Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#650048 - 04/04/21 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Honey Babe (feat. PeterF)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Honey Babe

ReggaBillyFunk? A traditional bluegrass/folk tune with the melody dating to the 18th century and zillions of lyric variations. Thanks for checking it out and comments are appreciated and welcomed!

Shoutouts to PG Music and PeterF for the fun factor smile

Janice: Lead vocal, harmony vocals, arrangement and percussion (cajon)
Peter: Guitar solos, “organ” solos riffs/fills via Helix Emulator on guitar and arrangement
Bud: Mix, vocal/cajon engineering, mastering, arrangement and photo.

Tech stuff for those so inclined.

Drums/percussion:
Drums: RealDrums Reggae Classic (all kicks removed) > Waves CLA Drums
Crash cymbal > Waves CLA Drums
BiaB Loops PAK: World Drums Acoustic Reggae > Waves CLA Drums
Cajon 1 (Janice): Sound hole mic > Waves CLA Drums
Cajon 2 (Janice): Ambient mic > Waves CLA Drums
Handclaps 1 > 140 EMT Plate Reverb sim
Handclaps 2 > 140 EMT Plate Reverb sim

Bass: RealTrack 1157 Electric, Reggae > Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3
Piano: RealTrack 1160 Acoustic, Rhythm Reggae > Waves CLA Unplugged
Guitar Rhythm: RealTrack 1158 Electric, Rhythm Reggae

Vocal Tracks: Nectar 3, Waves CLA Vocals and Logic Pro EQ

Mastering: Ozone 9 EQ > Ozone 9 Multi-band compression > Ozone 9 Imager > Ozone 9 Limiter > Tonal Balance 2 > Logic Pro Loudness Meter

© 2021 Trad Arr B. Merritt, J. Merritt & P. Fulham
(a public domain tune for which we own all rights to our interpretation)

#650072 - 04/04/21 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Had a couple of listens to this from the Facebook page. Love this. What a cool rhythm to this song. Awesome vocal. Love Peters guitar. Cool effects used. Well done

#650082 - 04/04/21 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Hi Janice & Bud,

This composition changes the style we are used to with you. But, excellent musicians and singer, you have understood the reggae style well. It is a pleasant composition that you propose. I appreciated. Well done.

kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#650088 - 04/04/21 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Love ReggaBillyFunk!

Probably the most offbeat tune I have heard by this talented team, and it sounds awesome! Fun, crisp vocals! Cool & funky guitar by Peter (wah wah pedal?). Bud, excellent sound. Enjoyed it a lot!
Time to do an original? I think you got the right ingredients for ReggaBillyFunk genre! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#650109 - 04/04/21 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Scott C]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Had a couple of listens to this from the Facebook page. Love this. What a cool rhythm to this song. Awesome vocal. Love Peters guitar. Cool effects used. Well done

Thanks Scott. It was a fun project.

J&B

#650117 - 04/04/21 08:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
The romance version of reggae was referred to a Lovers' Rock...this is really cool.
Solid rhythm and that kick replacement works a treat with Sly & Robbie thud and bounce everywhere it should be.
Cool guitar licks, cool vocal licks, cool mixing.
Well done team. I enjoyed it enormously.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#650118 - 04/04/21 08:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
Very cool version of this song!

I will admit that my ALL TIME favorite version of this song can be found here.>>>
Best Version of This song

I would be curious your thoughts.
Some people just know how to make a good song great!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#650126 - 04/05/21 12:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Reggae blues, I didn't see this coming from you smile
Janice's voice is perfectly made for reggae (also).
Nicely swinging rhythm bed. Very solid arrangement and the organ and guitar solos are very tasty.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#650134 - 04/05/21 03:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice / Bud / Peter,

WOW! This is just great. I love the feel of this - you guys have a unique combination of things going on here that really make this song stand out.

Going back for another couple of listens...

Bob

#650166 - 04/05/21 09:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

J&B and Peter,
This is excellent; the vocals so relaxed and warm, percussion crisp and that guitar/organ effect so well done...and it really sounds like you had fun.
Very cool.

Robert

#650184 - 04/05/21 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Bud, Janice and Peter,

Something different but a very amusing song.
I think a song like this fits with the new times in your country.
And...I like the double vocals very much.

Hans

#650202 - 04/05/21 03:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Derochette]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Janice & Bud,

This composition changes the style we are used to with you. But, excellent musicians and singer, you have understood the reggae style well. It is a pleasant composition that you propose. I appreciated. Well done.

kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks for the comments and for listening to a bit of reggae!

J&B

#650211 - 04/05/21 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I enjoyed it. Especially the production chops.

I like how you find those old songs and update them.

Good work to all involved

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#650258 - 04/06/21 02:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Scott C

Thanks Scott - the organ sound throughout was done through the Helix which whilst it mainly emulates amps and pedals does have a few synth and organ sounds. The guitar sounding guitar was through a wah pedal.

Peter

#650286 - 04/06/21 05:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Oh, lordy me, what a great sound. A very creative version of this. I once played this in a band but the girl didn't drip the honey like Janice does. Excellent vocal --no surprise there. Peter is a treat to any studio, especially mixed with a mastering mind like yours, Bud. Sweet honey!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#650315 - 04/06/21 08:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
LOVE it!

GORGEOUS vocals and harmonies!!

Cool guitar.

Tasty organ! (from a guitar!!!)

Excellent percussion. Well done.

An awesome mix.

Infectious as hell.

<stamp> As. Good. As. It. Gets. </stamp>

fj

#650379 - 04/06/21 03:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Love ReggaBillyFunk!

Probably the most offbeat tune I have heard by this talented team, and it sounds awesome! Fun, crisp vocals! Cool & funky guitar by Peter (wah wah pedal?). Bud, excellent sound. Enjoyed it a lot!
Time to do an original? I think you got the right ingredients for ReggaBillyFunk genre! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha. We’re glad you liked the genre smile

Thanks for mentioning the mix. The drums and percussion were a bit of a challenge.

We appreciate it all!

J&B

#650414 - 04/06/21 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Indie-Americana at it's finest. Respectful but very fresh. Clear as a bell mix that highlights every sparkling hit and lick. Really nice stuff.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#650417 - 04/06/21 07:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Another great collaboration. Nice reworking of what I understand to be an old trad song. Nice vocals (I'm glad you didn't try to sound Jamaican - it is much more true sounding). Great mix. And, as always, great lead guitar by Peter. Nice job everyone - the band too!

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#650444 - 04/07/21 03:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've listened to this a few times, and I have to say it's one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

Love the arrangement, just so well done with all the percussive elements.

Janice sounds awesome, both the main vocal and harmonies, and love the tasty leads from Peter.

Great mix!!

Man, this is just so creative on every level.

ReggaBillyFunk? Yeah, I dig it wink

Well done, folks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Mac Special - ENDS TODAY (July 15th)

It's the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT TODAY (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 11 - Special Ends on Thursday!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs Special ENDS at 11:59pm PDT on July 15th!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

Order during our special and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special (ending July 15th), all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until July 15th, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Special - Ends Thursday!

It's almost over! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special ends this Thursday (July 15th)!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Thursday (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 59 of Your Problems Solved!

Are you wondering what's new with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows?

Watch our latest video, which presents a list of the 59 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

For a written Q&A list, visit our 59 of Your Problems Solved page for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Forum Stats
34659 Members
66 Forums
70154 Topics
605197 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
RRR1955, Peter King, dan076067, GIVEMBU, Mind Muzic

34659 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 129
Pipeline 123