Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#676821 - 10/07/21 07:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] JAZZ STYLE
swingbabymix Online   content
Journeyman

Do you often use JAZZ STYLE?
I personally think that this JAZZ style is very much in BB, but I rarely use it.
Jazz style is also difficult for him to integrate into other types of music.
I mainly use POP music style feel.

What is the music style you use most often?

#676827 - 10/07/21 09:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Maybe Jazz practice ?

#676836 - 10/08/21 02:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Loc: Hampshire, UK
Gordon Scott Online   content
Apprentice

Mostly I use Jazz styles. Without them, I would probably not be using BiaB at all.
AVLinux: Saffire Pro 40.
Win8.1: BIAB2021 UltraPAK, Scarlett 8i6.

#676840 - 10/08/21 03:51 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

I use many different styles in my music. Why should I restrict myself to only one type? Music is universal, and so are the musical styles.
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#676844 - 10/08/21 04:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: VideoTrack]
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

I use many different styles in my music. Why should I restrict myself to only one type? Music is universal, and so are the musical styles.

I think there are too many jazz styles grin

#676845 - 10/08/21 04:58 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I use mostly jazz styles when I use styles. Sometimes I just choose individual RealTracks and make my own sound (which can be saved as a style).

BIAB started as a program to play jazz fake books, but over the last two decades I think they have made a terrific effort to balance the RealTracks and styles they add. For every time I read there is too much jazz, someone says there is too much country or too much rock guitar etc.

If you want to make suggestions for new sounds, just go to the Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Forum. For best results, give them a song link so they know what the sound is.
BIAB 2022 Win Audiophile & Mac 21 UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#676857 - 10/08/21 05:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Look at JJazzLab it was made by Jazz guys same as Biab but they both have other styles, it's not ALL Jazz. I like all the genres Biab has I just move in a different way to them smile

#676871 - 10/08/21 07:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Same here.

Also the genres are not built in stone. I've used country styles in jazz and rock songs, jazz styles in country and rock songs, etc.

Explore various styles and have fun.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#676887 - 10/08/21 08:42 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
The set of styles I use the most are the BLANK styles.

BLANK styles do not have MIDI patterns, MIDI patch numbers, RealDrums, MIDI SuperTrack or RealTrack instrument assignments or loops.

BLANK styles do include time signature (3/4 or 4/4), feel (even or swing), key signature (C) and tempo.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#676955 - 10/08/21 06:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Jazz styles are really fun to play with! Music classes in school usually start with a focus on jazz or classical, and ours was the former many moons ago when I was in school still. I also like using the various rock styles!

#676993 - 10/09/21 12:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Jazz styles are really fun to play with! Music classes in school usually start with a focus on jazz or classical, and ours was the former many moons ago when I was in school still. I also like using the various rock styles!

Maybe I don't listen to jazz very much
I always think Jazz feels the same grin

#677004 - 10/09/21 02:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Loc: Germany
MoveToGroove Offline
Apprentice

Haha - that's what I often think about Pop laugh

Edited by MoveToGroove (10/09/21 02:02 AM)

#677049 - 10/09/21 10:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Gordon Scott Online   content
Apprentice

I fully acknowledge the grin.

You may listen to more than you think. There are all kinds of jazz and fusion styles around. Some people say they hate jazz, but they think "trad jazz" is all there is, or "cool jazz".

The fact that you're experimenting with BiaB, suggests your mind is likely receptive to other music styles.

These may offer an insight into variation:
https://youtu.be/ItvpE5PCQk0
https://youtu.be/o5cELP06Mik
https://youtu.be/yp6JEdp6mZw
https://youtu.be/eE_D6Kve1SM
https://youtu.be/TDrzQwq8dz4
https://youtu.be/WhudDa3JAyc
https://youtu.be/KRLwsSbqlwo

Edited by Gordon Scott (10/09/21 10:37 AM)
AVLinux: Saffire Pro 40.
Win8.1: BIAB2021 UltraPAK, Scarlett 8i6.

#677130 - 10/09/21 09:47 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: Gordon Scott]
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
I fully acknowledge the grin.

You may listen to more than you think. There are all kinds of jazz and fusion styles around. Some people say they hate jazz, but they think "trad jazz" is all there is, or "cool jazz".

