You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#658912 - 06/04/21 09:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Resolved]
Paolo Leva Offline

Hi, I just bought the MegaPak and installed everything on my new MacBook (M1). I even upgraded to Build 503.
But Almost all RT styles are N/A. I rebuilt everything, I reinstalled everything, I even tried to point to the RealTracks folder manually but nothing helps.
Here is a screen of my StylePicker:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xiMHVBEmbIuWhepwydiIDYHy3aomMwKP/view?usp=sharing
I don't even get the standard styles in the list of "Band Styles"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QNj-TcbZUSfltBWXHG8-7K3PU7WcEJgF/view?usp=sharing
Can anyone help?

#658914 - 06/04/21 09:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Paolo Leva]
Loc: Worcester, United Kingdom
TRYUK Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Worcester, United Kingdom
I just upgraded to Build 503 and installed all the new Paks. I cannot find a single thing that is not available. Did you do a standard install or choose a different location for the data?

If I want all of the data on an external drive I do a standard install and just drag the BiaB folder to a drive, delete the BiaB folder from Applications and then launch from the ext HD.

BiaB UltraPak+ 2022 Mac, (609) + pretty much everything extra.

Yamaha SLG200S - Arturia KeyStep 37 - M-Audio Oxygen 49
Logic Pro X - 10.7.7 - Dreamtronics Synthesizer V Studio Pro 1.8.0

#658918 - 06/04/21 09:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Paolo Leva]
Paolo Leva Offline

I made a standard install, only using defaults. I do not use external drives.
I see all the data in subfolders under the "Applications/Band-In-A-Box" folder, so everything looks OK.
When I rebuild the RealTracks I get a message saying:
"332 RealTracks have folders in /Applications/Band-In-A-Box/RealTracks/, but no r*.st2, r*.xt2 files in the BB Soloists folder..."
But I see them in the /Applications/Band-In-A-Box/Soloists, so this is not helping me. And the problem is not the soloists track but the basic accompaniment tracks.

#658936 - 06/04/21 12:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Paolo Leva]
Loc: Sillie Con Valley, California
Mike Halloran Offline
Expert

Loc: Sillie Con Valley, California
Originally Posted By: Paolo Leva
I made a standard install, only using defaults. …
That does not tell us exactly where you installed, however.

Is everything installed on your System drive in the default location? Is everything installed on your System drive in a different location? Did you get media from PG Music and originally install from that? Which version of BIAB do you have.

The Mac installers have major issues and will often report success only for you to find empty folders or others not properly updated. The only consistent success I have ever had is installing onto the media from PGM, then copying over to the location on my Mac where I really want things.

#658950 - 06/04/21 02:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Paolo Leva]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Hello Paolo,

Your screenshot shows that you have (for example) _JWALTZP.STY, which is included in the MegaPAK. It shows that you do not have SLOWBAL.STY, which is included in both the Pro and the MegaPAK and should appear under "Ballads") in your screenshot. This suggests that you missed installing the "Pro 1" and possibly "Pro 2" package.

Regarding the Bonus PAK styles, there are some that use RT's that are only available in the UltraPAK.

#659020 - 06/05/21 01:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Paolo Leva]
Paolo Leva Offline

Mike -> Everything is installed under "/Application/Band-in-a-Box" which is the standard location

Andrew -> One funny thing is that in the files I downloaded from PGMusic there is one called "realtracks_pro_1.pkg" and one called "realtracks_pro_2.pkg".

But when you double-click the one called "realtracks_pro_1.pkg" the installer says "Welcome to the Pro RealTracks 2 Installer" and the text below is "RealTracks [ Pro RealCombos Installer 2 ]"

And when you double-click the one called "realtracks_pro_2.pkg" the installer says "Welcome to the Pro RealTracks 1 Installer" but below it says again "RealTracks [ Pro RealCombos Installer 2 ]".

Is it possible that something went wrong with the distribution and the packaging of the installer?

#659283 - 06/06/21 01:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Andrew - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

You're right, thank you for reporting this.

The problem is now resolved. Please re-download this one file (RealTracks Pro 1) from your download page or pgmusic.com account. No need to download any other file again.

#659287 - 06/06/21 02:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Paolo Leva Offline

Thanks, I confirm that the problem is solved.
Many thanks for your excellent service!
Cheers,
Paolo

PG Music News
Customers Love Band-in-a-Box®!

Wow - we've been receiving some great feedback from Band-in-a-Box® users!

"I've had Band-in-a-Box for past 5 years. One of the best musical investments I've made. Has been great for writing songs, practice and jamming. I use mostly the real tracks and very little of midi."

"This program has gotten better every year for the past thirty years and I couldn't live without it now!"

"I've been using it since 1991 which was a primitive DOS version for midi development through midi keyboards. It has kept me upgrading ever since and 2023 is amazing. I'm always learning and always amazed."

"I just picked up the 2023 BIAB Pro, and have started educating myself on its intricacies and upgrades from previous versions. WOW!! What a writing toolbox! I am just so impressed so far."

"Love the new features in 2023! Started using Band in a Box way back in the early nineties. This program has been to the moon and back since then. Thanks!"

"This box contains the best bandmates! They are always ready to chat with you!"

"One of my best tools for composing arranging and playing!"

"Have you met my Band? they are here on BIAB.... always on time for gigs lol!"

"Awesome program that you'll never regret!"

"This is the best for whipping up a quick jam track!"

...and more!

Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Forum Stats
37098 Members
64 Forums
77153 Topics
683995 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ks88, KNL, dj001, TapNTyme, JameAmenda

37097 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 157
MarioD 144