Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#617620 - 10/03/20 12:52 AM [User Showcase] She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna)
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Hey, everyone:

I hope you are all safe and well. This is a first time collaboration with Donna Evans (Belladonna), who passed along the lyrics to a song she had composed, and I was happy to give them a go. I changed the order of a couple lines in the chorus to fit the melody/song structure I came up with, and then tweaked a line or two in the second verse . . . but beyond that I've stayed very true to Donna's original lyric. Special thanks to Donna for pitching in on the back up vocals. Hope it works well enough and that you enjoy the listen.

My best to you all,

Deej

Here’s the song:

SHE SEES THRU GYPSY EYES

Here are the lyrics:

Gazing into her crystal ball—
image clear, logic’s dull.
She reads tea leaves and palms
to find out what’s goin’ on.

Floating yellow flower rings
cross waters where spirits sing—
My baby’s got a following
that brings in these gold dollars.

She sees thru gypsy eyes,
and I swear that I’m blind
and I’m hypnotized.
She sees thru gypsy eyes.
She says we’re meant to be.
It’s our destiny—
the cards don’t lie.

Viewing visions so divine,
signs light up like sunshine.
I ask her if I’m dreamin’,
she says see’in is believin’.

I was raised on a proper path.
Have I been converted?
Well, she just laughed.
For us, life will just roll on past
with fortune on our side.

and I’m hypnotized.
It’s our destiny—
the cards don’t lie.

And she says now I know real living.
She says now all my doubt’s forgiven.

Floating yellow flower rings
cross waters where spirits sing—
My baby’s got a following
that brings in these gold dollars

and I’m hypnotized.
It’s our destiny—
the cards don’t lie.

And here’s the band:

RealTracks 2590: Bass, Electric, RockPickedQuarters Ev 165
RealTracks 2930: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock8thsBrent Ev 100
RealTracks 3203: Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopBrent Ev 110
RealTracks 2870: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticAirDave Ev 085
RealTracks 1752: Accordion, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks 1948: Mandolin, Rhythm PopUpliftingAndy Ev16 120
RealDrums in Style: BluesRockEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat
And rhythm guitar: DJ Lekich

#617624 - 10/03/20 01:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Donna and Deej ...

I like it! The lyric is super and the vocal interpretation of them is spot on. Deej ... you have a signature vocal style I really, really like. Great lyric, Donna!

I like the b/g vocals ... really cool! I like everything about this!

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#617657 - 10/03/20 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
I think this is your best production yet. Tight. Very well done.

Excellent mix. Good vocal (sits nicely in the mix). Good BGVs.

Excellent melody - really wakes up the lyric. The chorus is especially nice.

#617664 - 10/03/20 08:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Very good lyrics turned into a very good song.
Your vocals are always so outstanding.

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#617694 - 10/03/20 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Deej & Donna,
A cool song idea carried through with nice lyric details and a very catchy pop melody... the vocal , naturally , is great and bgv`s at the close add sparkle.
It`s all good; well done to you both!

Robert

#617929 - 10/05/20 06:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Deej and Donna
Wow, this all comes together so well. The lyrics have great rhythm when sung (particularly the chorus), the lead and backing vocals are excellent, the melody is memorable and the instrumentation is just right. Wonderful collaboration.
Regards,
Leon

#617930 - 10/05/20 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. My 1st collab with Deej, love his take on my song!! Really COOL!!

#617944 - 10/05/20 08:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Wonderful recording. I really like the lyrics, well done Belladonna. You found a very sweet and catchy melody Deej56. You really nailed the production too. Great vocals. Real quality work here. Great use of the band too.

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#617948 - 10/05/20 10:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Nice lyrics, the song had a Van Morrison feel to me although the gypsy theme might've had something to do with that. The song was a great vehicle for your excellent vocals. Good package on every level.

#617952 - 10/05/20 11:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Works well enough for me! wink

Loved the background "La la la"s.

Fun throwback!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#617961 - 10/06/20 01:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good collaboration!

Your music brought the (excellent) lyrics to life, well done to both of you.

#618020 - 10/06/20 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Awesome tune. As always a very cool vocal. Loved Donna's lyrics. Very well done

#618153 - 10/07/20 08:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hello Deej56,

Superb composition with well written lyrics and a voice that lends itself wonderfully. Sober but well paced arrangement. It was a pleasure to listen to you.

Kindly regard

alias JaniJackFlash

#618196 - 10/07/20 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Nice lyric, melody, vocals, band and mix -- the whole package.

We like the lyric as it's just abstract enough to be of sustained interest but not so much so that you have to spend most of the listen trying to figure out what's going on.

The melody fits that time worn word "catchy" very well. It and the lyric stick with you.

Good job y'all,

J&B

#618257 - 10/07/20 06:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

A "meant-to-be" marriage of lyric, music and delivery. Here's hoping for the following to bring in those gold dollars. Very much enjoyed.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#618265 - 10/07/20 10:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi DJ and Donna,

This is fantastic. I'm a huge fan of the chorus. It's really strong and glues the verses and Bridge together super-well.

The singer/songwriter feel is a perfect fit. And Deej, your voice shines in an equally polished production.

Loved it.

All the best,
Noel

#618279 - 10/08/20 02:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Deej and Donna,

I want to join all the compliments on your song and lyrics. Both are very nice.
The song has a very nice rhytm, the mix is done very well and the lyrics are lovely and funny at the same time.

I liked it very much, just as your other songs,
Hans

#618284 - 10/08/20 04:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Really good. I did comment yesterday but it seems to have fallen from the cart.
Nothing to dislike...and hooky too.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#618373 - 10/08/20 03:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
Deej, Belladonna, what a great collaboration! This is an outstanding song on every level. I'll tell you what I thought of after listening for a bit. If anyone here has watched the show Gilmore Girls, or heard the music from the show, this song could have absolutely been on there. It would fit perfectly and is right up there with the same quality and performance level.

Well done!

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

#618729 - 10/11/20 05:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great feeling groove, and a really nice tune!! Wonderful collaboration by you guys!! Always love your vocals Deep!! Very, very cool!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34894 Members
66 Forums
70900 Topics
614120 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
map23, KrystalRobinson, Sachmo, DeborahRoughton, SMC

34894 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 210
swingbabymix 203