Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#652212 - 04/19/21 05:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I've listened to this a few times, and I have to say it's one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

Love the arrangement, just so well done with all the percussive elements.

Janice sounds awesome, both the main vocal and harmonies, and love the tasty leads from Peter.

Great mix!!

Man, this is just so creative on every level.

ReggaBillyFunk? Yeah, I dig it wink

Well done, folks!

Thank you Dave. Your comments really help us feel our little genre mashup worked out. We appreciate you mentioning the percussion as it was an adventure smile. And we appreciate the support!

J&B

#652356 - 04/20/21 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: dcuny]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Late to this party!

Actually, I had a listen on Monday, but that bass started rattling my ears, so I thought I should wait until my allergies cleared up a bit. wink

Nice groove, love your voice, and the harmonies are cool!

I'd never have guessed the organ parts were from a guitar.

Exactly the clear mix that I've come to expect from Bud.

Interesting to read how you've replaced the kicks with a cajon. It works really well here.

I enjoyed several listens through. laugh

Thanks for mentioning the cajon -- Janice did a good thump on it and along with some Waves processing it seemed to work.
She much appreciates the comments about the vocals and, yep, Peter did a cool organ sim for sure. It certainly surprised us!
Thanks for the listens...

J&B

#652679 - 04/23/21 05:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Now that is quite the production with some very complex elements. Love the sound you all got on this one. Pete has again contributed his instrumental expertise and Janice her flawless vocals to make this unique and pleasurable recording.

That is most appreciated!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This has "THE SOUND"!!! Janice absolutely, absolutely KILLS the vocal parts!! Great guitar and mix too!! A GEM!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg,

J&B

#652854 - 04/24/21 07:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: mkg50 (Mike G)]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Top drawer track as usual - loved the vocals, production and PeterF's work.
Nice treatment of an oldie, though as a former bass player, I would have liked a bit more bass. But it's a whole new genre - ReggaBillyFunk - so what would I know.

Stay safe,
Mike

Thanks for all Mike!

As a mostly former bass player I would like more reggae bass RT's but there are only two choices -- one sw and one ev. And reggae bass was not something I ever played smile

J&B

#652912 - 04/24/21 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
NigelSpiers Offline
Journeyman

Hi Janice & Bud,

I really liked this song - lovely hypnotic rhythm.

Vocals - perfect for this song.

Instruments - all good.

Claps - unexpected claps on beat 3 when I expected them on beat 2. Is this typical for Reggae music?

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Nigel

#653053 - 04/25/21 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: 90 dB]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Brava! Excellent!

Regards,

Bob

Thanks for the cheers!!!

J&B

#653184 - 04/26/21 05:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: TuneMonger]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
An interesting and totally unexpected musical take on this, but the accomplished musicians therein were more than up to the task. As always the vocals and mix were cherry on this. Primo work!

Thanks! It was a fun genre mashup and we’re glad you liked it!

J&B

#653201 - 04/26/21 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
vicarn Offline
Journeyman

Hi all of you.
I listened to this a while back but can't offer any worthy suggs as it's way out of my genre and I don't know the original.
However, the vocal is as silky smooth as always and it's as punchy as it needs to be.
All I can say is "Well Done".

Vic

#653515 - 04/28/21 12:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter
I've been having a break from the Internet, so very late to the party. Now I'm back on line, I figured this was the obvious place to start catching up. I'm very familiar with Maria Muldaur's version of this song. Listening to your inspired take it wasn't the first time I've thought that Janice's voice has some of the same alluring qualities as hers. This is brilliant. Right up there with my all time favourite reggaefied country song; Toots and the Maytals' version of 'take me home country roads' ('take me home West Jamaica'). Oh yeah.
Regards,
Leon

#653668 - 04/29/21 08:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
All I can say is WOW! (Well, actually I'm just about to say quite a bit more...)

Talk about doing something outside your normal lane! This just proves how versatile you are. Great fresh arrangement. I just wouldn't have thought of doing a reggae version of this song. But it sure does work.

Love the percussion. Love the organ. And Peter, you seem to be channeling a little Clapton on this one.

As always, Janice, your vocals shine. I especially like your harmonies on this one.

Excellent mix, mastering, and arrangement, Bud!

Love this!

Steve

#653776 - 04/30/21 05:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: CaptainMoto]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Hey now!
That's a knee slapper!
Great job on the complex vocals.
amazing how a little clap can make such a big difference.

Loved it!

moto

Thanks! Glad you like the handclap. We thought putting it on that beat emphasized the reggae vibe a bit.

J&B

#653800 - 04/30/21 08:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Lawd have mercy. This is gonna make me shout and put my cape back on.

I gotta get some of this!

Yeah, I love it y'all!!

