Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
However, how does BIAB only change the orbit of guitar1?
Several ways this can be done.
01. change the substyle (A to B substyle)
02. Change the Style (Use a MultiStyle)
03. Change the RealTrack that uses the same instrument but plays a different orbit.

Why did I change the style and the whole music changed?
Because the Style changed into a different style altogether.

How can I change the style, but only one track?
Modify an existing style by changing the instrument on only one track and save the modified style as a new style.

Hello teacher.
Are there any related operation videos? Without video guidance, I find it difficult for me to do it.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< Are there any related operation videos? Without video guidance, I find it difficult for me to do it. >>

I'm unaware if there are any more videos.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: MikeK
I just think that some new users rely on the more seasoned users to do the research (and learning) for them. The easy way out for new users, in my humble opinion.

Of course, the seasoned often welcome basic questions as a way to show off their seasonings. =8^)

I'm not saying that's bad! People like to be helpful, they like to show off their hard-earned expertise, and there's the whole "we were all new once / pay it forward" thing.

A problem, though, is when the question is unclear or ambiguous, you can wind up with a team of well-intentioned experts trying to guess what the OP meant, delivering possible solutions based on whatever it might have been, and things can get pretty chaotic and confusing, especially when spread out over many separate threads.

Lol, if I'm 'showing off' my expertise it's because this question is neither unclear or ambiguous to the 'seasoned' and it's very obvious I'm not guessing what the OP means. So far in this discussion, nothing chaotic nor confusing. If you consider yourself to be 'unseasoned' because you find this basic question to be unclear or ambiguous, my recommendation is you should post less, read my posts and learn.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
<< Are there any related operation videos? Without video guidance, I find it difficult for me to do it. >>

I'm unaware if there are any more videos.

I am reviewing 《Part 1/2: Boot Camp" video tutorial for band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows》

At 11:27 seconds, he talked about a new mute method, aimed at utility pianoroll mode.

I didn’t notice it last time, maybe this is a more convenient way to mute the sound.

Expert
Expert
LOL [...] If you consider yourself to be 'unseasoned' because you find this basic question to be unclear or ambiguous, my recommendation is you should post less, read my posts and learn.

What an obnoxious response.

Thanks to MusicStudent and MikeK for theirs.

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 12/23/21 01:44 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Separate to other replies, some helpful, some less helpful, I'll offer this:

With RealTracks, the original musician records many different musical phrases in different keys with many different variations. These are stored as short audio segments in many different files on the computer hard drive. When the user enters chords for a song, the program extracts the audio segments and 'stitches' them together to form a playable instrument.

When the guitar has been recorded, the performer has also recorded different variations of 'energy levels' into different Sub-Styles. There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

The Part Marker tells the program which sub-style to extract from the recorded segments. When the song starts, the first 8 bars use music segments recorded under sub-style 'a'. At bar 9, the program extracts music segments from sub-style 'd'.

The reason the guitar technique changed is simply because the performer originally recorded different variations in technique for the 4 different sub-styles. The variations may have also included different playing techniques and also the use of effects pedals, such as distortion, overdrive, fuzz etc to get the difference in sounds for each of the sub-styles.

Open up this folder on your computer, and you will see many different audio files

C:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastChugging Ev 150\

These are all of the variations of the individual recorded musical passages that were performed and the program 'stitches' the required ones back together to suit the chords and the sub-styles in the final song.

Hopefully, this provides a helpful response to the O/P, which is what they were looking for. I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

This is not that kind of forum.

Other users may subsequently follow this thread and might read the response as to how the sub-styles operate, and it hopefully may be beneficial to them. Frankly, I consider myself far from a 'seasoned' member prepared to 'show off' anything. I'm just a forum member who sees helpful responses are the better approach than being critical of newer users' questions, and possibly admonishing them for not having a better understanding.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Separate to other replies, some helpful, some less helpful, I'll offer this:

With RealTracks, the original musician records many different musical phrases in different keys with many different variations. These are stored as short audio segments in many different files on the computer hard drive. When the user enters chords for a song, the program extracts the audio segments and 'stitches' them together to form a playable instrument.

When the guitar has been recorded, the performer has also recorded different variations of 'energy levels' into different Sub-Styles. There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

The Part Marker tells the program which sub-style to extract from the recorded segments. When the song starts, the first 8 bars use music segments recorded under sub-style 'a'. At bar 9, the program extracts music segments from sub-style 'd'.

The reason the guitar technique changed is simply because the performer originally recorded different variations in technique for the 4 different sub-styles. The variations may have also included different playing techniques and also the use of effects pedals, such as distortion, overdrive, fuzz etc to get the difference in sounds for each of the sub-styles.

Open up this folder on your computer, and you will see many different audio files

C:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastChugging Ev 150\

These are all of the variations of the individual recorded musical passages that were performed and the program 'stitches' the required ones back together to suit the chords and the sub-styles in the final song.

Hopefully, this provides a helpful response to the O/P, which is what they were looking for. I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

This is not that kind of forum.

