You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#640199 - 02/04/21 11:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....?
Loc: Denmark
megamads Offline
Enthusiast

When I play a RS (with RT's) in DAW plug-in files are in perfect sync with DAW metronome. When file is exported to DAW as a wave file it's out of sync....

I'm sure one of you guys quickly can tell me what I'm doing wrong.....

Thanx :-)

Mojave (10.14.6) iMac (27", late 2013), 32 GB.

BIAB 2019, installed on internal HD; Logic proX; EZdrummer; Spark; Synfire; .

Musicians Institute (GIT) 1991;
Conservatory of Southern Denmark 2000.

#640256 - 02/04/21 03:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....? [Re: megamads]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Is your DAW session using a sample rate other than 44.1khz? Did you allow your DAW to resample the audio when importing?

#640317 - 02/05/21 12:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....? [Re: megamads]
megamads Offline
Enthusiast

Sample rate is 44,1 kHz.

I moved /exported file via drag and drop

hmmmm......really weird......it works now.....apparently my problem is solved :-)

Thanks for responding :-)

#640458 - 02/05/21 04:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....? [Re: megamads]
Loc: Sillie Con Valley, California
Mike Halloran Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Sillie Con Valley, California
Quote:

Logic will convert sampling rates but may change pitch or tempo — or even do both. It's supposed to be governed by Preference settings—like any DAW—but sometimes it glitches for no apparent reason.

When that happens, close LPx, reboot and try it again.

When I get files that come in wrong, it's always from Logic users. I let them know to reboot & export again. The files will now import correctly.

On the rare occasion where the timing is right but the pitch is wrong and I'm in a hurry, I open the file in Melodyne or ZTX, repitch about 3/4 step and it's good. I used to open these in my own copy of Logic but re-pitching is faster.

Among my many projects, I direct online choirs and praise bands these days. I get files sent to me from many apps in many formats. Digital Performer usually converts everything automatically except the occasional Logic export. No one knows why, including Apple.

#640522 - 02/06/21 01:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....? [Re: Mike Halloran]
megamads Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for an awesome answer.....

I thought I was going mad :-)

mads a

#642681 - 02/17/21 03:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....? [Re: Mike Halloran]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
When I get files that come in wrong, it's always from Logic users.

I get that issue from Cubase users as well. The issue is that Cubase "asks" you to "convert to project settings" with a checkbox to allow Cubase to not ask again - it's not exactly well worded, so quite a few people click "Do not ask again" and get confused when pitch and time are messed up.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#642728 - 02/18/21 03:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Exported BIAB files are out of time in DAW.....? [Re: Simon - PG Music]
megamads Offline
Enthusiast

Edited by megamads (02/18/21 03:46 AM)

PG Music News
Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Simon did it again - another test in Windows 11! See how well the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin works with Windows® 11 in his latest video: The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Forum Stats
34989 Members
66 Forums
71239 Topics
617759 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Zandormaz, L.René, Bluest Blues, dautfred, mercabusca

34989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 305
Pipeline 298