Great job.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#653939 - 05/01/21 05:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: animarorecords]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Your raggae is perfectly fits the traditional bluegrass/folk tune.
Janice's expressiveness is fully demonstrated in this song.
The arrangement and the mix are excellent.
Very creative!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki. It was a fun project and we are happy you enjoyed it.

J&B

#654220 - 05/03/21 05:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
Great, nuanced singing from Janice - as she always does. The reggae background is wonderful, too ... the guitar playing is perfect for this kind of track. I didn't know the tune (what's new there? haha), but the interpretation is top-notch. Production is crisp and clear to my ears. In short: a great job from everyone involved - you always set a high standard bar and meet or exceed it every single time. Well done!

Thanks!

We’ve enjoyed the occasional foray into reggae over the years.

J&B

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Janice & Bud,

I really liked this song - lovely hypnotic rhythm.

Vocals - perfect for this song.

Instruments - all good.

Claps - unexpected claps on beat 3 when I expected them on beat 2. Is this typical for Reggae music?

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Nigel

We appreciate your thoughts Nigel and are glad you liked it.

We added the handclaps to beat three as it seemed to accentuate the reggae rhythm ... at least within this project. From our somewhat limited reggae listening I don’t know if it typically done. Like Dylan said it seemed like a good idea at the time. smile

Thanks again!

J&B

#654362 - 05/04/21 06:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: vicarn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: vicarn
Hi all of you.
I listened to this a while back but can't offer any worthy suggs as it's way out of my genre and I don't know the original.
However, the vocal is as silky smooth as always and it's as punchy as it needs to be.
All I can say is "Well Done".

Vic

Thanks Vic! No sugs required at PG Music smile

BTW, it’s way outa our genre too but BiaB makes that easy!

Appreciate your support as always,

J&B

#654570 - 05/05/21 02:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Leon1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter
I've been having a break from the Internet, so very late to the party. Now I'm back on line, I figured this was the obvious place to start catching up. I'm very familiar with Maria Muldaur's version of this song. Listening to your inspired take it wasn't the first time I've thought that Janice's voice has some of the same alluring qualities as hers. This is brilliant. Right up there with my all time favourite reggaefied country song; Toots and the Maytals' version of 'take me home country roads' ('take me home West Jamaica'). Oh yeah.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon for the Maria mention! Regarding the whole reggae thing ... it's fun to pretend we know what the heck we are doing smile smile

J&B

#654580 - 05/05/21 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Now that was a fun listen. Something totally different but you three master musicians pulled it off perfectly.
Peter excellent guitar as normal but with a wha wha, fantastic.
Janice fantastic vocal as always and I was pleasantly surprised to here you play the cajon!
Bud fantastic mix as usual.

You all should be super proud of this, excellent work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#654817 - 05/07/21 05:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Steve Young]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
All I can say is WOW! (Well, actually I'm just about to say quite a bit more...)

Talk about doing something outside your normal lane! This just proves how versatile you are. Great fresh arrangement. I just wouldn't have thought of doing a reggae version of this song. But it sure does work.

Love the percussion. Love the organ. And Peter, you seem to be channeling a little Clapton on this one.

As always, Janice, your vocals shine. I especially like your harmonies on this one.

Excellent mix, mastering, and arrangement, Bud!

Love this!

Steve

Thank you Steve for your kind words, friendship and support over the years.

Best to you both!

J&B

#654911 - 05/08/21 06:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Lawd have mercy. This is gonna make me shout and put my cape back on.

I gotta get some of this!

Yeah, I love it y'all!!

Great job.

smile

:):):)

Thanks David!

J&B

Originally Posted By: MarioD

Now that was a fun listen. Something totally different but you three master musicians pulled it off perfectly.
Peter excellent guitar as normal but with a wha wha, fantastic.
Janice fantastic vocal as always and I was pleasantly surprised to here you play the cajon!
Bud fantastic mix as usual.

You all should be super proud of this, excellent work.

You are generous but we’ll take it! smile

Thank!

J&B

#654955 - 05/09/21 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Flower Station, Ontario
ChadHC Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Flower Station, Ontario
how fun is that! I liked the creativity and clean sound that supported the vocals so well. Great stuff!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Mac Special - ENDS TODAY (July 15th)

It's the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT TODAY (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 11 - Special Ends on Thursday!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs Special ENDS at 11:59pm PDT on July 15th!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

Order during our special and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special (ending July 15th), all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until July 15th, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Special - Ends Thursday!

It's almost over! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special ends this Thursday (July 15th)!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Thursday (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 59 of Your Problems Solved!

Are you wondering what's new with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows?

Watch our latest video, which presents a list of the 59 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

For a written Q&A list, visit our 59 of Your Problems Solved page for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Forum Stats
34659 Members
66 Forums
70154 Topics
605195 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
RRR1955, Peter King, dan076067, GIVEMBU, Mind Muzic

34659 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 129
Pipeline 123