Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#552350 - 09/01/19 05:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Is it true that this is limited to major and minor triads? No 7ths and no upper extensions?
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#552351 - 09/01/19 05:49 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Is it true that this is limited to major and minor triads? No 7ths and no upper extensions?

It picked up the 7th chords in my song.

I tried another song that has 9th chords and it missed them, flagged them as 7th chords.

#552372 - 09/01/19 09:04 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Ok, that's a start. Thanks.

Can it distinguish major seventh from minor seventh? In a 9th chord, will it at least recognize whether it's a dominant seventh or a major seventh?
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#647723 - 03/20/21 02:53 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: Matt Finley]
StrummerG Offline

I use Chordify often, especially during low-attendance jams to verify chords shown by Ultimate Guitar. The UG lyrics are usually right, but their contributors' interpretations of the chords to songs often leave much to be desired! I've sent in recommendations for changes to both programs.
In Chordify, most useful chord types are available and usually correctly detected, except for augmenteds. That 1-3-#5 configuration is not on the list. Case in point: Guess Who's 'Laughing' - augmenteds used throughout, but not detected by Chordify.
At my low-attendance jams (often just two of us!) I play an arranger keyboard, and spend too much time searching the 1000-odd style options for a useable style to deliver an appropriate combo for the song we choose at random from the UG list. I wish the UG &/or Chordify presentations would at least suggest a starting point: rock, shuffle, 6-9 ballad, beguine, etc. etc. Chordify does present the BPM of the arrangement (usually from Youtube) it magically deconstructs in its pro edition, which is useful.
Any other users of these great apps?

#648461 - 03/25/21 08:52 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Andalusian
Gsus Offline

Loc: Andalusian
Personally I use it for popular songs and it tends to measure up, some hearing correction and you already have the chords.
For more complex songs like jazz or bossa I consider it less effective, but in general it is a great advance for musicians.

Another program like the ones that have been discussed here is mychord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8AYWkt2DIA

#672219 - 09/09/21 06:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: Gsus]
Jaxback Offline

I am brand new here and not a great tech. I want to know if I can import songs from Chordify to Band in a box and how. Would sure save time typing!
A problem is Chordify will work on my iPad or android phone, but not on my AirMac.

Or is there another program that does this.
Thanks

#672230 - 09/09/21 07:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

YES.

So, I went to the site, saw a Luke Bryan song, and saw that Chordify Premium is $1.79 a month, a whopping $20 a year subscription.

Below are screenshots for the web freebie, and the BIAB file using the midi I received for, let's say, 5 cents.

It is very close to what is on Ultimate Guitar (both the web and the midi) and with a few tweaks I am sure it will be fine.

So let's see. I pay 17.95 a month for Netflix and never watch it because I am trying to decode songs. So, hmmmmm...do I spend $1.79 a month to let a robot do 95% of the work for me.

Or do I gripe and complain that they missed the Sus 4 add 11 MajMin9th augmented 5 chord???? (Ok, yes that was silly.)

Floyd, my answer:

Yes. Get it.

Also answers my other question on another thread.

Anyone doing current songs in BIAB using current styles?

Yes.

Me.

Now.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#672238 - 09/09/21 07:48 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Or do I gripe and complain that they missed the Sus 4 add 11 MajMin9th augmented 5 chord???? (Ok, yes that was silly.)

You missed diminished. LOL!!!

Do you realize that a good night of sleep is nothing more than the human version of "Turn it off and turn it back on again"?

#672255 - 09/09/21 08:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: eddie1261]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Ooops. You are right!

As some of the posters here might have said, I was:

WRONG!!!!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#672275 - 09/09/21 12:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

You can do it for free with the audio chord wizard

#672281 - 09/09/21 12:54 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I have tried that ACW tool 8-10 times and it has never come CLOSE to recognizing the chords correctly. Once with something as simple as a 1-4-5 12 bar blues song.

Do you realize that a good night of sleep is nothing more than the human version of "Turn it off and turn it back on again"?

#672284 - 09/09/21 01:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: eddie1261]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

No Eddie!

Wrong!!!

You did it all WRONG!!!!!

How dare you use Audacity and Reaper and Audio Chord Wizard!!

WRONG!!!!

Wait, where am I????

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#672303 - 09/09/21 03:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I thought diminished chords were called demolished chords. Same thing, right?

One show I played with no conductor, the actors said, give us a chord. So I said, D Major and we played ta-da.

Then they did something else interesting and motioned for a chord, so I called E major. Ta-da. All good.

Then they really botched the next gag so I called for Eb Diminished. Ta-da…..

Big laugh.

#672316 - 09/09/21 04:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: Matt Finley]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Dude,

Only a musician would get that joke.

You know that right??

smile

Oh wait, I guess actors do too.

Never mind!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#672349 - 09/09/21 09:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: eddie1261]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I have tried that ACW tool 8-10 times and it has never come CLOSE to recognizing the chords correctly. Once with something as simple as a 1-4-5 12 bar blues song.

The trick with the acw is to get the tempo map right 100% BEFORE attempting to get it to recognising chords.

#672405 - 09/10/21 12:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Another trick to using the Audio Chord Wizard (ACW) is to manually set beat 1 of bar 1. Many songs have a lead in so the audio starts before bar 1. If the ACW starts its analysis at the lead in the rest of the analysis will never be correct.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#672413 - 09/10/21 01:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.

One show I played with no conductor, the actors said, give us a chord. So I said, D Major and we played ta-da.

Then they did something else interesting and motioned for a chord, so I called E major. Ta-da. All good.

Big laugh.

Great joke! grin

SoundCloud

#672415 - 09/10/21 01:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: MusicStudent]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Big laugh.

Great joke! grin
Yeah, and I kept the job! The things you do at 20.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35005 Members
66 Forums
71286 Topics
618374 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Klaus Mikaelson, Bkroy25, Gerry1952, modernishmael, Moacir

35005 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 272