Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
The Rhythm of the Road

The Band:

~425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120 *

Guitars and vocal: Dave Bell
Bass Guitar: Marty Straub, aka BabuMusic
Drums: EZDrummer2

* I used both the simple and normal variation of this RT. the simple one is playing during the verse and is acting mostly as a pad.

Mixed with Reaper, mastered with Ozone9 and LMC.

The Rhythm of the Road - 2021 Dave Bell

On the road again, you know that I like to roam.
from the streets of London, to saint peters square in Rome
so much to see, so many amazing places you can know
A million miles away, to the rhythm of the road

I got a brand new car, you know that I'm gonna go far
from sea to sea, travel by the light of the stars
so much to see, so many amazing places you can know
at the end of the day, I relax at the hotel bar

Chorus
I can't stand still, I'm always on the move
I need the rhythm of the road, to get me into the groove
It's the life I chose, I hope that you approve
The rhythm of the road, really gets me into the groove

Head on out, so many places you can go
The rhythm of the road, the more you travel the more you know

The rhythm of the road
The rhythm of the road
The rhythm of the road

All comments welcome!

EDIT: Updated the mix as per suggestions from Floyd, thanks, Floyd! Still need to add some volume envelopes to better control the vocal but that will need to wait for another day.

Edited by BlueAttitude (05/11/21 07:29 AM)

#655211 - 05/11/21 05:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave,

Love the intro! Great rock / blues song. Your vocal is perfect and the your guitar sounds large and in charge. Some awesome licks. Marty's bass provides a nice balance and foundation.

Enjoyed every minute!

Bob

#655216 - 05/11/21 06:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Howdy Dave....

You and Marty did a fine job on this one.
Catchy rhythm, good axe playing from you and Marty.

I like it....well done.

Have a great day....

Edited by chulaivet1966 (05/11/21 06:02 AM)

#655222 - 05/11/21 06:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Marty...

Groove and rhythm - solid! Cool song.

Marty's bass sounds great, as always. Dave's guitars (all of them) sound great. Nice lead - cool tone.

A few times I thought the drums could have been (very slightly) louder.
Organ was nice (again).

Good job on the vocals, Dave.
I thought the vocal was (again, just slightly) "too up front" for the style/genre - a little "above" the rest of the mix.

Listened several times. After a while, that groove really gets into your soul...

fj

#655262 - 05/11/21 03:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave

Some stellar melodic playing on this and Marty & your Rhythm guitars propel the song forward in sync with the lyric.

Nicely done all round and the mix sounds good.

Catchy chorus.

Peter

#655271 - 05/11/21 06:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Y'all can really cook in minor. I approve of your choices. smile Great fun listens.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#655278 - 05/11/21 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune Dave. Super vocal and guitar work was awesome. Loved Marty's bass lines. Really liked the way you mixed this tune. Separation of the instruments was really cool. Just pumped my monitors.

#655280 - 05/11/21 08:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice stereo imaging! Good groove, easygoing vocal. Bass moves things along. Mellow mix - smooth!

Cool solo, subtle harmony at the end.

Well done! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#655312 - 05/12/21 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
A great driving beat welcomes this song to our ears.

Nice job on all parts. A lot of team work was obviously involved.

Great job, team.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#655334 - 05/12/21 11:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Hi BlueAttitude,

It is a very beautiful composition that you offer us on this site. The singer's deep voice goes wonderfully well with the musical arrangement. It is very well done and very pleasant.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#655343 - 05/12/21 12:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
We like to head out riding county dirt roads and trying to get lost (gotta not look at google maps smile ) So this tune had Janice immediately saying the whole vibe made her want us to hit the road.

So here goes the redundant stuff: the vocal/bass/guitar performances are perfecto for the write and as good ole Gregg used to say, "everybody is hittin' the note!"

Good work with the organ. Sounds like something you'd hear with Joe. Hard to get that vibe from those RT's but you did it well with using both variations.

We enjoyed the listens! Excellent mix.

J&B

#655382 - 05/12/21 05:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Dave & Marty

Sounds to me like L.Cohen on serious steroids. Fun theme and great drive. Vocals A+! Spectacular guitar lines. Bass is perfect.
I did not hear prior version, but mix is excellent to my ears. Really like this one. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#655403 - 05/12/21 07:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Another good one, guys. Nice vocal, Dave and great playing by you and Marty. The organ is a really nice touch.
Regards,
Leon

#655410 - 05/12/21 09:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
If this wasn't classic blues rock I reckon the main riff'd be ace for power pop.
Nice tweaking of the organ.
I can hear the Cohenness...song wise it'd fit his I'm Your Man album tone wise it's another beautiful best.
The vocal phrasing and chords remind me of a great power pop band you'd not have encountered:
https://youtu.be/FRazvQ8Pai0

EXCELLENT!
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#655432 - 05/13/21 03:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave,

Love the intro! Great rock / blues song. Your vocal is perfect and the your guitar sounds large and in charge. Some awesome licks. Marty's bass provides a nice balance and foundation.

