Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#635707 - 01/11/21 06:41 AM [RealBand] POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB.
justanoldmuso Offline
Journeyman

all.
ive noticed over the years on pg some people seem to have sound devices that work fine with rb. others sometimes have issues.
various daw and other recording sites keep lists of sound devices that work well with different daws // music software.
thus i was thinking it might help if rb users posted "their"
asio sound interfaces/devices that work well with rb.
as i havent seen such a thread here.
please contribute, as it might help new users.

#635713 - 01/11/21 07:01 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Uncle Paul Offline
Enthusiast

I have a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 that comes with its own ASIO and works fine with everything I have trown at it so far.

Among those Band in a Box, Real Band, Reason, Audacity, MuseScore3, Cakewalk, midig, various Media and Videoplayers and stand alone Versions of VST Hosts (Spitfire, UVIWorkstation, Sine Player,Kontakt Player, Guitar Rig 5 and Plogue Sforzando.

With Komplete Audi0 6 there are often bundled some VST Instruments from the Komplete Suite along with Stand alone Players to run them.
Notation: MuseScore 3
Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
Mic: RØde NT1-A
Controller: Panorama/KAWAI VPC1

#635714 - 01/11/21 07:04 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

My Motu M2 works great with Realband.

https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/m2/

#635717 - 01/11/21 07:11 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I use the Roland Octa-Capture with both BiaB and RB.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#635748 - 01/11/21 09:20 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi

I use an Akai EIE PRO usb Audio interface and its own dedicated ASIO drivers. Version 2964
This works fine for BIAB, RB and Cakewalk.

By the way Audacity does not support ASIO unless you can get hold of a recompiled copy on the net.
Mike

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Edited by Mike Head (01/11/21 09:30 AM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#635756 - 01/11/21 10:09 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Florida
etcjoe Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Florida
TASCAM US 20x20. Has plenty of inputs and outputs and works great with all my software, RB and BIAB included.

#635759 - 01/11/21 10:34 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK

my Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD USB Audio Interface works perfectly with RB - I never record in BIAB - ad there is a dedicated ASIO driver

#635779 - 01/11/21 12:06 PM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Focusrite scarlett here, various models on different machines

#635792 - 01/11/21 12:54 PM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Behringer Uphoria UMC404HD. It has its own ASIO drivers.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Laptop-HP Omen I7-10750H Win10Pro 32GB 2x1TB SSD/2TB SATA
Desktop-ASUS-I7-3770 Win10Pro 32GB 2x2TB SATA

BB2021/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#635813 - 01/11/21 02:33 PM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
I run a MOTU 828Mk3 with a dedicated MOTU ASIO driver. By the way, the MOTU ASIO is multi-client...can run multiple applications at the same time i.e. BIAB and RB / Cakewalk.

I have another ASIO driver direct from Steinberg that I just updated to their September 2020 release...definitely not multi-client.

Jeff
Win10, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2021, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.14

#635814 - 01/11/21 02:43 PM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mi., USA
Focusrite 18i20 (2)
Focusrite 2i2 (1)

Coincidence, the number in parenthesis is both the quantity and the version/build smile

Both work fine in RB/PT here so far.

#636805 - 01/17/21 04:14 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: rharv]
justanoldmuso Offline
Journeyman

this is good info for new users.
perhaps people could also report their latency figures as reported in their daw software. eg in reaper top right hand side. and rtl (round trip) if you have it available.
i'm still testing it, but i'm getting 4/5ms reported for new audient evo. could get less.
loved that akai pic.

#636811 - 01/17/21 04:50 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Pawling New York
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

I use a Presonus Audiobox 18/18 I have had it for several years now. It uses it own native ASIO driver. I have used it on both a PC and Mac. One huge advantage it has that I like comes with a simple version of studio one. Which Presonus makes. One thing I love about studio one is that it is cross platform and you don’t have to buy the Mac version if you have the PC version. They are available on your product page, and they are identical on both platforms.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2021, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus Faderport 8, Komplete 49 key controller.

#637157 - 01/19/21 01:01 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

All RME stuff i have and had worked flawlessly ..

