I've been making "exercise music" on my Macs for a long time, and am looking to make a bunch with BIAB, just for personal use.

Back in the 90s I took the entire amazing Takenaka collection of Beatles MIDIs, set BPMs within walk-pace range, and bounced them all into MP3s that I'd listen to while choogling around with a Rio®. This had occasionally ghastly results, like on "Hey Jude", but the goal was not to make good music! This is private, purely functional stuff that nobody but me will ever hear.

Then I messed with generating exercise audio by mixing fixed BPM drumming with ambient, floaty Brian Eno material, or bells ringing at fixed BPMs but with different rhythms for left and right, like 2 against 3 or 3 against 4 (to mess with mental patterns and force constant redistribution of physical effort.) Some Stravinsky, "Rite of Spring" with power drums by Logic!

Obviously BIAB would be great for making this kind of thing, and I'm trying to figure out how to approach it. What I have so far is a 20 minute piece with a band playing one chord and a soloist soloing, augmented by Logic pitch-tracking to create new MIDI parts and Logic's Drummer bot. Clip here: https://soundcloud.com/mark_hayes/workout120-clip I'm hoping to find a workflow that lets me crank these puppies out fairly quickly, so I can just pick BPM/style combinations on the go for workouts.

PS – I'm not really evil, and I'm not trying to Kill Art or anything like that. This is Gebrauchsmusik, Music for Use!