Page 1 of 2 1 2
#691608 12/16/21 09:59 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Most styles are composed of five musical instruments.
1:BASS
2: Piano
3: Drum
4: Guitar
5: Guitar (others)
But there is another possibility that the third is not a drum, and there is another sound of 6. Don't use this style. For example, the latest 2022 has a style:
_ GYRATE. STY. Gyrate Funky Dance Guitars

If it's another style, follow it_ GYRATE. STY. Gyrate Funky Dance Guitars
There will be problems.
Because its 3 is not a drum, but guitar1, and the other 6: guitar3
This causes a mute error problem.
Once I saw that it was still the 2022 style

I didn't understand why I wanted to put this style grin

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-12-17_154017.jpg (311.44 KB, 296 downloads)

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Expert
Expert
Excellent style, with its loops and funky guitars. No problem, I love it!

Last edited by Marco76; 12/16/21 10:30 PM.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Expert
Expert
And in some places I added 1438: Piano, Electric, Soloist Jazz Funk Groovin DblCrch Bin 110 and it's huge !!!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Oh, I tried it after I saw the post, and just love it!!!!!

It is now one of my favorites.

SwingBabyMix, do have the loops needed for this style? Loops add-on packages

...Deb

Last edited by DSM; 12/17/21 01:19 AM.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Marco76
And in some places I added 1438: Piano, Electric, Soloist Jazz Funk Groovin DblCrch Bin 110 and it's huge !!!

Listen alone. I like it, too.

The problem I'm talking about is that if it is mixed with other styles, there will be a "silence" problem

Expert
Expert
I still don't understand anything you're talking about. Translation issue. Limitation of google translate!
I don't change my style, I like this style. If I add more instruments it goes very well too. If you want to use the medley function, it still works fine. I changed my style with the same demo grid and it works perfectly, so I don't see your problem.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: DSM
Oh, I tried it after I saw the post, and just love it!!!!!

It is now one of my favorites.

SwingBabyMix, do have the loops needed for this style? Loops add-on packages

...Deb

yes. i have loop.
This is a good style
But if you mix other styles, silence will appear

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

How you do that ?

Veteran
Veteran
This IS a fun style... love it! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
Veteran
Swingbabymix, please consider doing two things:

1. describe what you mean by the 'mute error problem', 'silence problem' or 'silence will appear'
2. give us the exact steps to reproduce this, and tell us what we should see (or in this case, not hear)

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Swingbabymix, please consider doing two things:

1. describe what you mean by the 'mute error problem', 'silence problem' or 'silence will appear'
2. give us the exact steps to reproduce this, and tell us what we should see (or in this case, not hear)

video:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
1111.mp4.mp3 (7.82 MB, 15 downloads)

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Marco76
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

How you do that ?

If you put this style behind other styles, you will find the problem. Here is a video, remove the suffix mp3

1111.mp4.mp3 (7.82 MB, 13 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
OK, I will bite.

First, nice video.
Second, I have no idea why the Silence tracks appear, but my question is much more basic, why do we even have a Silence RT?
Third, in the past the Mixer did not display the changes done in bar settings. Is that what we are seeing here?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
It IS a nice video. Great job. I would like to know what software was used to create the video.

Dan, I think you are correct, in the past we would not have seen a change in the mixer.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
It is displayed Silence, but the right guitar is playing in the right place. Not sure that's a problem. Andrew has already explained this story of Silence according to the styles chosen / modified.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Andrew/ PG Music

Hi,

The reason that this happens is the style _GYRATE uses the 'Drums' track for a guitar, and Band-in-a-Box can't change the track from RD to RT, so it defaults to using "silence" for the first style. "Silence" is correct for the Melody track because the first style doesn't have an instrument on the Melody track. There are some ways you can work around the Drums track issue, by copying it to another track for example and muting / unmuting it when needed.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
OK, I will bite.

First, nice video.
Second, I have no idea why the Silence tracks appear, but my question is much more basic, why do we even have a Silence RT?
Third, in the past the Mixer did not display the changes done in bar settings. It that what we are seeing here?

<< why do we even have a Silence RT? >>

RT1152:silence RealTrack is used for programming audio selections by BIAB. It allows BIAB to 'see ahead' selections of RealTrack audio to be muted so the mute/unmute transitions are smooth and do not abruptly end or begin or cut off audio phrases. It has been acknowledged in posts in the past that using RT1152 is preferable to using Bar Settings Mute/Back to Normal function always resulting in better transitions and thus avoiding unnecessary regenerations or audio editing due to poor transitions created using Bar Settings Mute/Back to Normal selections.

RT1152:silence is also used as a place marker RealTrack when styles are changed on the Chord Chart during a song. This is due to one style having an instrument that another style is not intended to have an instrument playing on that particular track. Therefore, to prevent the first styles instrument to continue playing once the second style has been loaded, the second loads RT1152 to mute that track. That's why a user will see Silence appear as an instrument on a track. It's because the style has been changed and RT1152:silence is recognized by BIAB the same as any other RT is. BIAB is behaving normally in the demo attached because of the style change that's made.

I promise, it's not a bug and it's been around for years... it shows up often with MultiStyles.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/17/21 06:07 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

<< why do we even have a Silence RT? >>

RT1152:silence RealTrack is used for programming audio selections by BIAB. It allows BIAB to 'see ahead' selections of RealTrack audio to be muted so the mute/unmute transitions are smooth and do not abruptly end or begin or cut off audio phrases. It has been acknowledged in posts in the past that using RT1152 is preferable to using Bar Settings Mute/Back to Normal function always resulting in better transitions and thus avoiding unnecessary regenerations or audio editing due to poor transitions created using Bar Settings Mute/Back to Normal selections.

RT1152:silence is also used as a place marker RealTrack when styles are changed on the Chord Chart during a song. This is due to one style having an instrument that another style is not intended to have an instrument playing on that particular track. Therefore, to prevent the first styles instrument to continue playing once the second style has been loaded, the second loads RT1152 to mute that track. That's why a user will see Silence appear as an instrument on a track. It's because the style has been changed and RT1152:silence is recognized by BIAB the same as any other RT is. BIAB is behaving normally in the demo attached because of the style change that's made.

I promise, it's not a bug and it's been around for years... it shows up often with MultiStyles.

Charlie

I see it all now. Thank you.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
So, to sum up: there is no error, nothing is broken, and there is no reason for anyone to avoid using this style.

Misunderstood. I don't mean this style.
Just because it put a guitar on the track of the drum
When mixed with other styles, there will be no sound in this track.
Because it makes people feel that the tracks are unequal.
BIAB's official publicity on 2022 focuses on "all tracks are equal"
Therefore, I suggest that the official do style in the future and try to avoid using the track of the drum to put the guitar. Otherwise, silence will appear

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes

Your original post warns users not to use a certain style because it will cause an "error".

It turns out there is no error, nothing is broken, and there is no reason for anyone to avoid using this style.

You just didn't understand what was happening.

Next time you encounter unexpected behavior, consider that you may just need to learn what's going on, and refrain from immediately assuming there is a problem with BIAB that you need to warn people about.

Exactly, I couldn't have said better!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,808
Posts737,517
Members38,590
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JumpinJackP, xristos69, Eliana Davis, Nao incomodem mais, minimashi
38,589 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 161