#643459 - 02/22/21 09:26 AM
[Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh]
Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Build 423 (Feb 22)
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac build 423 is available.https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/mpatch/bb2020_mac_update_build423.pkgThis free update patch for Band-in-a-Box 2020 adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs.==================================
Summary of changes for build 423 (Feb 22):
- Fixed: Scroll-ahead not drawing in the Notation window.
- Fixed: Playback notes were not highlighted in the Lead Sheet window.
- Fixed: First page of Lead Sheet printout has gray background if using macOS Big Sur.
- Improved: Faster redrawing in Notation window.
- Fixed: Redraw issues after visiting the Notation Options dialog.
- Fixed: Double-click on the Piano Roll timeline does not start playback.
- Fixed: 'Stream read error' when rendering file with Normalize and Apple Loop Info enabled.
- Fixed: Possible crash when rendering to AIFF file.
Summary of changes for build 422 (Feb 10):
- Added: Support for Apple Silicon (M1) Macs, and macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: The Notation and Lead Sheet windows were blank if using macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: The Lead Sheet window would not close if using macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: Possible crashes when resizing windows if using macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: Notes not highlighting red during playback in Notation window on some computers.
- Fixed: No sound on some machines if the "Apple: DLSMusicDevice" MIDI plugin is missing.
- Fixed: Some menu items in the Drop Station context menu did not respond.
Summary of changes for build 421 (Dec 21):
- Possible crash when saving song with lyrics.
- Some VST plugins would fail to load.
- Sforzando was not automatically added to MIDI plugin list during bootup.
- If using more than one RealDrums track, drum fills will play at the wrong bars or not at all.
- Drop station context menu item "Start DAW Plug-in Mode" did not do anything.
- Drop station context menu item "End DAW Plug-in Mode" did not do anything.
- Drop station context menu item "Options for DAW Plugins..." started DAW Plug-in mode instead of opening the dialog.
- Better quality audio resampling when rendering audio to higher sample rates.
Summary of changes for build 420 (Oct 8):
- Fixed: Opening song files with invalid repeats might crash the program or corrupt the chord sheet.
- Fixed: High pitch noise might be heard if using THIS SONG or ALL SONGS mixer controls to boost volume by a significant amount (eg +36 dB).
- Fixed: RealDrums Picker variation demoing was playing the wrong demos, or no demo at all. Looping would sometimes cause loud noise instead of a demo.
- Fixed: RealDrums Picker variation demoing would only demo the B variation, and not the A variation.
- Fixed: RealDrums variation demoing did not loop smoothly.
- Fixed: Clicking on the Big Piano Window plays note on Thru track.
- Fixed: Clicking on the Guitar Window plays note on Thru track.
- Fixed: Amplitube 4 should be automatically be added to VST plugin list if it is available.
- Fixed: Amplitube 4 should be allowed to load Amplitube 3 .fxp preset files.
- Fixed: Styles or .tgs files that use Amplitube 3 should load Amplitube 4 if Amplitube 3 is not available.
- Fixed: Plugins that have no GUI will cause a crash when being removed.
- Fixed: Shell VST plugins such (eg. Waves plugins) were not supported.
- Fixed: VST plugins would not display in correct localized language.
- Fixed: The [Show] button in the Plugins window looks like it is enabled when it is not.
- Fixed: The Choose a plugin dialog should automatically activate the search field when opening.
- Fixed: The Choose a plugin dialog should reopen at its previous screen position.
- Fixed: The [tab] key should shift between the list and search field in the Choose a plugin dialog.
- Fixed: [command]+[tab] should activate the search field in the Choose a plugin dialog.
Summary of changes for build 419 (Sept 23):
DAW Plugin 2.12.15 changes (since 2.10.9)
- "UltraPAK=" style category counts are larger than they should be.
- Spurious messages about Natural Arrangements.
- Current location should be sent to VST plugins when song isn't playing.
- Some VST plugins might not be triggered to play or stop.
- RealDrums Picker takes a long time to open if the custom Drums directory does not exist.
- RealTracks Picker takes a long time to open if the custom RealTracks directory does not exist.
- Preferences > Allow Lead In Bars setting was ignored when making videos of the chord sheet or notation.
- Opening the floating Audio Edit window while in ACW mode should cause chord sheet to resize.
- Moving ACW markers during playback should not generate a tempo map until playback has stopped.
- Audio & Video memo buttons were missing from the Song Memo window.
