And therein lies one of the biggest challenges of all near real time communication. One does not have control over the network path. The path can and does change. The amount of traffic changes the latency among many other parameters. Latency will be different through a 4700 Cisco router than a Cisco switch for example. Some experiments have been done in England between remote users who are connected to what I assume is private university networks which address some of the control issues.

Nonetheless, multi platinum record producers here in the United States are using the current state of the art technology to remotely communicate and to mix and master and record.

I have not been there to see this for myself...yet.

Oh, and by the way Matt, It looks like Zoom is being used by something over 40,000 companies. I think they are third on the list of market share. So Bandlab using them perhaps is pretty common.

Also the network path from New York to Boston could be short enough not to cause much of an issue especially if used at times of minium network usage all other things being equal.

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 10/23/20 12:01 PM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo