Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#639764 - 02/02/21 10:45 AM [User Showcase] 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to....
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to....

You may have won a free Band-in-a-Box 2021 UltraPak ..... check here

Over the past year (2020), we had a record 1,310 new original compositions posted to the User Showcase by 197 different artists. Wow! Now over 8,000 songs in the Showcase! Many thanks to all who have contributed.

In 2020 alone there were 25,500 posts in the User Showcase forum, with 1.9 million views! There were song compositions posted from at least 21 countries, including: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jersey Channel Is, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, UK, USA.

We'd like to thank and recognize these amazing contributions that people have made!

So we announce the "Top 40" User Showcase Awards...to the top 42 contributors of 2020 – a free Band-in-a-Box 2021 UltraPAK for Windows (including the 49 PAK bonus)

We've reviewed the contributions from Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2020, and have based the results on a combination of the following criteria:

- great compositions/arrangements/productions
- use lots of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand (RealTracks or MIDI)
- most contributions
- other contribution to the forum (songwriting tips etc.)
- haven't won before (not an absolute requirement)
- haven't already got a free version from beta testing etc.

And the winners (alphabetical order) are:

Al-David
animarorecords
BabuMusic
bawb
Birchwood
BlueAttitude
camog
CaptainMoto
Chris Dent
Chris37
cubanpete
David Snyder
Deej56
Derochette
Don Gaynor
Ezekiel's Storm
F.M.M.
floyd jane
Greg Johnson
GuitarHacker
Henry Clarke
Janice & Bud
jptjptjpt
MarioD
musician17
PeterF
rayc
rob4580
Robertkc
ROG
Ronnie Fields
Rustyspoon#
Scott C
Steve Young
Tangmo
Tano Music
TexasFrets
tommyad
tommyc
Torrey Bliss
TuneMonger
vicarn

If your name is on the list.... congratulations! You have won a free Band-in-a-Box 2021 UltraPak Hard Drive (including free shipping of course)

To collect your award, please contact marketing@pgmusic.com (by Feb 28, 2021) (attn: Callie), and provide details of where you want it to be sent. (don't forget to let her know your Forum name)

If you've already purchased 2021, we will refund your purchase price. If you already have BB 2021 via another means (beta testing etc.), then you can designate "someone else" to receive it (just send that info privately in your email).

If you're a Mac user, you can either get the 2020 UltraPak or request a raincheck for the 2021 Mac UltraPak when it comes out.

Once again, thanks to all the creative people who create, produce and share these wonderful songs!

#639765 - 02/02/21 10:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Congratulations folks!

SoundCloud

#639776 - 02/02/21 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Congrats to all and thank you PG Music for your products, your generosity and the opportunity to participate in this great forum community. And from that community we have made wonderful and enduring friendships.

You all bring a LOT of joy to MANY people!

J&B

#639778 - 02/02/21 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Congrats to this amazing group of musicians and writers.

Seriously, all I can say is thanks to PG Music and everyone who works there, for  making the absolute best software in the music business. Bar none. It lets me express the creativity in my soul in a way that nothing else can do.

And in case you didn't know..... PG is one of the most generous companies in the world.

Thank you!

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#639780 - 02/02/21 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Congrats to the members of the forum included in this years awards

Thanks PGMusic for the honour. Really appreciate being included in this group.

#639785 - 02/02/21 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland

Hi, friends !

Congrats to all the winners !
I knew I was without a chance
this year having been away for
so much of the time !

I think I´ll try to come back
this year if time and health
permits !

The BIAB is a fantastic tool
making composing so much easier
when you have an orchestra beside
you as you are experimenting your
way forward with your tune !

Absolutely incredible !
and how much hasn´t it helped
you learning how different
chords do sound ?

A magical tool, without a doubt !

stay Safe and Take Care everyone !

