Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#649715 - 04/02/21 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Janice & Bud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I am really glad you like this tune.
And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my orchestral arrangement.
I am always very encouraged by your kind words.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#649716 - 04/02/21 12:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Peter,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocal and YAMAHA student's guitar.

Best regards.

#649717 - 04/02/21 12:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Leon,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocal and arrangement.
I much appreciate your words "kind of like that famous song reimagined by Burt Bacharach."
I am very encouraged by your kind words.

Best regards.

#650002 - 04/03/21 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Kon'nichiwa Shigeki Adachi-san smile

My gosh!!!! This is such an impressive song and you sing it incredibly well.

I love the relaxed style of your vocals. There’s a hint of jazz in your presentation that I like a great deal.

While I don’t speak Japanese, I can hear that you’ve put a lot of effort into choosing words that flow from syllable to syllable. The language sounds that I’m hearing fit so well to the melody and glide so nicely from note to note.

Also as I listened, it seemed like the words you chose ended mostly with vowel sounds. Is this by design or do Japanese words end mostly in vowels?

As I was trying to work out what song your tribute was dedicated to, I narrowed it down to “Yesterday,” “Yesterday Once More” and “Yesterday When I Was Young.” I eliminated “Yesterday Once More” and then couldn’t decide between the other two. I was fooled by the hint of a French sound in your arrangement. As is often the case when I listen to your songs, Francis Lai and Paul Mauriat music came into my mind. This was why I thought that you might have dedicated this song to “Yesterday When I Was Young.”

That’s when I cheated. I scrolled down and found out it was “Yesterday”! Because I know that the melody of Yesterday’s A-sections is 7 bars long, I listened closely to what you did. I was impressed. At the seventh bar, you added a pause on all instruments. This gave a hint eight bars of music without destroying the feeling of seven bars of melody. From my point of view, that alone is worth a round of applause.

I really, really enjoyed listening to this composition.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Congratulations to the Yamaha guitar students, too. His playing was great!

#650013 - 04/03/21 10:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Shigeki,

What a terrific tune . . . really melodic and flowing. Wonderful production; great vocal. Just pretty to listen to. Very well done!

My very best to you,

Deej

#650747 - 04/08/21 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Trevor,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocal and the strings.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#650748 - 04/08/21 09:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Derochette,

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#650749 - 04/08/21 09:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Tangmo,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocals and harmonization.
I much appreciate your words "Mr. Mc would love this."

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#651062 - 04/11/21 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Shigeki ...

I have to confess I do not know what song this is a tribute to. But I do know I like it a lot! Your arrangements are always so full and vibrant. The strings are simply gorgeous. And the YAMAHA student did an excellent job on the guitar lead. Your vocal is perfect for the songt. It was a wonderful listen. You are such a marvelous music composer!

Wishing you the best.

Alan

Alan said EXACTLY what I was thinking!! Do not know the inspiration but LOVE this!! Such wonderful strings!! Take care. Greg

#651641 - 04/15/21 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Online   content
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Sounds good to me.

Well done.

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#651709 - 04/15/21 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
You're working on a very high level and it's all nicely on display here. I didn't know you sang, it's very, very good. Excellent work!

#651914 - 04/16/21 11:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Noel,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocals.

I think you are just like Agatha Christie in music.
You see through the musical composition tricks I've set up one after another.

Regarding Japanese, all Japanese words end in vowels.
Rather, all Japanese syllables consist of a combination of one consonant and one vowel or one vowel only.
So the first line of the lyrics is written in alphabets as follows.
"i - tsu - da - ro - o, a - i - sa - re - te - i - ta - no - wa"
If you want to know more about Japanese pronunciation, please see the link below.
https://www.coscom.co.jp/hiragana-katakana/kanatable.html

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#651916 - 04/16/21 11:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Deej,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocal.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#652803 - 04/23/21 10:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Greg,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocal and YAMAHA student's guitar.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#652804 - 04/23/21 10:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

CaptainMoto,

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#652805 - 04/23/21 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: 昨日のように (Translation: Like Yesterday), a tribute to a famous song [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

TuneMonger,

And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed my vocal.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили 80 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 стиля RealTracks, новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), записи профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances), поставляемые в качестве бонуса отдельные инструменты RealDrums (RealDrums "Singles"), транскрипции стилей RealDrums, набор мультистилей MultiStyles PAK 1, набор экстра-стилей Xtra Styles PAK 10 и др.!

новых | Пакеты

Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Forum Stats
34345 Members
67 Forums
69344 Topics
596011 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
koviky, Xerto, Robot, Lyle Bradford, Paul Harman

34344 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 200