Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#621441 - 11/01/20 11:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Vincente]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Vincente
PG music should create a storage on Cloud server contents all styles, real tracks. Users who paid monthly can access these resources

My one cent suggestion.

Perhaps you might consider putting this in the Wishlist section.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#621454 - 11/01/20 12:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Vincente]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Vincente
PG music should create a storage on Cloud server contents all styles, real tracks. Users who paid monthly can access these resources

My one cent suggestion.

Something similar was suggested also:
Biab Online Tracks Download

#621486 - 11/01/20 03:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Offline
Expert

Loc: Derry,Ireland
I did put in a wishlist item for something similar, but its seems not a lot of users would be interested in it.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=562588&Searchpage=1&Main=79501&Words=musiclover&Search=true#Post562588

Edited by musiclover (11/01/20 03:06 PM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2020, and Cubase elements 10

#622690 - 11/11/20 07:12 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
Loc: Spain
mal Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Spain
More acoustic fingerpicking please.

#622754 - 11/11/20 04:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
Loc: Sunny Florida :)
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sunny Florida :)
My modest thoughts after 1 year of use :

- more choice of drums variations. Right now you have a) and b) (in blue or green) and within them you have a few choice of drum variations but firstly not all styles have a a) and b) with different drums variations so it would be nice to implements variations in all RT styles ; and secondly it would be nice to have more possibilities so that we can really have more flexibility in terms of drum patterns during a whole song. It will make the song sound more real

- expand the numbers of tracks within the mixer to 12 or 16 so that we don't have to use Realband (which btw is clunky on my pc and doesn't work that well).

- add more solos for sax, trumpets, pianos etc so that you have more choice when you want to add a soloist playing in your tune.

- more Hip hop grooves. There are only a few and not all are great, which makes the choice limited. I don't think adding more country/americana or pop styles is important since the offer is already HUGE. So focusing more on others styles like hip hop would be neat.

- have a REAL 6/8 time signature !!!!!

- more 3/4 time signatures

- review the chords accepted AND correctly played by BIAB like minMaj7, minMaj9 etc.

- rework on the vocals (ahh ohhh) : sorry to say but they sound great when you audition them but once you add them to your song they are BAD!

Edited by Angelomusic (11/11/20 04:56 PM)

#622758 - 11/11/20 05:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Angelomusic]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Angelomusic
My modest thoughts after 1 year of use :

- more choice of drums variations. Right now you have a) and b) (in blue or green) and within them you have a few choice of drum variations but firstly not all styles have a a) and b) with different drums variations so it would be nice to implements variations in all RT styles ; and secondly it would be nice to have more possibilities so that we can really have more flexibility in terms of drum patterns during a whole song. It will make the song sound more real
More Real Yes(you can change RD's at any bar with F5), That has been suggested way back in 1954, there are even ways of doing it RealDrums Intros, Solos & 4 Bar Endings Tutorial

- expand the numbers of tracks within the mixer to 12 or 16 so that we don't have to use Realband (which btw is clunky on my pc and doesn't work that well). Hopefully this December !
- have a REAL 6/8 time signature !!!!! RealTimeSignatures YES, though maybe easier to implement in the Plugin version because of Biab limitations:
Notes: For TimeSigs higher than
4/4, each bar will be spread out
over 2 or more bars (eg. 5/4 will be
written as 3/4+2/4).

#623527 - 11/17/20 07:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
Blues1952 Offline
Enthusiast

I will probably be ok with whatever I get this year. But some day (year) we will get greatly improved control over drums. Then I’ll be complete.

#623926 - 11/19/20 01:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
Loc: Basingstoke, England
Graham Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Basingstoke, England
I'd love to see an Everything MIDI Upgrade Package - with all of the available Styles, Solists, Super Tracks, etc.

#623967 - 11/19/20 04:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Graham]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Graham
I'd love to see an Everything MIDI Upgrade Package - with all of the available Styles, Solists, Super Tracks, etc.

A SUPER BIG +1

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#624092 - 11/20/20 11:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Minnesota
MovingAir Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Minnesota
more choice of drums variations. Right now you have a) and b) (in blue or green) and within them you have a few choice of drum variations but firstly not all styles have a a) and b) with different drums variations so it would be nice to implements variations in all RT styles ; and secondly it would be nice to have more possibilities so that we can really have more flexibility in terms of drum patterns during a whole song. It will make the song sound more real

I would agree with this. Also, make it easier to create hybrid drum patterns. For example, I was looking for a kit that would give me snare on 3 in the verse and 2 & 4 in the chorus. After a half hour, you get tired of clicking on everything to see what it does trying to find something.

Plus the way it can double up on 1, hit random things on shots, or play through holds. Honestly, I would like the ability to take the parts that have been played, convert them to GOOD MIDI, and map it in BIAB to match EZDrummer or whatever drum sample software you have, and do a good MIDI export. 90% of the time, I'm good with what BIAB offers right out of the gate, but the option to use BIAB as source for other software when you can't find exactly what you need would be a nice alternative.

#624236 - 11/21/20 09:30 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: mal]
Loc: Illinois, USA
Del3535 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Illinois, USA
+1

#624342 - 11/22/20 02:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: MovingAir]
localhero Offline
Enthusiast

Some Great ideas here.Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas.

Not Long to Wait now (I hope)!!

#624739 - 11/24/20 12:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Akron, Oh
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Maybe re-generate selected bars only.

Huh? I do that all the time. I regenerate selected bars on almost every song I do.

Quote:
Maybe more tracks.

More than 48? Move your tracks to Pro Tools and you have what, 256?

What am I missing here? It seems like the major items on that list are already there.

MY wish list includes STOP CRASHING for no apparent reason. And instead of blindly defending the product, fix the problems. If it is only one person has the problem, it deserves attention. I can't tell you the number of times I have sent logs, screen shots, etc... only to be told "We can't recreate the issue." So despite my paying the same amount of money as people who don't have a problem, I just have to live with memory addressing errors and not be able to finish songs? I can't justify spending money on this stuff when every session is met by crash after crash, then blaming it on my computer. Also making the virtual instruments play as loud as the audio tracks. Whenever I use virtual instruments I have to turn down the audio tracks to almost completely inaudible levels to hear the MIDI tracks to play them in. Why should that be? I did it this morning when I was doing some horn parts. Couldn't hear them at all. I finally switched to analog and played them in on a sampler rather than having to alter 9 other tracks to hear 1.

Not holding my breath.

I suppose I shouldn't have even made this post because I use Real Band exclusively, but bugs are bugs and need to be fixed.

Edited by eddie1261 (11/24/20 12:22 PM)

#624956 - Yesterday at 05:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK
when i need to balance mid tracks and audio tracks i render the midi to audio then normalize

clunky but effective and it helps when midi tracks are not loud enough which i've experienced like eddie

#625011 - Yesterday at 07:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: localhero]
candreva Offline
Enthusiast

I would like the possibility to create video usertracks, not only audio but also videos of musician friends who create video styles and that I can use for my songs with their physical presence in video.

#625352 - Today at 11:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB 2021? [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY

- review the chords accepted AND correctly played by BIAB like minMaj7, minMaj9 etc.

Could you start a new thread and elaborate on this, please? I have no trouble with mMaj7 chords. There are a few things to consider.

mMaj9 chords are not supported in BIAB, so I'm not sure what to say.
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

PG Music News
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today our friends in the USA are celebrating Thanksgiving!

Our hours are not affected - we are here until 6pm PST!

We hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Forum Stats
33225 Members
67 Forums
66146 Topics
567300 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Douglas Crane, tntxcarl, Jartsu, mpt, scostudio

33224 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 196