Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#668992 - 08/18/21 02:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11!
Loc: Victoria, BC
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I'm sure everyone has heard the news, but Microsoft will be releasing their latest operating system, Windows 11, later this year! We've got a preview version of Windows 11 here, so we thought we'd try out Band-in-a-Box to see how well it works. Watch the video below to see it for yourself!

We're pretty excited for Windows 11 here, how about you?

#669002 - 08/18/21 03:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Thanks for sharing. Good to hear.

SoundCloud

#669021 - 08/18/21 04:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Thanx for showing us that it works in Win 11 or maybe I should say it works thus far!

I am not excited about Win 11. My computers will not accept Win 11.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#669030 - 08/18/21 05:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: MarioD]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thanx for showing us that it works in Win 11 or maybe I should say it works thus far!

I am not excited about Win 11. My computers will not accept Win 11.

It's true that a lot of computers people have purchased over the last couple years won't be able to run Windows 11 based on the requirements here posted up by Microsoft, but with how fast technology is advancing these days, I'm sure that it'll only be a matter of time before that changes as machines that meet these requirements will inevitably become the standard on the market.

We're glad that we were able to showcase that BIAB will work on Windows 11 to put people's minds at ease, even if people aren't yet ready or able to make the switch just yet.

#669041 - 08/18/21 08:21 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11!

This is no good ! haven't they learnt anything from Apple ?
You must screw it up so previous software will no longer work and all software developers on planet Earth will need to work overtime weeks/months on end to get their apps to work on the new OS.
My God, you don't want this getting out to Mac users they will be shocked and wonder what on Earth is going on. Nah, this couldn't be right !
Just imagine if Mac worked like this, both programs would be way ahead in development as PG would not be spending valuable development weeks/months wasted for each new Mac OS update/upgrade trying to get it working because of what dumbass Apple does to stop apps from working anymore.

#669044 - 08/18/21 09:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Expert

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Quote:

You must screw it up so previous software will no longer work and all software developers on planet Earth will need to work overtime weeks/months on end to get their apps to work on the new OS.
My God, you don't want this getting out to Mac users they will be shocked and wonder what on Earth is going on. Nah, this couldn't be right !
Just imagine if Mac worked like this, both programs would be way ahead in development as PG would not be spending valuable development weeks/months wasted for each new Mac OS update/upgrade trying to get it working because of what dumbass Apple does to stop apps from working anymore.

Never mind Pipeline. Windows didn’t totally mess it up. As I understand it you need a newish PC to get Windows 11 to run at all. Who said they couldn’t learn a trick or two.

#669061 - 08/18/21 11:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Teunis]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#669070 - 08/19/21 03:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Loc: Ohio
DSM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
How about RealBand?

BIAB looks really great!

...Deb

#669242 - 08/20/21 02:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
I've watched several of these but not all so maybe there's another opinion. All the ones I watched say yes, they can make it work now on an old PC but since this is an early developer version MS could, and probably will tighten up the TPM requirements in the release version.

This is just FYI as I'm planning on building a new PC anyway because I want the latest hardware security with a new OS to implement it correctly. I know the majority of retired folks are not that concerned about it but I'm still doing some online tax work and I need that. Hacks are going on 24/7, day in day out and will continue as long as it's profitible for them.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#669246 - 08/20/21 02:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

I have followed the link to see compatibility, But it says coming soon ?.

#669283 - 08/20/21 06:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: jazzmammal]
Loc: Buford, GA
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I've watched several of these but not all so maybe there's another opinion. All the ones I watched say yes, they can make it work now on an old PC but since this is an early developer version MS could, and probably will tighten up the TPM requirements in the release version.

Bob

I'm with you, Bob. I am sticking with Win10. Those "workarounds" to get Win11 installed on a machine that does not support the requirements will eventually bite you (you know where)and this will render your computer useless and you'll have to revert back to Win10.

None of these "hacks" are foolproof.

Good video to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH0bAeEm1Jw

Edited by MikeK (08/20/21 06:55 PM)

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2021

#669303 - 08/21/21 12:04 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If it gets to a stage like Win7 where it's no longer supported and you can't afford to upgrade your hardware you may very well be thankful that there are "workarounds". I remember doing this on Mac's to run a newer OS. You don't have to allow them to steer you the way they want you to go, like steering all the cattle in one direction.

