Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#639973 - 02/03/21 02:07 PM [User Showcase] One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice)
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

A love story...

Bouzouki, Rhythm SlowWaltz Ev 100
Bass, Electric, PopWaltz Ev 180
Fiddle, Background PopWaltz Ev 180
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming PopWaltz Ev 180
Royalty Free Loops
Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter,
Logic Pro Metering, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider, Waves Bass Rider, Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville

Vocal, Janice Merritt
Harmony Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Lyrics, Mix & Mastering, Tom Adams
Arrangement, Tom & Janice
Lead vocal recording & Spiritual Advice, Bud Merritt

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/one-minute-more

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/track/2621293/one-minute-more-co-written-w-janice-merritt

One Minute More

He asked for her hand would she like to dance
And led her out on the floor
She hid her eyes being ever so shy
Feeling like never before

Not ever late when out on a date
They followed the rules to a T
Turned out so well it was easy to tell
Forever was meant to be

She said
All I want is one minute more
Please so I can tell him
If given the chance I gladly would dance
I’d do it all over again

years went by fast they looked at their past
And swore it was just yesterday
An innocent glance at a high school dance
Eventually ended this way

They knew in their hearts that there was a part
Where you can no longer pretend
You have to be glad and try not to be sad
When it all winds down at the end
When it all winds down at the end

She said
Please so I can tell him
I’d do it all over again

She said
Please so I can tell him
I’d do it all over again
I’d do it all over again

©2021 Thomas Adams / Janice Merritt

#639976 - 02/03/21 02:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Loved it. You people just keep creating great songs, one after the other. This, I thought, was especially beautiful and Janice's voice just sparkles - to my ears, at least, it's clearer and more communicative than I ever remember hearing it. Great job, everyone.

#640004 - 02/03/21 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW! This is radio ready, but all of your songs are. I have run out of adjectives describing how great and professional sounding your songs are. You all are pros!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#640025 - 02/03/21 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Very well done. Excellent produced... and the vocal from Janice is just stunning good!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

#640033 - 02/03/21 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW! This is radio ready, but all of your songs are. I have run out of adjectives describing how great and professional sounding your songs are. You all are pros!

Yep ... everything Mario said. He said it about as good as it could be said. I can't add anything more. Just that I think it's superb music and makes me realize I have a long way to go to be even half this good. Best to all of you..

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#640070 - 02/03/21 08:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Beautiful. While excellent in every respect, I found the chorus particularly lovely. With the talent involved I knew this was going to be good even before I hit play and you all delivered exactly as expected.
Regards,
Leon

#640074 - 02/03/21 09:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Janice sounds great, Tommy excellent on the backup vocals.

Love the inner rhyme Given the chance/I gladly would dance.

The instrumentation slowly builds to the first chorus - I didn't even notice the drums were absent until the second listen. Loved the playing on the guitars. The extended fiddle solo worked really well.

Good write - classic country trick of the verse changing the meaning of the chorus the second time around.

My biggest complaint about Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville is that it can't be used for causal listening, so I'm using I'm using the dSONIQ Realphones. I can this close to getting the NX Abbey Roads plugin, because I really miss using my VRM Box. But for $35... tempting.

Anyway, stellar work all around. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#640117 - 02/04/21 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Vocal, Janice Merritt
Harmony Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Lyrics, Mix & Mastering, Tom Adams
Arrangement, Tom & Janice
Lead vocal recording & Spiritual Advice, Bud Merritt

PG Music's version of an 'All-Star' Band!

Always a commercial quality, radio-ready production - providing better quality than today's cookie cutter repetitive song craft. Refreshing and always solid entertainment. Looking forward to what's next from you guys. Whatever it may be, surely it's worth the wait.

#640121 - 02/04/21 04:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Just about as good as it gets I think wink

Excellent write, excellent vocals (of course!), pro mix.

Collaborations are the best, I always enjoy hearing them.

Really enjoyed this one, well done!

#640154 - 02/04/21 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Wow! Where to start? That was awesome!

First of all, Janice takes every song out of the park.. they're all home runs as soon as she gets involved!
LOVE the cello in this project... from the first few notes of the song it sucked me into the mood, like a whirlpool for the senses.

I thoroughly enjoyed the instrumental passages between verses. Especially the little bit before the last verse. Very nice use of the musical real estate.

The thought occurs to me as I listen to the lyrics that each generation has its own version of viewing and romanticizing relationships. This song, I would say, portrays my generation's point of view. Romantic songs written by young 'uns are different in a way I haven't yet analyzed well enough to articulate.

Tommy, you have the magic. Every musical idea you touch is brought to perfect fruition. I never hear anything by you that even suggests maybe it could be a little bit better if only you would change this or that. You know how to resolve an idea musically, and that is a wonder to experience.