#637790 - 01/22/21 07:32 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: fiddler2007]
justanoldmuso Offline
Journeyman

fiddler/all.
wish i could afford rme. great rep//drivers.
no esi users here either. apparently very good interfaces
ive heard.
THIS INTERFACE FROM BLACK LION LOOKS VERY INTERESTING.
https://www.blacklionaudio.com/store/interfaces/revolution2x2/

i dont see many interfaces with multi client drivers ?

does anyone have any experiences with usb mixers ?
eg soundcraft notepad 12 fx (good rep/preamps i understand.),
yamaha mg series ? (with dpres.) , presonus ?
other brands ?

Edited by justanoldmuso (01/22/21 07:32 AM)

#637806 - 01/22/21 08:11 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: Rob Helms]
Loc: Flagstaff, AZ
TheMaartian Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Flagstaff, AZ
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
I use a Presonus Audiobox 18/18 I have had it for several years now. It uses it own native ASIO driver. I have used it on both a PC and Mac. One huge advantage it has that I like comes with a simple version of studio one. Which Presonus makes. One thing I love about studio one is that it is cross platform and you don’t have to buy the Mac version if you have the PC version. They are available on your product page, and they are identical on both platforms.

I had been successfully using a PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL with all of my audio software for years. This week, I replaced it with a PreSonus Studio 1810c. Love it so far. I upgraded for several reasons, but I'll point out the two independent headphone amps with separate volume controls and separate mixes. They're going to get heavy use by my niece and I making our YT channel video voice-overs. EDIT: I'll also add that the Line Outs are DC coupled, so you can use them to send control voltages to external devices.

Edited by TheMaartian (01/22/21 08:13 AM)

#637942 - 01/23/21 04:56 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

@ TheMaartian I am also interested in upgrading soon to a newer Presonus. I also have a Presonus faderport 8, and I love how it works with all my software. Both on PC and Mac. Both with studio one and Logic X. It is so simple to switch between those two software protocols. Literally 5 seconds. I’m sold on Presonus products especially since they have so much to offer from interfaces, control surfaces, consoles, and very rich software.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2021, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus Faderport 8, Komplete 49 key controller.

#638464 - 01/26/21 11:53 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I second the suggestions for MOTU and RME - I have a Fireface 800, MOTU Traveler, and MOTU 828MK3 that all work very well. Drivers for all of them are very stable.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
does anyone have any experiences with usb mixers ?
eg soundcraft notepad 12 fx (good rep/preamps i understand.),
yamaha mg series ? (with dpres.) , presonus ?
other brands ?

I've used a bunch. Most of the time the drivers are terrible or are generic - the Behringer mixers ship with ASIO4All as their "official" driver! Mackie and Yamaha were a bit better. I've got a Mackie Onyx 1640 with the Firewire interface that I'm rebuilding the power supply on, but iirc the drivers for that were much better.

The downside with USB mixers is that most of the USB mixers only have 2-in 2-out through USB even if you have a 16 or 24 channel board. Worse - one Mackie mixer was 2-in 4-out, but the two main outs were routed in such a way that they fed back to the inputs, so you couldn't actually record while having any audio output from output 1-2, and outputs 3-4 could only go to headphones! Terrible design if you ask me.

Edited by Simon - PG Music (01/26/21 11:54 AM)

#638490 - 01/26/21 01:43 PM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: justanoldmuso]
BryMusic Offline
Enthusiast

FocusRite Scarlett Solo, FocusRite 4i4, and Behringer UMC404HD all work well.

#638590 - 01/27/21 06:44 AM [RealBand] Re: POST YOUR ASIO SOUND INTERFACES THAT WORK WELL IN RB. [Re: BryMusic]
justanoldmuso Offline
Journeyman

ALL RB/BB/PG USERS.
this is a letter ive wanted to send to audio interface manufacturers for awhile.
see if the SPECS make sense, and feel free to add your own specs.

NOTE, its meant for the under 200 buck market/project studios/lone songwriters/small groups. its not meant for large orchestral recording sessions in big studios.

