You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#624522 - 11/23/20 04:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Sync Problem
Loc: West Virginia
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hi guys, Hope everyone is staying well. On the last 2 tunes, I've had a sync problem between BIAB and RealBand. I can't recall having run into it before. I'll try to explain as best as I can. In BIAB, I have an even16 4/4 tune arrangement, which has autogenerated MIDI bass, piano, guitar and synvoice tracks, along with a RealDrums part based on the style. Everything jibes and sounds great. Whether I open that SGU file in RealBand, or save it as MIDI before opening, the RealDrums track is out of sync with the MIDI tracks. It's missing its 4-count, and I'm having a hard time syncing it with the MIDI tracks, which do start on the correct beat. When I try regenerating the RealDrums in RealBand, it comes back in the same shape: no 4-count, and some additional beats missing. When I try to cut/paste the drums with 'Snap to the Beat' engaged at measure 3a, the part does not start there, nor at the previous or next beat, but rather you must disable 'Snap' and place the cursor in the middle of 3a and the next beat, to sync it, but again, missing the 4-count and some additional parts. I've just realized that the first chord in the chart in RealBand starts on measure 3, rather than 1a as it should. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Warren Keller (11/23/20 04:40 PM)

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist, Writer, Singer

"I have my ship and all her flags are a-flyin'
She is all that I have left and music is her name"

#624536 - 11/23/20 05:42 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Sync Problem [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Warren,

It reads like you're exporting the tracks as audio from Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) and then importing the audio tracks into RealBand. What happens if instead you take the SGU file and open it in RealBand? Do the tracks line up then?

I think part of the issue might be that many RealDrums have an audio count-in but the one you're using does not. While BiaB compensates by using a midi count-in when a RealDrum doesn't have an audio count-in the midi count-in doesn't transfer. Band-in-a-Box places two bars of empty audio in front of an exported audio track.

By default RealBand starts at bar 3 because the first two bars are reserved for the count-in.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#624555 - 11/23/20 07:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Sync Problem [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Warren,

This is a bit of a longshot but it's where I'd start...

Check your audio settings. If they are set to 48kHz (48,000 Hz) this might show up as this kind of problem. Try setting them to 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).

Regards,
Noel

#624557 - 11/23/20 08:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Sync Problem [Re: Jim Fogle]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hi guys! Noel, I’m 44.1 all-round. Thanks. Jim, actually no, “Whether I open that SGU file in RealBand, or save it as MIDI before opening, the RealDrums track is out of sync with the MIDI tracks.” And that drum track does have a count off. Both BIAB and RB are now using ASIO and it’s better (I realized I’d been working with MME in BIAB to avoid using the headphones in my set up) so it’s better now, with a full drum track, but the drums still have to be moved over two clicks of the cursor (without ‘snap to beat’) to sync, but once synced, it’s right on, so when I get into my real DAW I can handle the situation. Still a bit of a mystery however.

Edited by Warren Keller (11/23/20 08:13 PM)

#624559 - 11/23/20 08:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Sync Problem [Re: Warren Keller]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I loaded a Ev16 midi sty demo, set it to RealDrums,
saved the MGU and opened it in RealBand (in Prefs > Song Generation was not enabled),
set it to -2 bar offset,
dragged the tracks from BB.

Have you got count-in bars enabled for render and in prefs > count-in/metronome ?
If you can post a pic it would help.

Full Screen

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#624605 - 11/24/20 06:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Sync Problem [Re: Warren Keller]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Pipeline, thanks much.
"in Prefs > Song Generation was not enabled" I did disable this per your post. Sounds like it may apply to MGU, not SGU, but I tried it none the less.

"set it to -2 bar offset" That's what it reads by default.

"dragged the tracks from BB" I tired dragging per your suggestion, rather than opening the SGU or MIDI 1 file. The issue doesn't resolve.

"Have you got count-in bars enabled for render and in prefs > count-in/metronome?" Not clear here. 'Count in' is set to 1 in Metronome- is there more? Where is the 'count-in bars' in Render, are we talking RealBand- I don't see it?

Screen shot attached. I should add that any RealTracks subsequently added to the SEQ are in sync but are out of sync with MIDI tracks from BIAB's SGU, or those regenerated within RealBand. Also very significant- when the tracks are brought into my 'real' DAW (Mixcraft Pro Studio), the MIDI tracks and audio RealTracks are perfectly in sync. So, my conclusion for now, is that RB is misreading the information from BIAB, which MixCraft reads fine. Thanks guys.

Attachments

Edited by Warren Keller (11/24/20 12:28 PM)

#624926 - 11/25/20 02:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Sync Problem [Re: Warren Keller]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Try it this way: drag and drop the track onto the track name.
If you need to move it ctrl+ click it to select then
ctrl+ drag to move.

Attachments

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Big Sur & M1 Compatibility Added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac today!

Here at PG Music, development never stops! If you're using the 2020 version of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with your Big Sur or a Mac M1 computer, download the latest update which adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs!

This update will also resolve any color display issues within the program, resize the windows without unexpectedly closing the program, add notation enhancements, and resolve a few other user-reported issues!

Download & learn more about the updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for Free!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows? Download the latest free update today!

With this latest update, notation display in Japanese has been enhanced, improvements have been applied to Bar and Song Settings, the MIDI volume change events will now be included in exported MIDI files, you can now import the lyrics with your MIDI files, export Utility Tracks notation as video, and we've resolved additional user-reported issues.

Make sure you download your latest Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows update today!

Tip: Head to Help | Check for Update... to put a checkmark beside "Automatically check for updates every..." and choose your day count to always stay up-to-date with your installation of Band-in-a-Box®!

Did You Win a Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK?

It's that time again - we've announced our 2020 User Showcase Awards!

In 2020 there were 1,310 new & original compositions shared by 197 different artists to our User Showcase Forum! If you contributed, make sure you read the announcement to see if you're on the winners list!

Forum Stats
33943 Members
67 Forums
68298 Topics
585345 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Leonid, jborichewski, Gracekb, tdchapoy2, Laurence Gilbert

33942 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 220
dcuny 184