The fact that you're experimenting with BiaB, suggests your mind is likely receptive to other music styles.

I personally like these music very much. Good to hear.

However, if these songs are very different from many popular songs now.

Please note. I don't hate JAZZ music, I also like it very much, but I think it's almost the same. In fact, I prefer modern songs full of personality.

Now young people may prefer cooler music. Cool music, I don’t know if you can understand what I mean. Modern songs sound more vibrant. Happier, more suitable for dancing, more suitable for shooting short videos, more in line with modern trends.

The following songs are loved by young people all over the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwWNGJdvx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31crA53Dgu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papuvlVeZg8

There are many examples of similar songs. These are the music that young people all over the world like now. In the car, in the shopping mall, any place is often heard. Cheerful! hapiness! modern!

However, when opening BIAB, you can clearly feel that BIAB's STYLE is mostly different from these. Maybe this is the style of BIAB? BIAB just likes to produce more JAZZ? This is suitable for more people to practice songs?
I don't know this, because the future direction is completely in the hands of the BIAB team.

#677136 - 10/09/21 10:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Mark Hayes Offline
Journeyman

These are the music that young people all over the world like now. In the car, in the shopping mall, any place is often heard. Cheerful! hapiness! modern! However, when opening BIAB, you can clearly feel that BIAB's STYLE is mostly different from these. Maybe this is the style of BIAB? BIAB just likes to produce more JAZZ? This is suitable for more people to practice songs?

Please understand that for many old people all over the world, music serves to help us come to terms with our impending deaths. We also find old-fashioned JAZZ music useful in stimulating digestion and promoting regularity.

#677137 - 10/09/21 10:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: Mark Hayes]
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
These are the music that young people all over the world like now. In the car, in the shopping mall, any place is often heard. Cheerful! hapiness! modern! However, when opening BIAB, you can clearly feel that BIAB's STYLE is mostly different from these. Maybe this is the style of BIAB? BIAB just likes to produce more JAZZ? This is suitable for more people to practice songs?

Please understand that for many old people all over the world, music serves to help us come to terms with our impending deaths. We also find old-fashioned JAZZ music useful in stimulating digestion and promoting regularity.

This is a very good thing. Everyone will get old, and I will get old slowly in the future.

But my mom and dad are 70 years old and they also like this kind of music. Not only do I like to listen, but I also dance with him, although we don't understand what he is singing, even I am Asian.

I suddenly had an idea. Is there a few more versions of BIAB?

BIAB senior version for old people

BIAB pop Version for Young People grin

I made a joke, grin
any form of music is the best gift of life.

I found another nice song, share it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyHvyGVs42U

Edited by swingbabymix (10/09/21 10:37 PM)

#677142 - 10/09/21 10:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
Mark Hayes Offline
Journeyman

I made a joke, grin

Words fail.

I guess I at least need to clarify that my previous post was sarcastic.

Old people do not actually listen to JAZZ to help them poop.

#677145 - 10/09/21 11:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: Mark Hayes]
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
I made a joke, grin

Words fail.

I guess I need to say that my previous post was sarcastic.

Old people do not actually listen to JAZZ to help them poop.

grin grin

I thought it was real.
But I found that reggae music is really good.
Reggae music makes me beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5irTX82olg

And this classic old song, I think it’s no problem to make it with BIAB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obi4iELWJ3Y

#677158 - 10/10/21 01:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: swingbabymix]
MoveToGroove Offline
Apprentice

swingbaby,

there are a couple of factors that shaped modern pop of these days, in particular:

• If you want to remember something new, you need a structure in which you can integrate that new thing (synapses). The more different synapses you already have for a specific topic, the easier you can remember new things of that topic. The average listener / the mass has built up a relatively low number of music-related synapses. Therefore the mass needs simple melodies and simple progressions to be able to adopt a song (this has almost always been the case, so this first factor is not very specific for nowadays). Only if the mass adopts a song, it becomes POPular => Pop
  • Within the last two decades, it became more and more difficult to find melodies that don't violate any copyright. So the music producers even more resign from distinctive melodies.
  • The internet made it easier to rip a high number of songs, so that more and more people refused to pay money for songs.
  • Digital music software with all those ready-to-use-loops made it easier for people with a low knowledge of music theory to produce songs, and social networks made it easier to distribute them. So from that side, the market has been flooded for a while, so that many people from the mass have built up synapses for that stuff, which was mostly made upon a low overall number of quite simple progressions.
  • Streaming platforms then made almost every professionally produced song cheap and very easily available, so that radio and TV don't generate a commonly shared knowledge of music anymore. And with tools like Spotify's Release Radar, people don't get out of their own music-clouds anymore. The lowest common denominator for a song to reach into the majority of these clouds is ... a low number of quite simple progressions.