Other users may subsequently follow this thread and might read the response as to how the sub-styles operate, and it hopefully may be beneficial to them. Frankly, I consider myself far from a 'seasoned' member prepared to 'show off' anything. I'm just a forum member who sees helpful responses are the better approach than being critical of newer users' questions, and possibly admonishing them for not having a better understanding.

thanks for the reply.
Now there is a problem, such as A, B, I can control and change the drum by myself.
But it can't control instruments such as guitars, which is more random. The drums of the A section and the B section are different, obviously, and can be controlled by yourself, but the instrument cannot. Right-click and click the color vertical bar, there is no instrument selection.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-12-20_201217.jpg (169.11 KB, 282 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
My initial thoughts are that this is because there are only two sub-styles recorded for this particular instrument style? Not all styles have more than two sub-styles.
Does that explain?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
My initial thoughts are that this is because there are only two sub-styles recorded for this particular instrument style? Not all styles have more than two sub-styles.
Does that explain?

Yes, each style is different, this is not the point.
I mean, I find that the melody of each style changes, but I can't control his changes. But the drum can be controlled.
Is there any way to control it, or that this is random

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

I thought there was only A, B
Because I found that C and D are the same
Then if I load the CD, it’s like this
Does it mean this? Because there are usually four variations of styles by default? a,b,c,d ?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-12-20_204837.jpg (244.04 KB, 262 downloads)
2021-12-20_205003.jpg (179.63 KB, 262 downloads)
2021-12-20_205017.jpg (178.62 KB, 262 downloads)

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< Now there is a problem, such as A, B, I can control and change the drum by myself.
But it can't control instruments such as guitars, which is more random. The drums of the A section and the B section are different, obviously, and can be controlled by yourself, but the instrument cannot. Right-click and click the color vertical bar, there is no instrument selection. >>

<< Is there any way to control it, or that this is random? >>

There are several ways to control it. I'll show you the method I think is the fastest and most way; Use the RealTrack Medley Maker.

Here are the steps:
Project Setup:
01. Open a new project
02. load the Heeldig.sty Demo file
03. Change the number of Choruses from 3 to 1 (this isn't necessary but it speeds up generating the song)

This demo will control and change Guitar 2 > 2625 Guitar, Baritone Electric, RhythmBluesBoogieBass and Licks ev 100
Medley Setup:
04. Select the Guitar 2 Track in the Mixer
05. Open the RealTracks Picker
06. Verify that Guitar 2 is the selected track and then click the Medley Button

Create the Medley:
07. Set the "Change RealTrack at every" bar to 8 Bars
08. Verify the first slot has Guitar 2 > RT2625 filled in
09. In the second slot, type in 2501, select the 2501 guitar and OK
10. In the third slot, type in 3351, select the 3351 guitar and OK
11. The RealTrack Medley Page should look like the attached screen shot (without the arrows)
12. Click OK to exit the RealTrack Medley Page
13. Confirm the Medley is active by observing small writing beside the Medley Button
14. Close the RealTrack Picker
15. Generate and Play the Heeldig.sty Demo

The result is every 8 bars (which in this SGU file also changes PartMarkers), the track containing the 2625, Guitar, Baritone will change to the next Medley instrument. The first change is Bar 9 - (RT2501, a soloist instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. The second change is Bar 17 - (RT3351, a Rhythm instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. These instrument changes will continue to rotate every 8 bars until the end of the song.

Charlie

RealTracks Picker.png (274.87 KB, 265 downloads)
The RealTracks Picker
Medley Instrument Selections.png (21.5 KB, 265 downloads)
Medley Instrument Selections

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
The C/D for display only - doesn't do anything other than change the color of the PartMarker so the User can use the color change as a marker for identifying changes to the Chord Sheet - perhaps to designate verses from choruses, or to designate an instrumental section of a song with vocals.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
<< Now there is a problem, such as A, B, I can control and change the drum by myself.
But it can't control instruments such as guitars, which is more random. The drums of the A section and the B section are different, obviously, and can be controlled by yourself, but the instrument cannot. Right-click and click the color vertical bar, there is no instrument selection. >>

<< Is there any way to control it, or that this is random? >>

There are several ways to control it. I'll show you the method I think is the fastest and most way; Use the RealTrack Medley Maker.

Here are the steps:
Project Setup:
01. Open a new project
02. load the Heeldig.sty Demo file
03. Change the number of Choruses from 3 to 1 (this isn't necessary but it speeds up generating the song)

This demo will control and change Guitar 2 > 2625 Guitar, Baritone Electric, RhythmBluesBoogieBass and Licks ev 100
Medley Setup:
04. Select the Guitar 2 Track in the Mixer
05. Open the RealTracks Picker
06. Verify that Guitar 2 is the selected track and then click the Medley Button

Create the Medley:
07. Set the "Change RealTrack at every" bar to 8 Bars
08. Verify the first slot has Guitar 2 > RT2625 filled in
09. In the second slot, type in 2501, select the 2501 guitar and OK
10. In the third slot, type in 3351, select the 3351 guitar and OK
11. The RealTrack Medley Page should look like the attached screen shot (without the arrows)
12. Click OK to exit the RealTrack Medley Page
13. Confirm the Medley is active by observing small writing beside the Medley Button
14. Close the RealTrack Picker
15. Generate and Play the Heeldig.sty Demo

The result is every 8 bars (which in this SGU file also changes PartMarkers), the track containing the 2625, Guitar, Baritone will change to the next Medley instrument. The first change is Bar 9 - (RT2501, a soloist instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. The second change is Bar 17 - (RT3351, a Rhythm instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. These instrument changes will continue to rotate every 8 bars until the end of the song.