- Songs with two drums tracks could have the main drums tracks playing fills at the wrong time.
- Issue with hanging on a triple time render with a 4/4 bar time signature change.
- Right-click bar should also select that bar
- Time signature could not be undone when undoing style selection
- Render options did not trigger regenerate blinking light
- Midi marker file was not working with 3/4 songs
- Bars after tag ending were showing in grey
- Zooming in/out of chord sheet not always working
- bbm4_FlashMessageLog.txt file saved in Data folder from plugin activity.
- Show bar markers for bar changes (red line in PM)
- Opening Preferences dialog does not take keyboard focus
- Count-in bars were missing from render of selected region
- Crash running plugin as modal window in Reaper
- Chord sheet disappears when loading song demo
- Selected cell in chord sheet moves unexpectedly
- Time Sig/Tempo changes not working in the plugin
- Bar highlighting not following time sig/tempo changes
- Preferences options "Pad Multi Riffs" and "Start Multi Riffs early/late" don't do anything
- Setting time base to triple stalls plugin
- "Bar Settings" and "Song settings" in Style Mix context menu
- Direct input option in track context menu
- Expand track settings to all pages
- Expand undo feature to whole plugin
- "Preview Bars" option in Generate Custom menu
- Generate sub-section of a song by highlighting those bars
- Saving untitled song should update title to match song file name
- Highlight a set of bars and press play to loop that section
- Hold SHIFT and drag from the chord sheet to get a midi file with chord markers that can be dragged into the DAW
- Preferences dialog not always closing on OK
- Issues setting folders in Preferences dialog
- Multi-riff should only have offset for playback if riffs are not padded
- Four bar ending not resizing chord sheet
- Shortcut for adding tempo/time sig changes. These options can be set in the bar settings dialog.
Summary of changes for build 416 (August 19):
- Fixed: Crackling in rendered AIFF files if choosing 24 bit depth.
- Fixed: Access violation and program crash if adding a repeat to song that requires too many bars (more than 255).
- Fixed: If song is not currently saved, possible strange results when choosing File > Revert to saved.
- Fixed: 'Metronome During Recording' feature only worked if choosing to record MIDI.
- Fixed: Sometimes the F12 key does not work for calling the Panic menu item.
- Fixed: Misaligned columns in the RealTracks Picker.
- Fixed: Bar lines would disappear if reducing the size of the Notation Window in Staff Roll Mode.
- Fixed: If using the right arrow key to advance the Notation Window, it could get 'stuck' on the currently displayed row.
- Fixed: Loading in some XML files in which the chord type text was blank, could result in chords like Em or Am showing up as just E or A.
Summary of changes for build 415 (July 22):
- Fixed: Rendering to M4A for iPhone would include an extra space in the file name.
- Fixed: Possible crash when importing chords from MIDI file if using macOS 10.5 Catalina.
- Fixed: Possible crash when playing song with time signature changes.
- Fixed: Audio harmonized voices transcribed to Soloist track should be on channels 1-4 instead of channel 2.
- Fixed: Bar Based Lyrics and Section Text might appear upside down in the Lead Sheet window.
- Fixed: Printout of Style, Tempo, and Composer not working correctly.
- Fixed: Notation scroll ahead was not working correctly.
- Fixed: Problems with slurs in XML files.
- Fixed (DAW Plugin / BBM4): Audio harmonized voices transcribed to separate tracks was not working.
- Fixed (DAW Plugin / BBM4): Rebuild always required when using custom locations for RealTracks or RealDrums.
Summary of changes for build 414 (July 20):
DAW Plugin Update to 2.10.9 (July 20)
- Attempting to select a different font for Bar Based Lyrics in the Notation window options did not do anything.
- Chord Sheet videos were not in sync with "Include 2 bar lead-in" audio render setting.
- Chord Sheet videos were not in sync with "Delay at start (seconds)" audio render setting.
- Attempting to step-advance with the Guitar or Big Piano windows would not work for the the Piano track, displaying flash message "Piano track is empty, cannot step advance".
- The Audio track should be recovered if choosing not to save song after choosing Kill Audio.
- Edit > Redo Kill Audio did not work.
- Band-in-a-Box might crash when demoing styles with user chords in StylePicker.
- DAW Plugin: MIDI audio was sometimes being mixed into rendered RealTracks.
- "Insert" and "Delete" options in chord sheet context menu (right-click)
- Tempo/time sig was sometimes appearing on first bar.
