Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Beginners Forum
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
can we create our own multi styles and if so where do I find instructions on how to do it?

Dell 610 dual Monitor, win 7-10, Sonar Plat, ProTools 10 & 11, Reaper 4, BIAB/real Band 2022, Easy Drummer, Superior Drummer, Kontact Essentials, Personnel Orchestra, Korg Legacy Analog & Digital
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Earl,

Have you had a read through the below help topic?

That might give you the information you need.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
multistyles 2021.JPG (87.28 KB, 102 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Also, in case you haven't seen this new video on Multistyles included with BIAB 2021...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=629017&page=1

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
TY, I have read the help file. Now the problem is once i click on the stylemaker I can't find misc button/.

Dell 610 dual Monitor, win 7-10, Sonar Plat, ProTools 10 & 11, Reaper 4, BIAB/real Band 2022, Easy Drummer, Superior Drummer, Kontact Essentials, Personnel Orchestra, Korg Legacy Analog & Digital
Beginners Forum
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
TY again Noel, but I don't want to buy them. I want to create them.

Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Hey Mr. Earl, are you trying to make Multi Styles from scratch or modify existing styles?

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Charlie, Both. Trying to learn as much as possible about everything in BIAB.

Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Multi Styles are very powerful and very versatile. There are a lot of Multi Styles that have been made by PG staff and that's the best place to start. You will learn they are quite easy to make and use and the only limitation you'll run into will be your own imagination...

PG staff modify existing styles to change out soloists and melodists and control them using Part Markers. Any song can have up to 24 Part Marker combinations and each Part Marker will have an A and B section. Plus adding these Part Markers can also increase the total of different drum variations. Part Markers can be placed on any bar in a song so a user can structure a very complex and versatile arrangement with many different instruments, genres, styles, combining even feel with swing feel, 8th and 16ths performances of the same artist and instrument.

Multi Styles can be midi or RealTracks or both -- My version of BIAB has more than 900 PG created Multi Styles. The majority are midi but that may be due to Multi Styles have been included in BIAB for many years.

Any style can be modified into a Multi Style and it's quite easy to do. You can also design a style from scratch and then modify it into a Multi Style. The easiest way is to select an existing Multi Style from the Style Picker and change some of the instruments into different instruments you prefer.

I've attached a screen shot of a PG staff created Multi Style made from a modified existing Style. As you can see, PG staff created 4 additional styles each slightly different from the other and will mix/match these styles interchanging them with Part Markers placed on the bar they want an instrument to change out with another.
PG identifies a Multi Style with the + mark at the end of the style. In the screen shot, the PG Multi Style will use the 4 similar styles they modified controlled in the demo by where they create and assign a new Part Marker C/D, E/F, and so on. As I stated earlier, there are 24 additional Part Markers, each with an A and B section a user can apply to a song.

You don't have to 'create or modify' a style to initiate a Part Marker change of a style or sub-style. A user can select any existing style from the StylePicker and the style can be very similar or can be extremely different. The StylePicker has a search filter to search and populate a list of similar styles and is a quick and easy way to make as many Multi Style combinations as desired for your song.

I've also attached a link to a PG Music Tutorial video about using Part Markers to control Multi Styles and more.

BIAB for Windows: Part Markers Overview

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Multi Style.JPG (81.08 KB, 35 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/21/20 03:42 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
The steps to create the new modified style to use in your own custom Multi Style isn't difficult.

. Choose a style and change, add or subtract instruments for your choice of initial instruments.
. Open File| StyleMaker|Save Current Song (except for muted instruments)
. Follow the prompts to save and name the new style.
. Repeat to create as many sub-styles as you want.

Note the new style has be be saved in the default Styles Folder.

.Rebuild the StylePicker so it will display the new styles.

That's it.

I recommend using the similar name saving configuration as PG staff does for ease of finding your styles and grouping them. The styles can be used individually or grouped within a Multi Style.

Using the similar naming convention also makes to find and erase the custom styles if you want. The custom styles can be used the same as any other style.

Give it a try and come here to the forum and ask any questions you may have.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,634
Posts735,267
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181