Options
Index
#616139 - 09/22/20 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Spend This World
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Spend This World

For this song, I had to channel my inner teen. laugh I wanted to write from the perspective of a teen/young adult, so I tried to recall my thought processes as a high school student in the 70s. Like it or not, this is what I came up with. I hope the age of my voice doesn't ruin the presentation of the song.

Tracks:
RT2583 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Punk
RT2584 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkMuted
RT2585 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus
RT997 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLACrispArp
RT699 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty
RT2586 Guitar, Electric, Soloist PunkMurray
RT2589 Bass, Electric, PunkFuzz
Virtual Guitarist Iron
Drums are from spliced loops (royalty-free, of course)

Lyrics:

They put me here
For thinking about you
The put me here
What are they gonna do

I’m waiting for the walls

They put here
Cause I don’t wanna
They put me here
Cause I’m gonna

I’m waiting for the walls to come crashing down.

Nothing will take me away from you ever
We’re gonna spend this world together

They put me here
Cause they don’t know
The put me here
To put on a show

I’m waiting for the walls to come crashing down.

Nothing will take me away from you ever

Clowns lurking on the forest edges
Gnomes living in your mama’s hedges
Stone skipping by the old school
Midnight dipping in your kiddie pool

I’m waiting for the walls

I’m waiting for the walls to come crashing down

Nothing will take you away from me ever

They put me here
To put on a show
They put me here
Cause they don’t want to know

#616162 - 09/22/20 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Wowser. That intro got me sitting up straight in my chair. Very cool tune and an awesome vocal. Well done. Boy that bass just makes the song just bounce...

#616174 - 09/22/20 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Scott
Your inner teen rocks! Love it.
Regards,
Leon

#616276 - 09/23/20 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Illinois
Rock On!
Nice work on that.

#616294 - 09/23/20 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: CaptainMoto]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wowser. That intro got me sitting up straight in my chair. Very cool tune and an awesome vocal. Well done. Boy that bass just makes the song just bounce...

Thanks, Scott. I appreciate it.
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Scott
Your inner teen rocks! Love it.
Regards,
Leon

Thank you, Leon. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Rock On!
Nice work on that.

Thanks so much, Cap'n!

#616456 - 09/24/20 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Scott,
He`s alive in there- that teen I mean, and the old guy who listened to all those 80`s bands ( I hardly did, but I`m thinking Cheap Trick?).
I like the whole thing, but my favourite part is the lyrics on the bridge:

Clowns lurking on the forest edges
Midnight dipping in your kiddie pool

nice...there`s a story or two behind that.

Robert

#616519 - 09/25/20 03:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
This is cool - your vocal is one of your best.
I think the guitars in the verses are too fizzy/metal but that's becasue the RealTracks labelled punk are more 90's punk than late 70s. If you tried to defizz them with EQ you'd end up with blunt blah.
This song pushes and rocks, the bass and drums are spot on as, like I mentioned, the voice.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#616521 - 09/25/20 03:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Really good lyric hook...”spend world together”..spot-on vocal quality...great energy...good work!

#616571 - 09/25/20 01:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA

Yeah, as mentioned that inner teen can rock! I (Bud) can relate to this but from the 60's. Another decade same angst. Janice just smiled when I typed that smile

We always liked connect your own dots lyrics when there are the "right" amount of dots and this one is perfecto.

We've always been fans of your vocals and this one is so full of energy ... which is necessary for that hard pumping very well done production.

As Janice says, "never grow up it's a trap." Hmmm..a hook perhaps.

In summary it is FUN to hear some hard driving rock on the board!

J&B

#616601 - 09/25/20 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Ez ...

As I listened, I considered lengthening my sideburns and letting my hair grow! But ... I didn't. Definitely 70's rock. My rock era was the 60s ... I'm an old fart. Will be 74 on my next birthday. Yikes!!!!

Love that clipped ending ... the perfect punctuation for the hard drive along the way. Your inner teen thrives!

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#616611 - 09/25/20 10:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Your inner teen is fun to listen to. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#616739 - 09/26/20 05:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Fun and lively!! Yeah, I remember high school in the 70's......good times! Enjoyed the song!! Take care. Greg

#616747 - 09/26/20 07:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Sounds like you had fun with this one!! No nit-picking from me !! Great Job !!

#616902 - 09/28/20 05:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Derochette Offline
Apprentice

Hello Ezekiel's Storm,

It's good rock. The voice fits well with the rhythm without being aggressive despite the content of the lyrics. The mix is ​​good.

Best regard
alias JaniJackFlash

#616917 - 09/28/20 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
vicarn Offline
Apprentice

That was fun.
Love the vocal sound in this.
Almost Bowie.

Vic

#616928 - 09/28/20 10:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
BabuMusic Offline
Journeyman

Great sounds, Ezekiel. Outstanding lyrics and your vocal is PERFECT. Sounds so much better than some young punk trying to pull it off. wink

"Clowns lurking on the forest edges
Midnight dipping in your kiddie pool"

You, too, huh?

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#616973 - 09/28/20 04:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like 80s new wave to me and your vocal is perfect for it. Great work!

#616995 - 09/28/20 07:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Where in the world did they put you? As manic as this is, I wouldn't be surprised by any answer. Great fun with an angsty soul. Sounds really good with an effective stereo spread. And it definately put me back (in feel, if not style) to my high school days, remembering the forever love of my life. Sweet...Whatzer Name.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#617024 - 09/29/20 03:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
You were some youngster!
Nice energetic song. Very pleasant listening to. Old days reviving with this...

I only had one objection; "We’re gonna spend this world together" is not a good thing for the world, is it?

Hans

#617029 - 09/29/20 04:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Spend This World [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"Clowns lurking on the forest edges
Midnight dipping in your kiddie pool"

I see I'm not the only one that picked that particular set of lyrics smile Very cool indeed.

The 70's ... a special time indeed! Many fond memories.

Outstanding track from start to finish, well done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33216 Members
67 Forums
66095 Topics
567124 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jdgm, fdesat, babluc, Martin6611, Deddiekoel

33216 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 191
MarioD 164