet Atkins model Epiphone makes. Sadly I doubt if having a Chet Atkins guitar will make me play like Chet Atkins. He is either at or near the top of almost every "best ever" discussion. Man, he was smooth. The Godin is also in the running. VERY thin body at 2 inches. Buying a thinner guitar is WAY faster and easier than making a thinner me.

Do you realize that a good night of sleep is nothing more than the human version of "Turn it off and turn it back on again"?

#616047 - 09/21/20 03:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

#616049 - 09/21/20 04:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
You mentioned Godin, but have you looked at any Seagull/Art & Lutherie/Simon & Patrick? It's all the same company - they're all Godin products and made in the same factory. They make some "Folk" guitars, which are a smaller body and very comfortable to play.

Yamaha makes the APX series, they can also be very good in the smaller guitar range.

Going up in price, my favourite was a mahogany Taylor GS Mini that I owned for a while and is to date the only guitar I regret selling. Absolutely worth every penny.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Buying a thinner guitar is WAY faster and easier than making a thinner me.

Truth!

Edited by Simon - PG Music (09/21/20 04:04 PM)

#616057 - 09/21/20 05:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Veteran

I am most interested in finding the thinnest guitar made on the planet. I had an Epiphone Dot once that was very thin, like 2 inches, but the 335 body shape was awkward for my short arms. That Godin that looks like a Strat is a really nice playing guitar. I'll look into all of them when it's close to time to get serious about it.

Do you realize that a good night of sleep is nothing more than the human version of "Turn it off and turn it back on again"?

#616058 - 09/21/20 05:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

#616059 - 09/21/20 06:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Another possibility would be this one:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton_custom_line_nashville_steel.htm

I've never seen or played either of these so I'm not giving a personal recommendation. It's just a familiarity with the brand.

#616060 - 09/21/20 06:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Veteran

Oh wow!! Bookmarked and quite likely the winner!!! THAT is how thin I want it. I don't know how I missed that when I looked at their pages.

#616062 - 09/21/20 06:30 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Eddie,

The best way to search through the Harley Benton's is to bookmark this page and then select a category;

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton.html

#616067 - 09/21/20 06:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

For what it's worth, I have 3 HB's and my son has 1.

If I don't croak before then and remain mobile, I will buy more guitars from them.

#616165 - 09/22/20 05:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I have been having fun playing 3/4 scale acoustics but it does cramp your fretting hand a bit. There’s also that Yamaha that was just the outline of a guitar body. Can’t remember what those were called.

#616291 - 09/23/20 02:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK
long before we could buy strats or teles in the uk, hofner was a european maker and the verithin was their flagship

https://reverb.com/uk/item/34632451-hofn...AyABEgL_2PD_BwE

Incidentally the originals were spelt 'verithin' whereas modern reissues are 'verythin'

Edited by Bob Calver (09/23/20 02:31 PM)

#616299 - 09/23/20 03:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Veteran

Lots of great suggestions here, but that thin body requirement is steering me toward the Harley Benton. The 3 7/8 deep guitars is pretty much what I have now with the Applause, and I can't play it. The 2 inch deep acoustic (since I will NEVER play it acoustic only anyhow) seems like the deal for me. Thanks to the ol' flatpicker for steering me toward it. The first time through the HB web page I didn't even see it.

#617451 - 10/01/20 05:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

#617456 - 10/01/20 06:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Veteran

If it would make me sound like THAT guy, sure!!

I am pretty convinced to get the one that looks like a Strat. I like the "Godin" look of it. May order it as soon as next week. Then another month and on to the Jazzmaster.

#617494 - 10/02/20 04:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Its strange really how the shape of a guitar can put a person off it. I never really liked the look of the Les Paul or Strat, but the ES335 or Tele I do.

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2022, Cubase elements 11 and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

#617496 - 10/02/20 04:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: musiclover]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musiclover
Its strange really how the shape of a guitar can put a person off it. I never really liked the look of the Les Paul or Strat, but the ES335 or Tele I do.

I like the look of all of them but the Les Paul is one of the most uncomfortable guitars I've ever played. The balance is way off for me.

The Strat is easily the most comfortable guitar I've played.

Edited by bobcflatpicker (10/02/20 04:58 AM)

#617507 - 10/02/20 06:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Originally Posted By: musiclover

I like the look of all of them but the Les Paul is one of the most uncomfortable guitars I've ever played. The balance is way off for me.

The Strat is easily the most comfortable guitar I've played.

I agree that some of the really odd shaped guitars turn me off.

I also agree that the LP is very uncomfortable guitars to play.

The most comfortable guitar that I have ever played was my Fender Jaguar with its off-set waist. My Casio Strat MIDI controller has the same configuration as does my Tele copy, and both of my bass guitars.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#617513 - 10/02/20 07:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: MarioD]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I agree that some of the really odd shaped guitars turn me off.

I also agree that the LP is very uncomfortable guitars to play.

The most comfortable guitar that I have ever played was my Fender Jaguar with its off-set waist. My Casio Strat MIDI controller has the same configuration as does my Tele copy, and both of my bass guitars.

I've never played a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster. I do love Tele's though.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Forum Stats
35201 Members
63 Forums
71677 Topics
624478 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Busman88, Bulldogz, cliocane, Gpa Marty, DWag

35201 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 430
Matt Finley 245