Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
This is among some of the finest music ever presented on the forum Tom! What a great sound you've got here! Not one thing out of place to my ears! Great song! Thanks, T
Torrey, those are some extremely kind words. Thank you for your generous comments, Tom

Scott C #623323 11/15/20 03:39 PM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune Tom. Very cool lyric. Loved the rhythm to this tune. Drums were very cool. Awesome vocal. Well done
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune Tom. Very cool lyric. Loved the rhythm to this tune. Drums were very cool. Awesome vocal. Well done
Thanks Scott. I always appreciate your comments,Tom

tommyad #623326 11/15/20 04:10 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
A FANTASTIC Write!!! AND Just as good of a delivery!!! LOVE everything about it!! PERFECT!!! Take care. Greg

tommyad #623345 11/15/20 07:32 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wow, Tom. This is just so good in every way. Love it.
Regards,
Leon

tommyad #623380 11/16/20 07:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Let me simply say.... well done on a good song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A FANTASTIC Write!!! AND Just as good of a delivery!!! LOVE everything about it!! PERFECT!!! Take care. Greg

Ditto!

Tommy, you should sing more often as you have an excellent voice. Super lyrics also. I loved that snare!

This should be on the radio today!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Deej56 #623535 11/17/20 05:59 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Tommy,

Terrific write . . . “feeling just s empty as a pocket with a hole”—great line, and just one of many. It’s concise and right on point all the way through—tight story accentuated with a great melody, lyric and production. Well, well done!

My best to you,

Deej
Thank you Deej for taking the time to listen and leave such uplifting comments. I appreciate it, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Wow, I am impressed, I love country music, and this is a hit!! At first I was trying to get established with the beat, but when you got into the verse, it fell right in, Well done!!
Ronnie, thanks! I appreciate your kind comments,Tom

tommyad #623659 11/17/20 09:59 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Enjoyable listen!

Nothing new to add to what's already been written: Good backing tracks, engaging melody, interesting lyric with some evocative lines.

Good song. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

"feeling just as empty as a pocket with a hole"

Hooked, the both of us, by that second line - a great one of many.
You have a wonderful gift in the way you can write/sing song stories that seem, as Bill Monroe said, so "true life."

"grab a beer you won't believe the stories i can tell"

Well you may not be from the south bro' but we have had the pleasure of hearing many great ones from you!

Janice was singing harmony before the first chorus was over...it is immediately engaging.

As always your playing, the RT's and the loops make an absolutely seamless band sound -- like guys/gals that have played together for years.

The mix? You have always been one of the absolute best on this forum and this is no exception Pro studio stuff happening here.

Welcome back!

J&B

PS Yeah, we called our mamas all the time!

After having lived in both the North and the South, l have always found how different the cultures are to be an interesting subject. This story was based on a kid I went to high school with from Kentucky and how hard it was for him to assimilate to the Chicago boys who teased him unmercifully. Thanks for the really nice review, Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 11/19/20 02:07 AM.
tommyad #623789 11/18/20 05:00 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As an Australian it's hard to comprehend the cultural divide between the North n South in a balanced way as, in the 60s, our minds were filled with the pastiche romanticism of Gone With The Wind/Song of the South/Birth of a Nation & all those Shirley Temple flicks...heavy propaganda that predisposed Aussie's of a certain age.
This song shows a willingness of the protagonist to move north to a future that wasn't on offer at home.
Musically this is really tidy and very well sung.
I enjoyed it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
tommyad #623793 11/18/20 07:36 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Excellent song. Catchy tune with a good hook. Really liked the percussion. Great sound. Lovely vocals.

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Greg. I always look forward to what you have to say, Tom

tommyad #623851 11/19/20 04:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good to see you back with a new song, Tom!

Top notch as per usual, very much enjoyed.

Leon1 #623938 11/19/20 11:56 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Wow, Tom. This is just so good in every way. Love it.
Regards,
Leon
Thank you Leon. I’m glad you liked it, Tom

tommyad #623995 11/19/20 05:34 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Excellent tune. Great recording. A well crafted song. Great playing (you and your band). Bravo!

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
MarioD #624084 11/20/20 08:36 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Let me simply say.... well done on a good song.
Thanks a lot Herb. I appreciate it,Tom
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Ditto!

Tommy, you should sing more often as you have an excellent voice. Super lyrics also. I loved that snare!

This should be on the radio today!
Thanks Mario. I was hoping you would like it,Tom

dcuny #624196 11/21/20 02:51 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Enjoyable listen!

Nothing new to add to what's already been written: Good backing tracks, engaging melody, interesting lyric with some evocative lines.

Good song. smile
David, thanks for taking time out of your day to listen and comment. Glad to hear from you,Tom

tommyad #624213 11/21/20 05:07 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Tommyad,

Lyrics well written on a beautiful melody, with a voice emphasizing the important words. All the ingredients of a good composition. I appreciated. Well done.

Kindly regard
Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
As an Australian it's hard to comprehend the cultural divide between the North n South in a balanced way as, in the 60s, our minds were filled with the pastiche romanticism of Gone With The Wind/Song of the South/Birth of a Nation & all those Shirley Temple flicks...heavy propaganda that predisposed Aussie's of a certain age.
This song shows a willingness of the protagonist to move north to a future that wasn't on offer at home.
Musically this is really tidy and very well sung.
I enjoyed it.
Ray, I always enjoy reading your comments as you seem to be able to share some keen observations. Thanks for the nice words,Tom
Originally Posted By: TexasFrets
Excellent song. Catchy tune with a good hook. Really liked the percussion. Great sound. Lovely vocals.
Thanks for the fine review,Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,513
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195