Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#657817 05/29/21 06:40 PM
Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)
U
OP Offline
U
Using the AU plugin with the latest version of Digital Performer in OS 10.12.6, style =CBG_FID, the song is programmed to go to the 'b' drum pattern at bar 26 and stay there through bar 42. It doesn't. It goes to the 'b' pattern at bar 26 but switches back to the 'a' pattern at bar 32. It did this even after I cleared the plugin from the project, reinstated a new instance, and put in the chords again. I can fix it by copying and pasting, but why is this happening?

Part deux - working on this same song, I had to cut 13 measures after doing an edit on the track. (I'm adding BIB tracks to a guitar/vocal recorded to a click track.) I googled 'how to delete measures'. It says:

"Highlight the measure, then "Edit>Delete Measure". In the Dialogue Box, insert the number of measures you want to delete."

Using the AU plugin, there is no "delete measure" option in the DP EDIT menu, and I can't find an EDIT menu in the plugin. There is a 'delete measure' option with a right-click on the measure, but no dialogue box to enter the number of measures to be deleted. I had to delete them one by one. (I suspect I should have highlighted all 13 measures before the delete command. I'll try that next time.) When I was done, I re-rendered the song and the tracks came out blank, but with a snippet of audio on the very ending, and the tracks were about 1/3 shorter than the song.

At least I can copy and paste an edited BIB chart into a new instance of the plugin and start over with no issues, but it would be nice if I didn't have to. smile

Is there a PDF manual somewhere for the AU plugin? That might help.

Last edited by uncledunc; 05/29/21 06:43 PM.
uncledunc #663244 07/07/21 05:58 PM
U
OP Offline
U
New bug: After building a song in linear fashion - 112 bars - I found a wrong chord in the middle of the song. When I typed in the new chord, a chord 8 bars earlier also changed. I hit 'undo' and tried it again. Same result. That's when it dawned on my why my chords weren't always lining up correctly - change a chord, and a different chord somewhere else also changes. Gotta keep your eyes open!

Bar 32 bug is consistent. I program the 'b' drumbeat at bar 27 and switch back to the 'a' drum beat at bar 52. BIB switches back to the 'a' drumbeat at bar 32. I suspect it's because when I open a new instance of the plugin, the blue box for the 'a' drumbeat is already there at bar 32. The first thing I do with a new instance of the plugin is set the length and uncheck the blue box at bar 32 but the plugin isn't getting the message.

ETA: Just noticed another one. I programmed two one-measure stops at the intro: D... and A... . The next measure, the drums start, but the kick is absent on the downbeat - just a little blip like half of a hi-hat. I can C&P to fix it, but really?

If anyone else is having these bugs in DP10, and if they went away in the 2021 version of BIB, let me know. In the mean time, it would be nice if BIB sent a fix for these bugs without us having to pay to upgrade. (I'm on build 426 of BIB 2020)

To clarify, I love what this software can do, but it feels like it's been put together with duct tape and bailing wire.

Last edited by uncledunc; 07/08/21 08:27 AM.
uncledunc #664471 07/16/21 02:19 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
the app is windows centric. way too many dialog boxes. seems to be out of the early 2000s. the mixer UI is amateur. clunky. I'm sure it would not be too to ask to have it look like a real console. and act like one. like a lot of these apps, BB has a lot of legacy features so someone who has been using it for a while won't get lost. and you a right about the plugin. it has cost me two expensive upgrades and the thing still doesn't perform well. where's an Apple coder when you need him. j.

uncledunc #664863 07/19/21 10:13 AM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Thank you for the feedback uncledunc! Here is a link to some resource videos for the plugin which I suggest you watch to get a better understanding of how it works: https://www.pgmusic.com/support.bbplugin.htm

I have tested the issues that you reported here and unfortunately I cannot seem to replicate any of them. Perhaps another user could confirm whether they are having the same sort of issues. The latest version of the plugin is v3.7.23, if you are using an older version, please upgrade to the latest release version. It would also be helpful if you could post a short video outlining the issues you're describing. You can post a video to this forum or email it to me at aguy@pgmusic.com.

U
OP Offline
U
Working on a new track, it's the same thing. I have programmed the b drum pattern to start at bar 26 and run though bar 49. The b drum pattern starts at bar 26 but goes back to the a pattern at bar 32. I have build 426 of the 2020 version. It does this on every single song I use it on. when I open the plugin, the blue 'a' box is already there at bar 32. Perhaps they need to get rid of that, since it seems to stay no matter how the song is programmed.

See my post in the Mac forum on real tracks N/A. I may have found a work around that should be on your FAQ page.

uncledunc #664991 07/20/21 05:26 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Adar I found several RDs last year the did the same thing. it seemed that they would revert back to the "A" style early or even randomly at times. For the life of me I can't remember the solution but it seemed that some RDs have some small unusual style issues at times.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Rob Helms #665063 07/20/21 06:58 PM
U
OP Offline
U
This time, I tried adding a 'b' green box at bar 32 and then snipped out the drum fill during editing.

uncledunc #665089 07/21/21 05:41 AM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Hi uncledunc, could you please email your song to me at aguy@pgmusic.com so I may take a closer look?

U
OP Offline
U
Did it again on a new song, switches back to the 'a' pattern at bar 32. Also, after going back to the 'a' pattern at bar 39, (the way the song is programmed) it gives me a random fill at bar 40. It did a similar thing later in the song - a random fill where none is programmed.

I also had to do the drum track workaround to get rid of the drums N/A message - right click on the drum track in the plugin window - go to choose a new drum track - choose the track it can't find - now it can find it.

I'll email the song. Video at the link.
https://youtu.be/ityZyzfIToM

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,347
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213