You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#616627 - 09/26/20 05:45 AM [User Showcase] In Time
Loc: UK
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Hi all, this is my 5th BIAB song and the simplest arrangement so far.

https://www.djhsongs.co.uk/osl-intime

It was originally a rock song but the backing track I’d made earlier this year was in the wrong key for the vocalist I’m currently working with, so after spending hours trying to recreate the original, I gave up and started from scratch. (I did try a pitch drop through Reaper which wasn’t too bad but it lost its sparkle).

In the end I’m more than happy with this version as I think it works with the simpler arrangement.

The Style was _READER.STY (Reader Songwriter Strings) but tracks used were:

RealTracks in style: ~2479:Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2557:Cello, Background SlowWaltz Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 1729:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBalladJohn Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2975:Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085

Thanks for taking a listen,
David

IN TIME

I woke up this morning feeling so strange, it wasn’t like this not yesterday
Everything then seemed normal and right, but I hadn’t meet her until late last night

She walked up to me so gracefully, she told me her name and asked for a seat
And I’d never known till I looked in her eyes, why people believed in love at first sight

CHORUS
I know what I fear what would happen in time
It’ll all end in tears and I guessed they’d be mine

We talked about life, her hopes and her dreams, she told me her secrets and shared in her fears
We laughed then she cried and I held her close, but still I don’t know if she knows what I know

CHORUS
It’ll all end in tears and I guessed they’d be mine

Oh life can be strange, oh life can be cruel
You meet someone who changes your rules
Was it by chance or was it by fate
Were the Angels of destiny, were they lying in wait?

Well like all good things I guess it must end
Will it be now or will it be when
I’ve given her a part of my heart
I should have known right from the start

CHORUS x2
It’ll all end in tears and I guess they’ll be mine
Yeah I know what I fear what would happen in time
It’ll all end in tears and I guess they’ll be mine

Will they be mine.....

#616645 - 09/26/20 07:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Fantastic set of lyrics all encapsulated in a quality musical delivery.

Really enjoyed this. A dynamic, quality production.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#616672 - 09/26/20 11:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Derochette Offline
Apprentice

Hellodjames,

Very pleasant composition. The arrangement is perfect. The vocals a little behind find their place. Lelyric well written and reproduced.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

#616820 - 09/27/20 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

David,
The simple arrangement works well- I like the melody with nice peaks the vocalist ( not sure if that`s you?)handles well until the closing repeats which I thought became a little ragged.
I enjoyed the lyrics which hint at the push and pull of doubts and hopes.

Robert

#616868 - 09/27/20 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
I absolutely loved the melody, one of the best I've heard here on the User Showcase. Vocals were terrific as well. Put it on the radio!

#616883 - 09/28/20 01:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Nice stuff.
I found the right hand of the piano a bit loud and the bass seems off centre which is a little muddy too with the bottom end of the piano.
The vocalist has nice, grainy voice and the melody is pretty good.
I think the cello in the solo could come up...perhaps not as loud as the vocal but getting closer than it as as it sounds a little undefined at the current low volume.
You could've just changed the key in the key signature box.
Nice work though.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#616889 - 09/28/20 03:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi David,

Simple songs can often be very good. Yours is no exception to that.
A really nice song you made. I liked it a lot!
I'm afraid I don't have any specific things to help you improve this song.
It is good and your vocals are very well!
Maybe that tiny hoarse moment in your vocals at the end of the song.
But it is also the nice expression of emotions.

Hans

#617389 - 10/01/20 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: VideoTrack]
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Hi all, thanks for the listens and comments - all really helpful and - not sure of the expression - but very confidence building! It's also confirmed I've a few small adjustments to make for a final mix.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Fantastic set of lyrics all encapsulated in a quality musical delivery.

Really enjoyed this. A dynamic, quality production.

Thank you VideoTrack, much appreciated! I do like a lyric that tells a story.

Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hellodjames,

Very pleasant composition. The arrangement is perfect. The vocals a little behind find their place. Lelyric well written and reproduced.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks Dero13, the vocal was sung to the rocky version so fortunately the timing worked in the end.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
David,
The simple arrangement works well- I like the melody with nice peaks the vocalist ( not sure if that`s you?)handles well until the closing repeats which I thought became a little ragged.
I enjoyed the lyrics which hint at the push and pull of doubts and hopes.

Robert

Thanks Robert, it's not me singing - I wish! - but yes I was in two minds whether to leave it like that or use Melodyne to make a slight adjustment. I did think about putting a twist in the last part of the lyric but thought it might spoil it, so hints are good.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I absolutely loved the melody, one of the best I've heard here on the User Showcase. Vocals were terrific as well. Put it on the radio!

Oh wow, thanks TuneMonger, that is high praise indeed!! From your lips to a radio pluggers ears :-)

Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice stuff.
I found the right hand of the piano a bit loud and the bass seems off centre which is a little muddy too with the bottom end of the piano.
The vocalist has nice, grainy voice and the melody is pretty good.
I think the cello in the solo could come up...perhaps not as loud as the vocal but getting closer than it as as it sounds a little undefined at the current low volume.
You could've just changed the key in the key signature box.
Nice work though.

Thanks Ray, I'll look at those for the final mix, and yes the cello solo is a bit too low.

Regards the key change, I did try initially but as it was mostly edited together in Reaper, I gave up. Good job in the end :-)

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi David,

Simple songs can often be very good. Yours is no exception to that.
A really nice song you made. I liked it a lot!
I'm afraid I don't have any specific things to help you improve this song.
It is good and your vocals are very well!
Maybe that tiny hoarse moment in your vocals at the end of the song.
But it is also the nice expression of emotions.

Hans

Thanks Hans, appreciate the listen and comments. I agree with the emotion / wobble on the voice at the end.

Again, thank you all,
David

#617403 - 10/01/20 07:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello David ..

Justin and you have a super song here! Everything works and is well mixed. I totally enjoyed my listen ... great lyric, arrangement and delivery.

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#617523 - 10/02/20 08:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Illinois
Good lyrics, well delivered.
Nice an clear mix.
Overall very well done.

#617574 - 10/02/20 04:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
I enjoyed Justin's vocals. As others have said...wonderful melody.

"And I’d never known till I looked in her eyes, why people believed in love at first sight." Great line. So true.

#617580 - 10/02/20 04:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Great job on a great song. The vocals and piano were spot on. Thanks for the listen!!

#617591 - 10/02/20 05:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Sometimes simple is best! Thanks so much for sharing.

#617974 - 10/06/20 04:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you all for the additional comments - I have now made a few tiny adjustments and added the finished bandlab mastered version to the original link.

Cheers,
David

#618724 - 10/11/20 05:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice stuff!! Singer is awesome....tone, pitch, emotion, the whole nine!!! Lovely music and strong lyric. A home run!! Take care. Greg

#619198 - 10/15/20 02:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The soulful impassioned vocal well delivered your nice write.

The BiaB band and mix all sounded good on our monitors.

Well done!

J&B

#619284 - 10/16/20 07:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful vocal and lyric. Piano was very cool. Well done

#619291 - 10/16/20 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: In Time [Re: djames]
Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Bawb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Hi djames,

Wow, brother this is such a good song you've made. Good lyrics and good music that fits perfectly. And your vocals are right on key...GREAT sound and arrangement. At times, it kind of sounds like a Don McLean song or even Neal Diamond? I know that kinda dated me, but I'll own it.
Thanks for posting it.

I enjoyed the listen

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows: New Features Video

It's here! Check out all the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows with our New Features video.
www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

Forum Stats
33300 Members
67 Forums
66500 Topics
569648 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Dhcousins, LinhForex, Wmpf, ewesaname, jymorisson49

33300 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 283
Pipeline 270