You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#677860 - 10/15/21 12:08 AM [User Showcase] Song Without Words
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

See if you like this one (or not, haha). All feedback welcome - thanks for listening!

https://www.beatstars.com/beat/song-without-words-9547196

Song Summary:

Key=C , Tempo 80, Length (m:s)=3:12
No intro. 60 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 60. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Key Signature,Volume Changes,
Style is _SATURN.STY (Saturn '90s R 'n' B Piano Ballad)

RealTracks in style: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1767:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 085
Loop in Song: Pop-Soul-RnB\R n B - slowjam_a_62_f drums ev16.wav
Loop in Song: Pop-Soul-RnB\R n B - slowjam_c_62_a drums ev16.wav

#677892 - 10/15/21 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
James,

I like your use of the BIAB loops. You might want to look for more (loops) to add "interest" as the tune progresses. I heard one change-up (which was good). A few more would be nice...

The chord changes in the middle of the piece are "odd". At first it sounded like you were about to do a modulation, but then it doesn't. The chords seems out-of-place (or out of the natural progression). A bit too odd for my ear.

Mix is good.

fj

#677900 - 10/15/21 09:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Delsono...

I get what Floyd was communicating to you about your latest post through his comments smile. I felt the same way myself at first. And then, I gave it another listen, and heard it completely differently.

Now, I think this composition of yours is the most musically sophisticated instrumental piece I've heard from you.

To my ears, emotionally speaking, it has the rising and falling arc of someone reaching for hope and resolution, and then dipping into despair, or doubt, only to reach upwards, again, over and over, which I believe is the result of your chord structure that seems to chart a musical course that alternates between a major/minor feel.

And yet, the melody as expressed by the acoustic piano performance possesses a light 'pop' sound that seems to reassure the listener that 'everything's gonna be all right' in the end.

I'll be auditioning this intriguing, timeless-feeling track, again. It's rather irresistible and unexpected.

Edited by bluage (10/15/21 09:53 AM)

#677913 - 10/15/21 12:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Pretty song James. Lots of potential here.

#677963 - 10/15/21 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This is a pretty solid song, and you utilized the program well! It's very smooth sound. There's so much you can do with this! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Thanks for sharing!

#677999 - 10/16/21 04:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
James,
This is recognizable as your composition: you have a personal feel/style when it comes to tempo and chord progressions. Your setting up of and then defeating expectations part way through works for me..after all you return home elsewhere.
There's something very classically aware in the combination.
Again, those open chords are JD 100%

Edited by rayc (10/16/21 04:15 AM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#678002 - 10/16/21 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Man, there are so many emotional changes in one 3-minute piece. It's as if you took a whole life and brought it to music. Musically, at least in a more traditional sense, this seems chaotic, without resolution. But as a musical portrayal of one soul's sojourn in an emotional body, this illustrates the epitome of that experience in a way no painting could. So, if I assess it solely by what I'd expect from music, I'm not a fan. BUT as an emotional representation of what it means to be human, I'm all in. You make this music visually pleasing, James. That ain't easy without words directing our attention.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#678021 - 10/16/21 08:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Emotionally inspiring and well produced, James. Something a little different from you.
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --

#678062 - 10/16/21 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Very nice James. I liked the chord progression, the piano, and the bass. But that drum on the 2nd and 4th beat drove my crazy, well more nuts than I normally am. I think if you replace that drum track with something different you will have a real winner. YMMV

But still this is a very good piece of music.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#678123 - 10/17/21 05:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song Without Words [Re: musician17]
musician17 Offline
Expert

My word, where do I start?

floyd: I can only say that the "odd" chords were indeed deliberate. That said, if they "scratch the hearing", that's no good. I'll look at it again, just to make sure it's what I want!

Loren: you're way, way, way too kind. I will send you a Private Message soon. But - again - thank you for such kind words.

Scott: thanks!

Ember: thanks! Without BIAB, none of this would be here!

rayc: yeah, it's got my stamp by now, haha. Not sure if that's good or bad for me, because it may mean that I'm repeating myself, musically ... but ... there we are. Thanks for such nice comments, I'm glad you liked it!

Marty: WOW. My goodness. Such high praise. You're very kind, but I'm also flattered and happy when a song of mine strikes someone like that. Not all of them do it, but to have such words coming from a musician like you has made not only my day ... I think it's made my month, at the very least! Been on an euphoria trip since. Thank you, so, so much.

Ed: thank you!!! Appreciate your words - you are yet another that has so much God-given talent, so to hear such words from you makes me fly :-)

MarioD: I agonised over those drums! But - I decided to leave them in - I felt I needed something to drive the thing ... otherwise it could have become too mushy and sentimental? Mind you, I'll listen to it again, just to make sure :-)

You are all WAY too kind. Honestly. Not only because there's been praise for the song, but because you actually take of your own time to help along. And, of course, without BIAB, we wouldn't be here. Cheers, all.

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Forum Stats
35193 Members
63 Forums
71644 Topics
624181 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
kittyjkat321, Dange, ShemS76, pbwang1947, Dominique29

35193 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 419
Matt Finley 243