- DAW playback bar highlighting was not accurate for tempo with decimal
- Bars in chord sheet were not highlighting on shift-click
- Chord sheet right-click was resetting highlighted bars
- Changed shortcut for deleting bars from "REMOVE" to "DELETE"
- Inserting/Deleting bars not working correctly in chord sheet
- Undo/Redo not working in chord sheet
- Text in track table not resizing automatically
- Minor resizing inconsistencies for chord sheet
- Pushes not working if note is lower case (ie: ^a, ^^d, etc.)
- Tags should disappear for 1 chorus and reappear for multiple choruses and not be set when not active
- Playback progress bar is not accurate if tags exist
- Zoom in chord sheet should preserve viewed area
- Plugin should check if rendered files exist and reset "generate status" upon change
- "Generate Needed" should flash anytime tracks are not generated/up to date
- Generating master track after other tracks does not individual tracks
- Crash after entering tempo with decimal (only allow integer or round to int)
- Placement of chord sheet visuals should not overlap and fit in the space given
- Plugin showing irrelevant messages when bb app cannot be found
- Changing total choruses during playback did not trigger "Generate Needed"
- "Selected Host" in Preferences said "Unknown" if DAW not in list
Summary of changes for build 412 (June 25):
DAW Plugin Update to 2.9.41 (June 25)
- Fixed: Program crash if auditioning a style demo that contained a % in the name.
- Fixed: Drag and drop render will unfreeze tracks.
- Fixed: Bar Based lyrics layer might contain unwanted line breaks which is apparent when pressing down arrow key.
- Fixed: [#] filter menus did not work in localized versions.
- Fixed: The Xtra Styles filter list did not include set 9.
- Fixed: If using Italian keyboard layout, the # symbol could not be typed into the chord sheet using the dedicated option+à key combination.
- Fixed: The RealDrums button should open the RealDrums Picker if holding [shift] key, and RealDrums Preferences if holding [ctrl] key.
- Fixed: Looping bars by typing L into the chordsheet did not work if the number contained a 3 (eg looping 13 bars).
- Fixed: Audio Edit page should not automatically scroll during playback if user is dragging mouse.
- Improved: Serial number entry is improved for convenience.
- Improved: Crash reports will contain more detailed information.
- Fixed: A number of RealStyles and Demos have fixes to correct minor playback problems, key, feel, and song memos.
There have been some features added to the DAW plugin since version 2.8. Here is a video tutorial that describes these changes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KY4-VTk-ks&feature=youtu.be
- Added: "Send MIDI Data to DAW for playing MIDI tracks" option in Preferences. **Note: When not enabled, the plugin will send the rendered audio for MIDI tracks if available
- Added: Grey "track type" name in description area if track is empty
- Added: Daw tempo under tempo if not the same
- Added: Context menu option in track table to generate selection for MultiRiffs
- Added: Global sync to host button for non standalone plugin types
- Added: Mute and solo buttons
- Added: Mute and solo options in track context menu
- Added: Labels for pages in track table
- Added: Preferences options for "Default Sync"
- Added: Context menu in chord sheet
- Added: Default settings button in preferences dialog
- Added: Red MIDI channel icon next next to track description
- Added: Chord sheet auto resizes to fit length of song
- Added: Spacebar starts/stops playback in standalone plugin only
- Changed: WAVE, MIDI, and CHART button redesign
- Changed: Update stereo/mono indicators to be abbreviations
- Changed: Moved demo (play) button to style info area
- Fixed: Changed default setting for "Auto Generate Songs" to false
- Fixed: Problems generating a RealDrums track on page two
- Fixed: Removing custom MIDISuperTrack from page one replaced description with MST number
- Fixed: Track table auto scrolling to track with name change
- Fixed: Cannot bring pickers to front when first opening bb app
- Fixed: Scroll bar jumping between pages while scrolling
- Fixed: MIDI notes stay on when playback is stopped
- Fixed: Improved syncing between plugin and DAW
- Fixed: Moved demo (play) button to style info area
- Fixed: Bug when initializing Band-in-a-Box while tracks are playing or synced
- Fixed: Chord sheet highlighting should loop back to beginning if past 256 bars
- Fixed: Loading m_FEDORA.STY displays first chord as Gb instead of F#
- Fixed: Plugin focus is lost when generation starts
- Fixed: Update stereo/mono to be abbreviations
- Fixed: Rename "Special" to "Extra" for tracks on the second page
- Fixed: "Transpose" button resets when closing/opening
- Fixed: Track scrolling is reverse on windows
- Fixed: Ending repeat symbol is off screen
- Fixed: 'ALL' icon should show on midi only gen of midi style
- Fixed: 'ALL' icon should drag primary tracks (midi and audio)
- Fixed: Enable right-click for menu buttons (File, Select, Generate Options)
- Fixed: Custom RDs not generating in style
- Fixed: MultiRiffs are not generating with 4 bar ending
- Fixed: MultiRiffs are not generating all choruses
- Fixed: Harmonies are not working
- Fixed: Default for all render settings is now false
- Fixed: Bar number gets cutoff when window height is large and width is small
- Fixed: Issues selecting bars in the chord sheet