THE LETTER. as follows.
i feel a big under 200 dollars market segment is being missed by manufacturers to sell to computer based project studios.
so heres an idea for a new usb audio interface which can also be used standalone. and will also replace a usb audio mixer.
1. PRODUCT CONCEPT.
Think a slimmed down version of a usb mixer. basically without all the knobs and connectors etc etc.
where everything is done in software. and it can be optionally a 19 inch rackmount or not.
and can be used standalone or with mac or pc or even raspberry pi !, or ios or android or fire tablet.
also an ultra low round trip latency recording/playback device.
preferebly less than 2ms latency via custom engineering/custom multi client asio drivers .
(instead of useing generic drivers.)
and thus finally slaying the bane of all musicians, LATENCY.
1.1 Physical connectors.
*4 mic pre xlr combo for mic/line. plus seperate 4 direct out//send/return multifunctional connector.
ie can be used for outboard send/return and/or direct out after mic pre.
*mic pres can also handle guitars like a di box.(via software switch. mic or line or guitar di.).
*2 sets of output left/right stereo connectors for hooking up 2 sets of powered monitors.
(with a software switch for mono checks.)
*4 sets of headphone stereo sockets THAT ARE POWERFULL, (some are not powerfull !)
and can take a range of can impedences. so one doesnt have to buy seperate headphone amps.
(for ultra low latency record monitoring/playback. also a software switch for mono checks.)
*usb connector. unit powered by usb. BUT ALSO CAN BE POWERED BY standalone usb power brick whereby the unit is just used as 4 mic pres by themselves. via direct outs. eg in those cases where a computer isnt used. ie just useing the 4 mic pres.
*optionally a thunderbolt connector.
*the usb is used for simultaneous recording of the 4 pre inputs to 4 seperate daw recording traks and playback of mix all in sync. IE CAN RECORD 4 TRAKS AT A TIME UP TO 24 bit/96 K. optionally a stereo mix.
( i personally only ever use 24 bit / 44.1, but other users i know want higher rates.)
1.2 mic pre specs.
*variable input impedence (set in software) to handle certain types of dynamic mics.
*HIGH GAIN MIC PRE. eg 70 db. cos some dynamic mics need lots of gain.
(note. ive had to resort to condensor mics cos of this problem.). thus this would save useing in line preamps.
*of course ultra low noise , high headroom, boutique type pre. etc etc etc
*AND LE PIECE DE RESISTANCE, to quote french. each boutique pre can be configured in software to have various
"characters" other than clean wire with gain.
ie mic pre can be various "personalities".
lets call it a "mojo setting". but can also be ultra clean.
*48v dc on each mic pre for condensers. (no physical switch. set on/off via software.)
*limiter built in (configurable in software) so people new to studio work dont overload into the red.
2. SOFTWARE CONTROL.
*everything software controllable via computer display.
or tablet/phone (for standalone remote work).
eg input levels , sending to direct outs, setting 48v dc. setting mic or line or di on a channel.
limiter to stop overload etc etc.
and of course setting bit depth/sampling rate etc on computer daw .
*i wouldnt want to see too many added features in software , if this might affect ultra low latency.
thus , as part of a software daw bundle included, maybe include a low cpu use vst channel strip to be inserted on daw traks for such things as compression/eq/echo/reverb/other fx etc etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i hope the above makes some sense. but, the overriding objective should be an interface that is ultra low
latency, that sounds wonderfull (with great a/d/a) and that can be used in a studio OR on location somewhere and with
multi client drivers.
eg recording nature sounds, or foley.(in the latter case maybe be powered from a vehicle for example.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok . please critique the above specs.//add your own specs.
best
amiaskingtoomuchmuso.lol.

Edited by justanoldmuso (01/27/21 09:02 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!

Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.

The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.

Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!

Happy B.C. Day!

Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!

Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.

Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Sunday: Closed.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.

That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!

With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)

Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Forum Stats
34680 Members
66 Forums
70219 Topics
606012 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
sampomkjiu, RBme, Jmoran, Handyman, aaronsmith12

34679 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 155