Go To
#635254 01/08/21 10:20 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
Hi, just getting into '21 after my last Audiophile edition was '14. I even found a nice easy fusion keys RT that fit with what I was doing in Cubase. Cool. So tonight just playing around with BIAB and seeing what it can give me MIDI wise and I tried loading up a MIDI only style so I can try some of my VSTs, just to see what the possibilities are. So the first was for bass, and I tried loading up EZ Bass by Toontrack, heavy crash, wouldn't even load while it was attempting to, so I had to force a shutdown with Task Manager because BIAB froze also. So on the next attempt I tried EZ Keys, that was even worse, plug crashed, BIAB crashed and I couldn't even close with Task Manager. I had to restart my computer. So there was no way I was going to try Superior Drummer. lol. All is not lost though. Melda MSoundfactory loaded up for bass, keys and anything else I wanted. NI Battery also loaded fine although the MIDI mapping was a bit off. I couldn't get any sound out of the HI Q plugin though, the Sforzando. Maybe I did something wrong. I probably won't use MIDI much but I want to explore the Supertracks so I'll keep at it.

Fivehands
Veteran
Veteran
BiaB 2021. OK.

What Build Number? (there have been several since its first release)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
I have 813 build.

Fivehands
Veteran
Veteran
BIAB Build 814 is available.

I am a big TT fan and have used all of their products along with BIAB for years. A great combination. Having said that, I would never have tried to load a TT VST into BIAB. Despite all claims of advancements in BIAB VST hosting I still don't believe it would work. Someone may come along who could make it work? However, I am betting after they make it work, they will never use it that way.

Just hoping to provide some perspective, your mileage may vary. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
You mentioned your prior version of Band-in-a-Box was 2014. That version was exclusively a 32 bit program while the 2021 program is available as both 32 and 64 bit. Is it possible that you're trying to use 32 bit plugins in the 64 bit program?

If you use Microsoft Explorer to navigate to the Band-in-a-Box directory folder you'll find two Band-in-a-Box programs. The 32 bit program is BBW.exe while the 64 bit program is BBW64.exe. You can create desktop shortcut icons for the program you're not using by hovering your mouse over a file, right click to open the right click menu and selecting "Send to Desktop - create a shortcut".

You may find the plugins work in the program you're not using.

Please give us an update with your findings.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Expert
Expert
For Info I use EZKeys, EZbass, EZDrum, and also the Superior Drummer, in BIAB 21 and I must admit that it has never worked so well. Almost instantaneous and no crashes, even during backup. PG has made great progress on Plugins, that's a fact.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Marco76
For Info I use EZKeys, EZbass, EZDrum, and also the Superior Drummer, in BIAB 21 and I must admit that it has never worked so well. Almost instantaneous and no crashes, even during backup. PG has made great progress on Plugins, that's a fact.

Well that is good to hear.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
Thanks, but no, I know what I'm doing, all my plugs are 64 bit. Toontrack just won't go with opening. I don't think I have 32 bit versions of the Toontrack plugs. And I am aware there is a 32 bit BIAB also. I'll keep messing with it. It's not a deal breaker if they don't work, I am glad that the Melda plug works, just wanted something to sound out the MIDI tracks better. Ideally I'd just bring the MIDI tracks over to Cubase and use the Toontrack plugs there. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by Fivehands; 01/09/21 01:11 PM.

Fivehands
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You can just drag and drop the Toontrack plugin into KV Element in Biab
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=581640#Post581640
you can save it as a group then just load group when you need them.

Full Screen

R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
With all due respect to Pipeline, I cannot fathom out why we continually need to acquire free and paid add-ons to make BiaB & RB work with many of the VST's and VSTi's? This has been ongoing for the past 15-20 years and PG still cannot get it right? In 2021 I still have to download Cakewalk/Bandlab and install an app that I do not use to be able to access the TTS-1 midi synth (or pay $40 for a stone age Forte Dxi).

"Upgrading" annually has now become a serious consideration for me and at the high price point when fundamental aspects that could be improved receive no attention.
Rgds, Roy

Pipeline #635468 01/10/21 12:56 AM
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
Thanks, I may try that. But for now I just wanted a nice electric piano sound just to audition MIDI tracks, and actually the Melda one was nicer than the electrics in EZ Keys. I have the full RC too, so I'll look into getting Elements for that.

Fivehands
royj #635469 01/10/21 01:01 AM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
As someone mentioned it's sounds like a group
BB and The Workarounds
I have done my best for over 10 years to get them out of the past.
Some users don't like change so if new users come with improvement suggestions they have not been too welcomed and were usually jumped on, then you don't hear from the new users again.
So you don't get that drive to make things better and keep up with the modern world.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Here is a user saying it works.
“ For Info I use EZKeys, EZbass, EZDrum, and also the Superior Drummer, in BIAB 21 and I must admit that it has never worked so well. Almost instantaneous and no crashes, even during backup. PG has made great progress on Plugins, that's a fact.”

If he gets it to work then maybe we should get Marco to detail how he uses it for the benefit of all, rather than continuing to say it doesn’t.

He is another suggestion for five hands. If your ultimately working in Cubase maybe exploring the use of the plugin where you route the tracks out of the plugin using the multioutput feature to individual tracks in Cubase and load the TT plugins in those tracks. Also once you have a nice midi track bed in BiaB save and open in the plugin and do the routing or drag the tracks into cubase and continue.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
He is another suggestion for five hands. If your ultimately working in Cubase maybe exploring the use of the plugin where you route the tracks out of the plugin using the multioutput feature to individual tracks in Cubase and load the TT plugins in those tracks. Also once you have a nice midi track bed in BiaB save and open in the plugin and do the routing or drag the tracks into cubase and continue.

That is exactly my workflow. Because of the archaic structure of BiaB I do as little as possible in it and do virtually all of my work in my DAW, Studio One Pro 5. Note that virtually all of my songs start in BiaB but are quickly moved to my DAW.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #635544 01/10/21 07:58 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

That is exactly my workflow. Because of the archaic structure of BiaB I do as little as possible in it and do virtually all of my work in my DAW, Studio One Pro 5. Note that virtually all of my songs start in BiaB but are quickly moved to my DAW.

And the VST3 BiaB plugin is making that even easier in SO5 Pro!

Note: FWIW, the Studio One 5 Artist version ($100) now supports third-party VSTs, formerly a $100 add-on.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
Yes, definitely there are ways to get it done. All I did was try to open the TT stuff just to audition MIDI tracks and it crashed the entire BIAB program. But I have other VST instruments that I was able to open and work with. I haven't even delved into the plug in VST for BIAB. Since EZ keys is a generative MIDI plug the best way to actually use it for me is in Cubase anyway.

Fivehands
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,634
Posts735,250
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181