Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Hi y’all,

first of all I want to thank you, also on Maha’s behalf, once again for your good wishes and your understanding - we appreciate them more than you might imagine.

Like I wrote there won’t be many contributions to the forum this year - this one took many months to accomplish and we were lucky that Maha had some better days a couple of weeks ago, so she could do the mixing and appear in two smal scenes in the video. I’m afraid it might take quite some time before she’ll be able to go on with all that.

Maybe I will post one or two earlier songs/videos, but I’ll have to check them first wether or not they’re good enough for your ears end eyes.

As to ‘Heck, I Was Just Dreaming’: Got the idea to write a Chuck Berry hommage when Janice & Bud & Peter poblished a song using the Chuck Berry style - I think it was C. C. Rider.

I’ve been a huge Chuck Berry fan ever since - in fact I’m pretty sure it was him resp. his marvellous songs that lit my fire of love for Rock ‘n’ Roll and guitar playing in general.

And I still think that he was one of the greatest story tellers of them all - lyrics like ‘Too Much Monkey Business’ are immortal, aren’t they...

So here’s my humble attempt to bring the names of 51 great Chuck Berry tunes into a (more or less) reasonable order.

Video on YouTube (with lyrics)

Video on my website (with lyrics)

Audio on SoundCloud

Hope y’all gonna have some fun listening and watching even in times like these that stifle any laughter for so many reasons whenever you switch on your TV.

Take good care,

Stefan

========================================

Musical data:

Bass: RT 2149 (New Orleans Boogie)
Piano: RT 2151 (New Orleans Boogie)
Guitar 1: RT 1718 (Texas Blues Rock)
Drums: Written in MIDI played by MTPowerDrums

Vocals: Me
Guitar solos: Me (Fender Strat Jeff Beck Signature, Vox VT 20

Like always designed in Band-in-a-box and worked out in RealBand.

Maha mixed the thing using Reaper for the first time. Also for the first time she used one or two CLA plug-ins. I really admire her for having the will to accomplish the song despite being ill. She tried to keep the sound rougher than usual - my tinnitus ears are completely satisfied with it. Thank you so much, honey - whatever you do: I love it!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
GREAT!>>>>>>>>SUPER>>>>>>>>>>FANTASTIC!

On a scale of 1-10, that was a 25!

Your talent is amazing, so creative.
Glad to see Maha participating.

You must have an unlimited wardrobe budget, the costumes where great.

I really enjoyed that.

You made my day.

Thanks,
moto

Last edited by CaptainMoto; 10/20/20 06:09 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,

A very clever write.
Great use of BIAB.
Nice guitar work.
Another AMAZING video.
Maha's mix is excellent.

Great entertainment.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan ...

Floyd beat me to the punch ... said pretty much what I was thinking. He just said it better than i would have.

You're not just a songer/songwriter.musician ... you're a world-class entertainer. You've never posted anything I didn't think was fabulous. And this one is so good!

Before I moved from St. Louis about 10 years ago, I lived across the highway from Chuck Berry ... about 4KM between us. (That's 2 1/2 miles). We actually lived in Wentzville, Missouri ... a western suburb of St. Louis. When I was still playing in a band, he dropped in and sat in with us 4 or 5 times over a period of about 3 years.

You perfectly captured the CB sound! That was an amazing video and fantastic song. Loved every second of it!

Also, it was so nice to see Maha well enough to participate. Di and I think of the two of you everyday. We send our best and most special wishes to her. You already know my thoughts about you're deteriorating eyesight.

Wishing everything good for both of you. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Stefan,

Well, that was a ton of fun! An awesome idea wonderfully executed in all respects . . . and I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this. It shows. Everything about it was top notch. Simply outstanding!

My best to you both!

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan

That was stunning. Brilliant video, clever concept and superbly produced.

The Chuck Berry guitar playing throughout was superb, inventive and right on the money.

Loved the lyric idea and execution.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

I had the honour of watching this marvellous video and your song before, but this one is even better than that one.
You did a tremendous job! I know what time and effort it had cost Maha and you to get it all how you wanted it to be, but -WOW- what a good video you both made! All those funny things in it. You have to watch it severall times and still you have missed something.

When you placed your latest post I was afraid this video wouldn't come in the Forum, but luckily you have to say goodbye about a dozen times before you really do. And even then I'm not sure.

Give Maha my best wishes,
We'll talk again,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nice work! Loved the video, and the song was great too. Thought the mixing job was 100%, and the guitar work stood out a lot also. Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hi Stephan,

It's really cool how you managed to assemble this Chuck Berry collage. Anything that hearkens back to a simpler time always feels like a more enjoyable listen for me. Thanks for posting.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tens all around. Loved the tune and another very cool video. Love your work.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
PURE FUN and some excellent Berry n more riffing...extremely well done.

