RealDrums [in style:NashvillePop16^4-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Hihat

Me: acoustic guitar, strings, vocal, harmony, art work

Thanks for listening.
Comments of any kind encouraged.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Comments of any kind, you say? Well, here's one: you're a freaking genius (excuse my language).

This is far and away one of the most beautiful songs I've heard on here. You and a couple of others so-called miscreants on here create like there's no tomorrow. Come to think of it, the standard's incredibly high on here, but you're one of the few that are at the top of the very top. Why? Because you know how to speak to people when you write and you sing. No nonsense, no beating around the bush, no complicating things. You speak to hearts when you sing. And that's pretty unbelievable - many of us wish we could do the same. Bravo.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm going to go a different way with my comments this time. All the "typical" applies to every aspect of the song. At this point, I expect nothing less. smile

I know it's thrown around in the forums a fair amount to say "radio ready" but I am someone who does not say that often. It's not that I don't think a song or production isn't good enough to make it on the air. It's that, typically the songs aren't written to work with radio...so they don't.

I love it when a song comes together to THIS extent. I would say, in my opinion, without any hesitation "radio ready."

It's a beautiful song, written and produced REALLY well...all within 3 minutes.

Well done sir! I'm glad this song is in the showcase!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Just lovely. Nice acoustic playing and recording by the way.

Excellent vocal, relatable lyric, superb production and great writing.

Hope that covers it!

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really cool intro Floyd. Loved the vocal and lyric. Another first class tune. Also love how you produce your songs. Well done.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Damn fine job sir.

( Tips my hat )

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
FJ,
Fantastic lyrics on this tune! Nice guitar work. Vocals and phrasing are perfect. Very crisp mix, brings all that acoustic character upfront. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

This is classic . . . beautifully written tune, excellent production, compelling vocal . . . all of it. I could say one of your best . . . but pretty much every tune you do falls into that category. Really like that second verse—such stellar writing. Wonderfully wrought piece of work here, Floyd. Brilliant!

My very best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Another love song.
fj

Nope, it's another lovely, well written, well produced, well played, and well sung love song. And nice mixing in your playing with the band. Sounds great.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Having haunted this forum for a couple of years now I know that when I hear your voice I'll be hearing a fabulous song.
More often than not a heart worn or heart sworn ballads of aged sincerity.
This is no exception fj.
The narrative is unsullied, the phrasing is uncluttered and the honesty is unmistakeable.
Loved it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, a love song. But much more than your typical, run of the mill love song smile

Love your vocal as always, and the harmonies are especially impressive.

And of course the production is always a pleasure, listened on both the 'phones and KRK's.

Good song, and nice artwork too!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Impressive beyond words...

Sounds like a single from an upcoming album.

"stories of prince charming
you never can forget
arthur and guinevere
romeo and juliet
love written in the stars
and poetry and prose
fairy tale princesses
the dreams that you held close"

Wow - very nice!

Bob

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
<< It's that, typically the songs aren't written to work with radio...so they don't.

I love it when a song comes together to THIS extent. I would say, in my opinion, without any hesitation "radio ready." >>

<< Sounds like a single from an upcoming album. >>

I see this as the fifth song from an album that produced four hit singles. It's that one on the album that you skip those four hits and jump straight to your favorite song on the album. You can't hear enough.

Great song. Great job all around.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Comments of any kind, you say? Well, here's one: you're a freaking genius (excuse my language).

This is far and away one of the most beautiful songs I've heard on here. You and a couple of others so-called miscreants on here create like there's no tomorrow. Come to think of it, the standard's incredibly high on here, but you're one of the few that are at the top of the very top. Why? Because you know how to speak to people when you write and you sing. No nonsense, no beating around the bush, no complicating things. You speak to hearts when you sing. And that's pretty unbelievable - many of us wish we could do the same. Bravo.

Not sure I could ask for nicer comments than that, James... Thanks!!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd Jane,

Very soft composition with catchy lyrics. The orchestration is very pleasant. Nice combination between realtracks and instruments played by you. In addition, your voice transcribes all your emotions and that's good. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I'm going to go a different way with my comments this time. All the "typical" applies to every aspect of the song. At this point, I expect nothing less. smile

I like "different". I'm trying to get there myself these days smile

Quote:

I know it's thrown around in the forums a fair amount to say "radio ready" but I am someone who does not say that often. It's not that I don't think a song or production isn't good enough to make it on the air. It's that, typically the songs aren't written to work with radio...so they don't.

I love it when a song comes together to THIS extent. I would say, in my opinion, without any hesitation "radio ready."

Coming from you, that does mean a lot to me... I spent years writing aiming at radio. I don't do that so much these days, but it is likely still reflected in the way I write (hopefully that is, overall, a good thing...)

Quote:

It's a beautiful song, written and produced REALLY well...all within 3 minutes.

Well done sir! I'm glad this song is in the showcase!

Thanks! I always enjoy hearing your thoughts on the Showcase songs... (and would love to see you post more yourself!!)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Just lovely. Nice acoustic playing and recording by the way.

Excellent vocal, relatable lyric, superb production and great writing.

Hope that covers it!

Peter

I think that DOES cover it! smile Thanks, Peter!!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You are the master of love songs Floyd.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another great one that gives us all an idea of what to aspire to musically. Nice progression and always that fantastic vocal that is as good as anyone performing today. Thanks!!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Another love song...........another winner!!!

As always, great write well produced and fantastic vocals.

moto

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,514
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195