Charlie

Very detailed. My operation was successful. This is the first time I have learned about the function of medley.

However, I think there are two problems.
First: Choose the guitar 2501, 3351, whether it matches the style perfectly, this test sounds more troublesome.

Second: He can only play in the order of the insertion list, but cannot choose by himself.

So, I think it is more appropriate to directly use the latest 2022 function multiriff instead of this function?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
The C/D for display only - doesn't do anything other than change the color of the PartMarker so the User can use the color change as a marker for identifying changes to the Chord Sheet - perhaps to designate verses from choruses, or to designate an instrumental section of a song with vocals.

Let us return the question to the beginning of the article. It is also my doubt, and I haven't found the reason yet.
Although I know how to achieve it, I still don't know how to achieve this style.

_BACKUP.STY. Back Up Triple Guitar Rock

This song has C/D, and it is another song, change to C/D in the position of bar9
But what makes me wonder is why his other drums have not changed, only the guitar has changed.
This is my doubt. I don't know how to do it.
Still changed, I didn't hear clearly.

2021-12-20_230320.jpg (179.78 KB, 249 downloads)

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I just found out that these two styles of drums are the same, so I changed the style as if I didn't change it. That's great, haha.
I don’t know if I can search for drums when searching for patterns.
Changing the style like this, I really can’t hear the change, haha

Expert
Expert
I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

My post about "showing off" was really not directed at anyone in particular, and wasn't even about this particular thread. I also said it was not a bad thing, and I meant that. I really wasn't accusing anyone of any kind of malfeasance. And I considered adding "I do it myself when I can", but decided that might be taken as self-aggrandizing.

Here are two Eternal Truths.

1) New users will ask basic questions they could answer themselves by studying documentation.

Is that bad? Sometimes it leads to further productive discussion, sometimes it elicits generally valuable information difficult to find otherwise, but sometimes it gets annoying and leads to "RTFM" or "Google it" responses. (BTW, it's only fair to mention that BIAB is a particularly difficult product to "self-serve", making the forums here essential in a way I don't think I've ever seen before. I do think that is bad, but never mind that now.)

2) Experienced users will "overanswer" when replying to basic questions.

Is that bad? Sometimes it leads to further productive discussion, sometimes it presents valuable information, but sometimes it overwhelms and obscures. A newbie trying to learn how to cut-n-paste doesn't need a lecture on granular synthesis and the history of non-linear editing. Of course, that all might make for a fantastic post! But not every occasion for such presentations is the best.

COROLLARY: Eternal Truths (1) and (2) will reinforce one another in a circular fashion.

Sometimes, this makes for great discussions. Other times, it can be a problem. Sometimes newbies need to throttle back and observe courtesies like not constantly starting new threads about subjects already under discussion, even though that's the quickest way of getting lots of attention. And sometimes oldbies need to restrain themselves in attempts to answer unclear questions – don't address every possible interpretation, which can send a thread spinning off into multiple directions before the OP even replies; request clarification and wait.

And there you have it, Eternity in a single BIAB forum post.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
In fact, I often read online manuals
But there is one inconvenient place where I can't search for keywords
The search manual in the upper right corner can't enter any characters after I click to open it.
I changed a lot of browsers, but I still can't.

Mr. Mix, I'm not sure this is what you're describing, but the online manual search function does seem to be buggy.

I can reproduce this on both Mac and Windows systems:

- Go to https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbm2021full/index.htm
- Click magnifying glass / "Search Manual" button to bring up search box
- Click in text field, type in search term, click magnifying glass
- Search box closes, but no results are displayed
- Click magnifying glass / "Search Manual" button to bring up search box again
- Results of previous search are displayed

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 12/20/21 06:23 AM.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
In fact, I often read online manuals
But there is one inconvenient place where I can't search for keywords
The search manual in the upper right corner can't enter any characters after I click to open it.
I changed a lot of browsers, but I still can't.

Mr. Mix, I'm not sure this is what you're describing, but the online manual search function does seem to be buggy.

thanks. I read the manual every day.
However, it cannot be searched. The browser I use is google CHROME
I made a video, remove the suffix .mp3

1221.mp4.mp3 (2.48 MB, 8 downloads)

C
Expert
Online Content
Expert
C
[quote=swingbabymix]In fact, I often read online manuals

Same here, using several web browsers

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Expert
Expert

thanks. I read the manual every day.
However, it cannot be searched. The browser I use is google CHROME

Yikes, you speak true, there is nowhere to type! Here's what that box should look like.

aaa.jpg (40.62 KB, 220 downloads)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,660
Posts735,516
Members38,528
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gman97040, kadju, theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track
38,527 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173