This all more and more merged together then. So now, many professional music producers say to themselves: "Why making at least medium creative songs, if that takes quite long to do, enhances the risk for very expensive copyright lawsuits and will currently not be adopted by the mass as much as simpler songs - and that all while the mass would even prefer to do illegal things than to pay the small amount of one appropriate dollar per song?"

Even artists who perform relatively simple music, often don't listen to that genre privately. That counts not only for Pop Music, but e.g. also for some Rock musicians or some Country musicians.

Many people's usage of vocabulary like "Cool" derives more from what a person grew up with than from some objective criteria. And "Modern" is often not more than what the mass adopts currently, but doesn't automatically stand for a high degree of creativeness.

I agree on one thing: If PG wants more customers, it should get better known among younger people. That includes more styles etc. which the kids are used to (many of them? - well, at least superficially, since there are not sooo many essential differences between those songs, as explained above). But it also includes a couple of other critical aspects.

Edited by MoveToGroove (10/10/21 02:21 AM)

#677168 - 10/10/21 03:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JAZZ STYLE [Re: MoveToGroove]
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: MoveToGroove
swingbaby,

there are a couple of factors that shaped modern pop of these days, in particular:

• If you want to remember something new, you need a structure in which you can integrate that new thing (synapses). The more different synapses you already have for a specific topic, the easier you can remember new things of that topic. The average listener / the mass has built up a relatively low number of music-related synapses. Therefore the mass needs simple melodies and simple progressions to be able to adopt a song (this has almost always been the case, so this first factor is not very specific for nowadays). Only if the mass adopts a song, it becomes POPular => Pop
  • Within the last two decades, it became more and more difficult to find melodies that don't violate any copyright. So the music producers even more resign from distinctive melodies.
  • The internet made it easier to rip a high number of songs, so that more and more people refused to pay money for songs.
  • Digital music software with all those ready-to-use-loops made it easier for people with a low knowledge of music theory to produce songs, and social networks made it easier to distribute them. So from that side, the market has been flooded for a while, so that many people from the mass have built up synapses for that stuff, which was mostly made upon a low overall number of quite simple progressions.
  • Streaming platforms then made almost every professionally produced song cheap and very easily available, so that radio and TV don't generate a commonly shared knowledge of music anymore. And with tools like Spotify's Release Radar, people don't get out of their own music-clouds anymore. The lowest common denominator for a song to reach into the majority of these clouds is ... a low number of quite simple progressions.

This all more and more merged together then. So now, many professional music producers say to themselves: "Why making at least medium creative songs, if that takes quite long to do, enhances the risk for very expensive copyright lawsuits and will currently not be adopted by the mass as much as simpler songs - and that all while the mass would even prefer to do illegal things than to pay the small amount of one appropriate dollar per song?"

Even artists who perform relatively simple music, often don't listen to that genre privately. That counts not only for Pop Music, but e.g. also for some Rock musicians or some Country musicians.

Many people's usage of vocabulary like "Cool" derives more from what a person grew up with than from some objective criteria. And "Modern" is often not more than what the mass adopts currently, but doesn't automatically stand for a high degree of creativeness.

I agree on one thing: If PG wants more customers, it should get better known among younger people. That includes more styles etc. which the kids are used to (many of them? - well, at least superficially, since there are not sooo many essential differences between those songs, as explained above). But it also includes a couple of other critical aspects.

In fact, I really like the reggae style music in BIAB.
But the drums in BIAB are not very good.

I replaced it with a more modern drum, which immediately felt modern.

That kind of Latin music is my favorite. They have many elements. It feels like dancing.

I recorded a video, take a look

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Forum Stats
35208 Members
63 Forums
71723 Topics
624868 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
msmcleod, More Cowbell, Guitman321, guibs, Max4910

35208 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 433
Matt Finley 245