Cheers
Dani

#639788 - 02/02/21 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Thank you to PG Music for your generosity. Thank you to everyone behind the scenes who works there. And thank you to all the creative contributors to the showcase. This forum is hands down the most supportive and sharing music community on the internet. This amazing software certainly came in handy during the lockdown periods of this past year. Tom

#639795 - 02/02/21 02:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
I am truly humbled. Thank you Peter and congrats to all the winners

#639798 - 02/02/21 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone!

I really love how PG Music support their community.

#639801 - 02/02/21 02:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Congratulations, all! laugh

Thanks to PG Music for this, and thanks to everyone who contributes to the forums and makes the such a great place to hang out.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#639804 - 02/02/21 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Online   content
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Congratulations to all of you, and thank you for your creativity and encouragement. Thank you also to the folks at PGMusic for not only making the best program for creating music, but providing and maintaining a forum for all of these folks to help make it better. If I'm not being clear, let me just say... I'm freaked out! This is so cool!! Hear ya later. THANKS!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#639805 - 02/02/21 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Congratulations to all the winners and I'm honoured to be included in the list.

Many thanks to Peter and all at PG Music for the generous award of this superb software.

ROG.

#639814 - 02/02/21 03:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: United States
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Loc: United States
Congratulations to all the winners and a warm thank you to PG Music for allowing us to share this wonderful gift of music, and to help us make it even better with Band In A Box!!

#639823 - 02/02/21 05:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
I would like to say a big thanks to PG Music for including me with all of the talented folks (congratulations to all of you) listed here! It's a tremendous honor!
BIAB has been a vital part of my music production for many years now and couldn't imagine how I would survive musically without it! T

#639826 - 02/02/21 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
I'm surprised and chuffed!
Thank you PG Music.
It'll get plenty of use.
Congratulations and well done to all recipients.
Thank you also to all who commented or responded to songs I posted.
Such interaction is always helpful.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#639860 - 02/02/21 10:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Talk about a great and generous company! Thanks for allowing me the privilege of using your fantastic software. PG Music is, bar none, the most supportive and kind company in the music business. And thanks to all the forum members who listen our music - and that of all the other terrific artists/composers who hang out there.

Christmas in February ... what a great idea! Thanks to Dr. Gannon and his great staff. Wishing you a very successful year in 2021.

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#639861 - 02/02/21 10:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations to all. Just as importantly, thank you PG Music for your generosity smile
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#639865 - 02/03/21 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Online   content
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Wow.

Thank you PG Music for your extraordinary kindness. Band-in-a-Box is, for me and I'm sure it's the same for many others, literally a lifesaver. Many have been the times when, when confronted with a tricky situation, I have just sat down to write a song about things ... sometimes to have a cathartic experience, sometimes because I felt inspired, etc. Long story short, none of this would have ever been possible without this absolutely unique software - the only one of its kind I know of.

Thank you for including me amongst the winners. I am genuinely humbled to be amongst such amazing artists. The Showcase forum has provided me with the opportunity to talk to like-minded people on a daily basis, to learn and get moral support for my songs and, not least in the slightest, to hear others write music - often at a level I can only aspire to. Thank you so much, therefore, for hosting these amazing forums.

PG Music = a one-of-a-kind company, creating unique music software which uniquely facilitates music writing alike no other music software I have ever been aware of, with a generosity and soul that's second to none. Genuine thanks once more.

#639868 - 02/03/21 01:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
I'm always surprised to appear on this list.
Thanks very much to PG Music and congratulations to all the winners.

#639872 - 02/03/21 01:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2020 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks very much PGMusic, man, what a company!

And what a product! I've been using BIAB since the floppy days. I can't imagine life without it at this point, it has certainly changed my musical journey.

Thanks also for these forums. I've learned a lot during my time here and have met many great musicians and songwriters. And I have made some great friends here too.

Congratulations to all!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Simon did it again - another test in Windows 11! See how well the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin works with Windows® 11 in his latest video: The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34987 Members
66 Forums
71214 Topics
617524 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Piano Tone, Billscism, daveneal, a4ndrew3lls, jbrydon

34985 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 327