Hi folks.
Want to share expierence with recent app I added to my arsenal, that I found quite helpful. I am a junkie for chord exploration and movements. If chording "talks" to me, it makes a process of writing a tune a pure pleasure...
I found that in my case, learning music theory is not very helpful. Meaning, theory is like a cookbook. You can follow every line of the script, but the dish would taste like can soup. (In recent years they improved quality of can soups, so maybe not an accurate comparison)
To me, chording must come semi spontaneous, I have to hear actual chord pairs or grouping to know if this is how I want to proceed. Yes, I can imagine how some bonds will sound like, but stuff like parallel scales, modals, borrowed, accidentals and just complex chords etc. are beyond me. It is trial and error thing, unless I want to do something rudimental. Something like fishing or walking in bog.. Which makes process fun for me.
Ok, enough of my blathering. Software is called Harmony Navigator by Cognitone:
https://www.cognitone.com There is a Demo and LE version (LE does all I need)

You might say... Well there is a Scaler.... Yes, Scaler is fantastic tool..and their team is great, but I find Harmony Navigator far more advanced in some ways, which is more appealing to my workflow. Chord Pallete is more "complete" than one in Scaler. Also, very helpful color schemes that show relation, connection strenght, etc. In my opinion, it is a great learning /reference tool.

Down sides: One man show, poor support. A few silly and annoying bugs that seemed to be there for some years now. A bit of a slow interface.