Hats off to both of you. I'm expecting you'll both be famous any day now.

#640159 - 02/04/21 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
This is one of those deceptively simple songs that leaves you wondering why nobody ever wrote it before. Everything about the production is balanced and exactly where it should be. Great job.

#640173 - 02/04/21 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Such a beautiful vocal and backtrack. It reminded me of an Alison Kraus. Incredible lyrics and production. Well done

#640174 - 02/04/21 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: MarioD]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
Loved it. You people just keep creating great songs, one after the other. This, I thought, was especially beautiful and Janice's voice just sparkles - to my ears, at least, it's clearer and more communicative than I ever remember hearing it. Great job, everyone.

Thanks guys. Tom did a wonderful job putting all this together!

Janice

#640181 - 02/04/21 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom & Janice (and the ever lurking Bud)...

A sweet love song. It has a "familiar" ring to it, an immediate classic kind of sound, like you've heard this all your life. Nicely written. It has heart. Nice sing-able, slow-dance-able melody.

Beautiful production. The acoustic lead was "just right". Nice "little touches" throughout. The pumping bass was a good interlude. Excellent mix (no surprise there).

Superb vocal (of course). Nice harmony, too.

A wonderful listen.

fj

#640200 - 02/04/21 11:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: MarioD]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
Thanks for listening and commenting. Janice did a great job on the vocal and melody, Tom
Thanks Mario. We appreciate the kind words,Tom

#640217 - 02/04/21 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Excellent intro...then the space opens for THAT voice.
One of the best bass tracks I've heard from BIAB - I suspect some serious editing created that fit.
Wonderful song - well done all.

#640232 - 02/04/21 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Tom and Janice,

What a very nice song this is! A nice solid guitar playing and a very strong voice.
Janice, I think you sounded very bright in this song. Very nice.
In a way the melody reminded me of the Pogues. Not your voice, Janice, you are far in the lead on that!
I enjoyed it a lot,

Hans

Edited by Birchwood (02/09/21 04:37 AM)

#640280 - 02/04/21 05:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: Will Josef]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very well done. Excellent produced... and the vocal from Janice is just stunning good!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thank you Will! Tom certainly handed me a fine lyric.

Janice

#640289 - 02/04/21 07:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Very well crafted song. Lovely arrangement. I love the melody expressed through the vocals. Outstanding mix. So clear. Good job to everyone. I like that band too.

#640328 - 02/05/21 03:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: Al-David]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Thanks for the very nice review,Tom
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Yep ... everything Mario said. He said it about as good as it could be said. I can't add anything more. Just that I think it's superb music and makes me realize I have a long way to go to be even half this good. Best to all of you..

Alan
Alan, thank you for being so supportive and for your thoughtful comments,Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Ends This Weekend!

It's almost over!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows special ends on Saturday, January 15th!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm this Saturday!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

XPro Styles PAK 2 - Special Ends January 15th!

Our special is over at 11:59pm on January 15th!

We've added 100 new RealStyles more to our XPro Styles collection with the just-released XPro Styles PAK 2!

These fresh new RealStyles will work with the Band-in-a-Box® Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 2 expands your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

Our XPro Styles PAKs are ON SALE UNTIL January 15th! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 or 2 to your collection for only $29 each... that's 40% off our regular price of $49! Want them both? Order the XPro Styles PAKs 1 & 2 Bundle for just $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 2 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2022 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Extended to January 15th!

You didn't miss out on great deals.... we've extended our special to January 15th!!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! During our special (which ends Jan 15th), the Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video: Producer Secrets- Mixing Drum Stems with Band-in-a-Box® 2022

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2022 - Drum Stems! These are separate tracks from the different mics in the RealDrums recording. We've included RealDrums Stems Set 1 and RealDrums Stems Set 2 in our 2022 Bonus PAKs, which means if you've purchased your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 this month (December), you have access to this exciting new feature!

There's now a detailed video tutorial on mixing drum stems in Band-in-a-Box®, which includes tutorial files to follow along with: Producer Secrets - Mixing Drum Stems

Currently, drums stems are available for 50 RealDrums, but there are more to come!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during December, and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Band-in-a-Box® - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows (on sale until December 31st!) and receive a download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer.

Make it a musical Christmas!

Looking for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac? Version 2021 is available, and can also be downloaded right away when you receive your order confirmation if purchasing from us directly!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Feature: Install Manager – One-Click to Download and Install

Downloading your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 order is easy when you use our new Install Manager, added with Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

With the Install Manager you can download and install the entire package of your order with one click - it's so simple! See for yourself!

Install Manager - One-Click to Download and Install Topic (online manual)

Forum Stats
35501 Members
63 Forums
72857 Topics
635289 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
PookieFoot, ELMAYA, Xtov, Dawred, Paul Nerger

35501 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mark Hayes 247
MusicStudent 229