I did a tribute to Brian Wilson building a lyric on Beach Boy.Wilson lyrical snippets and titles. I even did it in mono - but had to remix it to stereo as NO ONE wanted to hear mono. Philistines!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-oL9YQQ3mc&ab_channel=raycochrane
It was in the days of dead simple vids for me.

This song AND video represent a major effort - Maha did a brilliant job.
Fun, rockin', fun and also a good brain tease trying to match titles to the songs in my head.
My fave Berry album is a Chess remaster 2 x CD thing at present...really good sound and Johnny Johnson can be heard pretty clearly in them.
EXCELLENT

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,

It's so good to have you back even though it may only be in measured quantities.

I was having some withdrawal symptoms without any of your videos. Now I have my fix.

You sure have the dancing moves. eek Love your Berry-style guitar playing.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Stefan
Love the video. You did an amazing job getting all those titles into the very clever lyrics. Excellent vocal and the guitar work is brilliant.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hello Moto (that's what my smartphone says, whenever I re-start it...),

well, YOU made MY day - thanks a lot for your fantastic comment.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan,

A very clever write.
Great use of BIAB.
Nice guitar work.
Another AMAZING video.
Maha's mix is excellent.

Great entertainment.

fj

Hi Floyd,

thank you so much, Floyd, for your uplifting comment. I passed your compliment on the mix which really made her day.

Hope you're doing alright in the sunshine state (which is on our news far more often than our own states these days),

Stay well,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Stefan ...

Floyd beat me to the punch ... said pretty much what I was thinking. He just said it better than i would have.

You're not just a songer/songwriter.musician ... you're a world-class entertainer. You've never posted anything I didn't think was fabulous. And this one is so good!

Before I moved from St. Louis about 10 years ago, I lived across the highway from Chuck Berry ... about 4KM between us. (That's 2 1/2 miles). We actually lived in Wentzville, Missouri ... a western suburb of St. Louis. When I was still playing in a band, he dropped in and sat in with us 4 or 5 times over a period of about 3 years.

You perfectly captured the CB sound! That was an amazing video and fantastic song. Loved every second of it!

Also, it was so nice to see Maha well enough to participate. Di and I think of the two of you everyday. We send our best and most special wishes to her. You already know my thoughts about you're deteriorating eyesight.

Wishing everything good for both of you. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Hi Alan, if your intention was making me blush: success. You're far too kind, thank you so much for that heck of a comment. Maha and I are so glad that Di and you enjoy our stuff ...

Unbelievable: I know someone who played with Chuck Berry? Several times? I guess that must have been very exciting!

Please give Di a huge hug - all the best to you both.

Take good care of each other,

Stefan

PS: Have you yet moved into your new home?

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Stefan,

Well, that was a ton of fun! An awesome idea wonderfully executed in all respects . . . and I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this. It shows. Everything about it was top notch. Simply outstanding!

My best to you both!

Deej

Hi Deej,

thank you so much, Maha and I really appreciate your positive comment a lot and we're happy you enjoyed watching and listening.

All the best, stay healthy,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Stefan & Maha

Wow! The amount of love and labor put into this! Totally fun to listen and to watch. Packed to the top with creativity and humor. Damn, you solved one hell of a word puzzle smile
Excellent playing and production.., just cool stuff in a raw. I think CB would approve it! Thank you for sharing. Stay well and take good care of Maha.

Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Stefan

That was stunning. Brilliant video, clever concept and superbly produced.

The Chuck Berry guitar playing throughout was superb, inventive and right on the money.

Loved the lyric idea and execution.

Peter

Hi Peter,

glad to read that you enjoyed the thing - thanks a lot for your kind comment. I'm a bit proud that you liked the guitar parts.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Stefan,

I had the honour of watching this marvellous video and your song before, but this one is even better than that one.
You did a tremendous job! I know what time and effort it had cost Maha and you to get it all how you wanted it to be, but -WOW- what a good video you both made! All those funny things in it. You have to watch it severall times and still you have missed something.

When you placed your latest post I was afraid this video wouldn't come in the Forum, but luckily you have to say goodbye about a dozen times before you really do. And even then I'm not sure.

Give Maha my best wishes,
We'll talk again,
Hans

Hi Hans,

thanks a lot for those very kind words you found for the song / video.

Yes, due to Mahas illness I don't think there will be anything new in the near future. One video we started to work on already in 2019 is waiting for her to act in the missing scenes; the video recording of another one (starring the usual suspects) had been scheduled for February but that session had to be cancelled because of the first Corona wave and old farts like us didn't want to take any risk. And the respective song is also waiting for Maha to get back to the computer again, too.

Unlike you who seems to be coming up with a new great song every week, I feel pretty empty... But whenever I manage to assenble a new video you will be the first to have a look at it (which is not an honour as you wrote, but pretty normal,because we're friends.)

Take good care

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195