- Fixed: Some songs in "Recents" menu were missing the file name
- Fixed: Unfold should copy everything (time sig and tempo markers)
- Fixed: Issues generating custom track on style page
- Fixed: Local playback should be disabled during DAW playback
- Fixed: Increase track font size for large plugin window
- Fixed: Tip for Generate button was identical to Generate Options
- Fixed: Plugin should not be able to overwrite song demo
- Fixed: Riffs of selected region is not working in context menu
- Fixed: P hotkey should keep the same bar selected
- Fixed: Improved chord sheet zooming to snap to row
- Fixed: Auto scrolling chordsheet during playback should move in pages
- Fixed: Change "Master" track label to "Style Mix"
- Fixed: Tag end should be removed if tag start and tag jump are removed
- Fixed: Issues adding tempo/time signature changes in the chord sheet
- Fixed: RT on Melody track does not get generated
- Fixed: Bar highlighting sometimes flickers when local playback has finished
- Fixed: Flashing highlighted bar at the end of play.
- Added: Space bar can now be used to start playback in standalone version.
Summary of changes for build 410 (April 15, 2020):
DAW Plugin 2.5.25
- Added: A new StyleMaker has been added for editing existing styles, or making new ones.
- Fixed: Crash if closing the Song Titles dialog immediately after opening it.
- Fixed: Magenta color in splash screen if using macOS 10.12 or 10.13.
- Fixed: Song title was not being saved properly in certain cases.
- Fixed: Opening plugin when the DAW has altered tempo shows sync tempo indicator despite the match
- Fixed: typing roman numerals in Normal display makes them show as superscripts
- Fixed: Dragging tracks not working properly
- Fixed: Changing track does not delete old file (if not dragged).
- Fixed: Selected Host shows duplicates in the list
- Fixed: Double clicking on empty track should not launch a picker
- Fixed: Generate state should reset when all tracks are replaced
Summary of changes for build 407 (April 2, 2020):
DAW Plugin 2.5.18
- Fixed: RealDrums Quick List was empty if launched from main toolbar.
- Improved: Bootup time is faster.
- Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
- Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
- Fixed: Buttons in Custom toolbar are not draggable.
- Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
- Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
- Fixed: RealDrums Quick List menu item did not do anything.
- Fixed: Find a Sub for RealDrums menu item did not do anything.
- Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.
- Fixed: Some style demos for the newest RealTracks would not play.
- Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.
- Fixed: "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
- Fixed: Unfold feature not working with some songs
- Fixed: Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
- Fixed: Chord superscripts
- Fixed: Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
- Fixed: Undo removes all chords after opening a song
- Fixed: Buzzing sound in Studio One
- Fixed: Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
- Fixed: Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
- Fixed: Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
- Fixed: All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
- Fixed: Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
- Fixed: Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
- Fixed: Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
- Fixed: Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
- Fixed: Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
- Added: About to File Menu
- Added: "year" to plugin name
- Fixed: remove sync tempo button if already synced
- Fixed: improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)
Summary of changes for build 403 (Mar 17, 2020):
- Fixed: Clicking on Print Chords from the chord sheet context menu causes application to crash.
- Fixed: Feature Browser button is missing from the big toolbar.
- Fixed: Event List window is using wrong colors.
- Fixed: Some song titles are blank in the Song Titles dialog.
- Fixed: Possible Crashes
PG Music Inc.
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!
Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!
Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.
The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.
Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!
Happy B.C. Day!
Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!
Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.
Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!
With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.
That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!
With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)
Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks
Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!
These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.
We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.
Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True
Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.
"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.
Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker
Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!
Was ist neu? | Paket
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM