You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#627267 - 12/03/20 08:56 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit
Loc: Fareham, England
Peter J Offline
Enthusiast

Hi All,
Since,in the latest [2021] version of Biab and RealBand, both are now 64Bit,I wonder if PowerTracks will be similarly upgraded. Does anyone know when the 2021 version of PowerTracks may be expected and if it is likely to be 64 Bit also?
Thank you.

#627348 - 12/03/20 03:18 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: Peter J]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mi., USA
None of us users can say for sure, but I'd suspect PT will follow RB

As far as when, that's up to PGMusic, but it usually lags some months behind BB/RB.

#627498 - 12/04/20 05:48 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: Peter J]
Loc: Pawling New York
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pawling New York
Since PTPA is one of the base codes for RB I imagine that’s already in the works. As Bob said we will know for sure mid year if all things stay in step.

Edited by Rob Helms (12/04/20 05:48 AM)
Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Studio one Pro latest version, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.

#628157 - 12/06/20 09:14 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: Rob Helms]
Peter J Offline
Enthusiast

Hi rharv and Rob,
Thank you for your useful input which confirms my own expectations. Incorporation of 64 Bit would be a worthwhile improvement.

#637687 - 01/21/21 03:32 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: Peter J]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

As you may have suspected, we are working on a 64-bit version of PowerTracks, although I don't personally have access to it yet. On average the Powertracks release is 2-4 months after Band-in-a-Box and RealBand, but of course that's not a guarantee of any sort.

I personally am looking forward to using it in 64-bit mode, as some of the audio interfaces I use have issues with 32-bit drivers.

#638183 - 01/24/21 10:28 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
As you may have suspected, we are working on a 64-bit version of PowerTracks, although I don't personally have access to it yet. On average the Powertracks release is 2-4 months after Band-in-a-Box and RealBand, but of course that's not a guarantee of any sort.

I personally am looking forward to using it in 64-bit mode, as some of the audio interfaces I use have issues with 32-bit drivers.

thanks Simon!
I bit the bullet and installed the whole shebang on my performance machine... but when PT comes out in 64 bit I'll probably buy it and go back to using it. I don't know if its my asio driver or what, but in just about every practice session, at some point RB just closes itself. No error message or anything.

side note: you should include a special cursor so that when RB crashes the pointer changes from forefinger to middle finger.

#638198 - 01/24/21 11:40 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: Pat Marr]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

Pat Marr
if powertraks works for you.
so should RB.
please post BIG PICS (cos i'm vision impaired) of your audio driver preferences in realband and powertraks so other
users can help you.
if were me i would use same sampling rate/bit depth and in/out drivers in both rb and powertraks.
youve got some beefy rig//interfaces there so should work.
i suspect its just a simple setting.
plz be patient tho. i'm happy to help if others are patient.
best
muso.
ps in the pg wishlist please support my suggestion for
a "gracefull system degradation" wish/warnings.
a la computerised industrial systems.
thus no "fingers" lol.

Edited by justanoldmuso (01/24/21 11:46 AM)

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/tracks

#638468 - 01/26/21 12:24 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit [Re: justanoldmuso]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I bit the bullet and installed the whole shebang on my performance machine... but when PT comes out in 64 bit I'll probably buy it and go back to using it. I don't know if its my asio driver or what, but in just about every practice session, at some point RB just closes itself. No error message or anything.

Strange. Drivers are up to date I assume? And Windows itself? I've heard a report from at least one user that the built-in driver update wizard for their audio interface grabbed an older version than what was on the manufacturers website, so it could be good to check manually.

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
side note: you should include a special cursor so that when RB crashes the pointer changes from forefinger to middle finger.

They rejected that idea in the last meeting, sorry.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Pat Marr
if powertraks works for you.
so should RB.

Normally I'd agree, but now that RB is 64-bit and PT isn't yet that changes things. Some audio drivers just don't work well in 32-bit apps, or work great in 32-bit but not 64-bit.

PG Music News
Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

Don't wait - Update Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® update allows you to easily see the RealDrums with Stems in the update RealDrums picker, provides an abundance of accessibility enhancements, updates a variety of existing RealTracks, and more! It also includes the latest 2022 DAW Plugin updates!

Don't wait - install it today!

It's Time To Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows? Pop over to our support page and download your free update today! We've added new and improved RealTracks content (for your existing RealTracks) and many other enhancements requested by program users, and included the latest DAW Plugin with updated render settings, the ability to exclude tracks from MCC, and more! While you're there, don't forget to update your RealBand 2022!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac users will want to download their update too! It includes additional support for audio interfaces for recording audio, a filter for the RealDrums picker for showing RealDrums with Drum stems, adds the newest DAW Plugin, and addresses many user suggestions.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Build 926.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Build 609.

Update Your RealBand 2022 Today!

With RealBand 2022 Build 5, dragging a section of audio now updates the From/Thru display, keyboard shortcuts have been added to the Tracks & Audio Edit Windows, you can save MIDI tracks to a Utility Track with an MGU or SGU file, and more!

Read the full list of RealBand 2022 updates and download now.

The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Forum Stats
36746 Members
64 Forums
76029 Topics
672616 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Gignewbie73, Alyse AK, Kiwi Filz, lwgiordano, Paul Stan

36745 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 184