Enjoyed every minute!

Bob

Thanks, Bob!

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy Dave....

You and Marty did a fine job on this one.
Catchy rhythm, good axe playing from you and Marty.

I like it....well done.

Have a great day....

I think this is the first time you have listened to one of our songs, thanks very much!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Marty...

Groove and rhythm - solid! Cool song.

Marty's bass sounds great, as always. Dave's guitars (all of them) sound great. Nice lead - cool tone.

A few times I thought the drums could have been (very slightly) louder.
Organ was nice (again).

Good job on the vocals, Dave.
I thought the vocal was (again, just slightly) "too up front" for the style/genre - a little "above" the rest of the mix.

Listened several times. After a while, that groove really gets into your soul...

fj

Hi Floyd,

I have a hard time mixing my own vocal, mostly because I'm not used to hearing my voice. Deep down I want to bury it in the mix 'cause it sounds strange to me, so I try and compensate for that by going the other way :p

Thanks for the advice, I bumped the drums up by 2db and dropped the vocal by 1db. Might tweak it more later after I've lived with this mix for a while.

Glad you liked the song! smile

#655463 - 05/13/21 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Let's roll!!!

A rock'n toe tapper with some excellent guitar work.

Nice work everyone.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#655475 - 05/13/21 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
[quote=rsdean]I have a hard time mixing my own vocal, mostly because I'm not used to hearing my voice. Deep down I want to bury it in the mix 'cause it sounds strange to me, so I try and compensate for that by going the other way :p

Thanks for the advice, I bumped the drums up by 2db and dropped the vocal by 1db. Might tweak it more later after I've lived with this mix for a while.

Hey Dave....
I have listened to several others of yours and you gents have good quality, appealing material for my preferences and obviously work quite well together.

TBH....I was going to say the same thing that FJ pointed out but you didn't necessarily *ask* for specific comments so I didn't get presumptuous with my *mix* thoughts.
This new mix is a much better one...far more balanced to my fossilized ears.
Well done!

On your 'vocal' comments. smile
I hear you...it's difficult for me to keep my lead vox up front where it should be.
I'm quite self conscious of my singing. (figure of speech only smile )

Have a great day weed hoppers....

Edited by chulaivet1966 (05/13/21 08:18 PM)

#655482 - 05/13/21 09:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave & Marty,
A great groove you have going here- love those twin rhythm guitars and the strong bass line- it really puts me in the mood to get out there.
Vocals are relaxed and sitting nicely in the mix.
Excellent travelling music!

Robert

#655536 - 05/13/21 05:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That's a sweet song. Nice....

Loved the groove and really tasty solo and great tone.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#655544 - 05/13/21 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Rhythm of the Road [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Nice y'all!

Some strong rockin' blues. Well played, well sung and well mixed!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® - DAW Plugin 3.0 New Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 DAW Plugin offers great new features including enhanced audio rendering, support for displaying two chord types, the ability to change audio output channels, and we've added table view buttons. Now you can Import MIDI markers and tempo map, export chord markers as a MIDI file, generate all ungenerated tracks, and much more!

Learn all about the new features added to the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® DAW Plugin 3.0: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® - DAW Plugin 3.0 New Features

Read about the new features.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2021: New Features Video - Extended Version!

The complete Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac New Features Video is ready!!!

With 80+ new features, there's a lot to discuss - so grab a snack & something to wash it down with and watch Tobin explain everything new for version 2021: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Video: "New Features, RealTracks, and Additional Content!"

Prefer to read?
Read the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: Everything you need to know in less than 6 minutes!

Take a few minutes to learn about the 80+ new features and content added to Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

To celebrate this new version, we're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Upgrade purchases until June 30, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Introducing XPro Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Introducing XPro Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Great news! We've created a collection of 100 styles that work with the Band-in-a-Box Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 1 greatly expands your Band-in-a-Box® style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

AND IT IS ON SALE UNTIL JUNE 30TH! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 to your collection for only $29... that's 40% off our regular price of $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 1 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2021 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Using Windows? Click here for your XPro Styles PAK 1 page.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac is Here!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 11, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until June 30, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac

Read the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download
Read the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Users Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

Customers LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more! In fact, here's what people are saying...

I LOVE the double-time comping electric piano!

Everyone should have these!

These are a must have!

Half and double time styles - yes!

Love what I'm hearing! My compliments to the producer that created them.

These are AWESOME!

Nailed it!

Some really great sounding country styles here!

There are some great styles in this XtraPAK.

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st!

During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows special, all our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more and order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users should install the latest patch update, which includes support for Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows (on sale until May 31st - learn more here)!

We've also updated the Song Titles database, resolved user-reported issues for various drum features, and more.

Learn more & download the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 833 for Windows.

Forum Stats
34496 Members
66 Forums
69596 Topics
600089 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
offaxisdude, drmsa, FireDoodTrkr69, Angus, Rutter

34495 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 215
Matt Finley 179