#669332 - 08/21/21 05:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Pipeline]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

Pipeline.
yep...i'm a renegade too. .
also my wife likes me being a renegade bad boy...lmao.
i dont like to be controlled in any way.
thats why i refuse to buy music software products with
those usb dongles and other very intrusive control schemes.
but i DO believe in paying for and supporting what i use.
eg pg products and reaps.

best
om

#669400 - 08/21/21 01:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: DSM]
Loc: Philly
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
No issues here. Looks/works exactly the same as on Win 10.
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#669418 - 08/21/21 02:29 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: justanoldmuso]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Don't get me started on those darn dongles, they are great aren't they, go out to do a job and forget your dongle and you're stuffed thank God for Reaper and you get the gig recorded.

You can put 11 on your current hardware with the patch then down the track you might get a good deal on newer hardware then you just replace the motherboard.

#669445 - 08/21/21 07:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Pipeline]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Don't get me started on those darn dongles, they are great aren't they, go out to do a job and forget your dongle and you're stuffed thank God for Reaper and you get the gig recorded.

You can put 11 on your current hardware with the patch then down the track you might get a good deal on newer hardware then you just replace the motherboard.

You obviously have not watched the video I posted. Watch starting at 7:05 minutes into the video.

If you get a hand on the dev version, there is no telling what's in the official release that may cause your "hack" not to work.

Also, I am probably not alone being in a financial situation to buy a new MB.

Just food for thought.

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2021

#669457 - 08/21/21 11:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: MikeK]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

That was the first video in the list I posted.
Don't be disheartened and give up as there is always hope if hack01.0 don't work there will be a hack02.0. Where there is a will there is a way and I would say there are millions of wills out there, so if users want to use Win11 on old hardware they will.
ps. you don't just upgrade Win10 without having a clone to fall back on.

#669723 - 08/23/21 01:22 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: DSM]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Quote:

I think they're saving that for when they drop Windows 13 next year. No Windows 12, just straight on to 13 for good luck. crazy

Originally Posted By: DSM
How about RealBand?

RealBand seems to be working fine as well, as does the BB plugin. I'm still doing some testing and will create another short video for each at some point soon.

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
I have followed the link to see compatibility, But it says coming soon ?.

Windows 11 is currently in Beta/Pre-release, so it is not officially available quite yet.

Thankfully Pro Tools no longer requires a physical iLok and can be authenticated via the cloud - though this requires an active internet connection at all times. I'm out of the loop on other programs though, so I don't know if others like Cubase still require a hardware E-licenser.

Originally Posted By: MikeK
Also, I am probably not alone being in a financial situation to buy a new MB.

That's absolutely true, not to mention that not everyone wants to upgrade - I have a perfectly good 6-core i7 desktop that won't run Windows 11, only because my Asus P9X79-Pro motherboard doesn't have TPM built in. I could upgrade the CPU and Ram to a 12-core Xeon and 64gb ram and it would absolutely fly, but still won't officially run Windows 11 (unless I can find one of the TPM add-on chips for it).

Don't be disheartened and give up as there is always hope if hack01.0 don't work there will be a hack02.0. Where there is a will there is a way and I would say there are millions of wills out there, so if users want to use Win11 on old hardware they will.
ps. you don't just upgrade Win10 without having a clone to fall back on.

Both are very good points, though from my technical support standpoint we suggest not upgrading to Windows 11 unless your hardware supports it, as there could be many unforeseen issues that could prevent BIAB and other audio apps from working properly.

#669726 - 08/23/21 01:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

I think they're saving that for when they drop Windows 13 next year. No Windows 12, just straight on to 13 for good luck. crazy

Sorry, but FAQ #207 forbids computer humor on this site.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#669730 - 08/23/21 01:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

"from my technical support standpoint we suggest not upgrading to Windows 11 unless your hardware supports it, as there could be many unforeseen issues that could prevent BIAB and other audio apps from working properly."
Then you simply plug the Win10 cloned drive back in same as you would do on Mac when things don't work anymore and companies are taking ages to make the app compatible with this week's new OS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35000 Members
66 Forums
71279 Topics
618274 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
CBLM Holy Family, grenouille, an_thunder, ged1200, apexel

35000 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 289