You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#692333 - 12/19/21 09:26 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Real Band will not save the recorded audio file in MP3 format
Loc: Fullerton, CA
jazzerjbird Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Fullerton, CA
After recording audio in Real Band, I want to "save it as" MP3 file but it does not save the song even if message window says it did.

Windows 10
Band in a Box 2018
Real Band 2018

What do I need to save my Real Band song in MP3 format? Thanks.

#692548 - 12/20/21 11:03 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: Real Band will not save the recorded audio file in MP3 format [Re: jazzerjbird]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
jazzaerbird,

You may want to repost this in the +++ RealBand +++ forum.

This FAQ forum section is used primarily by PG Music to share the answers to many of the questions they receive.

You will get more views and a better chance of resolving your issue in the other forum section.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#698818 - 01/16/22 09:59 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: Real Band will not save the recorded audio file in MP3 format [Re: jazzerjbird]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Jazzerbird,

If it is any consolation, I have had the same problem with BIAB and long ago gave up trying to export as an MP3 but just chose to export as a .WAV and make an MP3 in Audacity.

I assume anyone working for PG Music who saw this message pop up anywhere and read it, regardless of the forum, would realize it was an issue they need to address and get back to you for more info.

Though I suppose, yes you may get more "views" in the "proper" forum.

Nonetheless, all the icons, widgets, secret codes and "rules" can be bewildering for a beginner I know.

So, if it gives you any comfort, I have experienced the same thing.

Hope they read this and figure it out.

#698839 - 01/16/22 11:48 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: Real Band will not save the recorded audio file in MP3 format [Re: David Snyder]
justanoldmuso Online   content
Expert

just tested with 64 bit rb 2022.
mp3 works. dunno bout earlier versions as i never used it
in previous versions of rb.
best
om

#700183 - 01/22/22 03:42 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: Real Band will not save the recorded audio file in MP3 format [Re: jazzerjbird]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Akron, Oh
Originally Posted By: jazzerjbird
After recording audio in Real Band, I want to "save it as" MP3 file but it does not save the song even if message window says it did.

You need a LAME encoder. PG can't include it due to licensing.

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows!

Here's what they're saying about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows

"2022 is a true game changer, the biggest thing since the first RealTracks."
"Hands-down the best upgrade!"
"I always know I will love the RealTracks and this year is no exception. Some truly beautiful stuff in there."
"MicroChords is worth the upgrade alone. 4 chords per beat!"
"One of the most exciting upgrades to BIAB since I've been using the program and certainly the most fun to me!"
"Playable RealTracks + micro chords...WOW!"
"The new installer also makes it a breeze to download and install."
"Looks like everyone is in for a treat this year."
"I owned 2020 and now bought upgrade to 2022. New version is fantastic, I like the new features and styles!"
"I absolutely love the MC (microchords) up to 16 chords on a bar."
"There is something for everyone in the new version 2022!"
"This is a phenomenal update - really a game-changer!"
"Playable RealTracks are a game changer! Very powerful. Something we never thought could be done."
"One of the best Upgrades!"
...and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Ends This Weekend!

It's almost over!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows special ends on Saturday, January 15th!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm this Saturday!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

XPro Styles PAK 2 - Special Ends January 15th!

Our special is over at 11:59pm on January 15th!

We've added 100 new RealStyles more to our XPro Styles collection with the just-released XPro Styles PAK 2!

These fresh new RealStyles will work with the Band-in-a-Box® Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 2 expands your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

Our XPro Styles PAKs are ON SALE UNTIL January 15th! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 or 2 to your collection for only $29 each... that's 40% off our regular price of $49! Want them both? Order the XPro Styles PAKs 1 & 2 Bundle for just $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 2 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2022 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Extended to January 15th!

You didn't miss out on great deals.... we've extended our special to January 15th!!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! During our special (which ends Jan 15th), the Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video: Producer Secrets- Mixing Drum Stems with Band-in-a-Box® 2022

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2022 - Drum Stems! These are separate tracks from the different mics in the RealDrums recording. We've included RealDrums Stems Set 1 and RealDrums Stems Set 2 in our 2022 Bonus PAKs, which means if you've purchased your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 this month (December), you have access to this exciting new feature!

There's now a detailed video tutorial on mixing drum stems in Band-in-a-Box®, which includes tutorial files to follow along with: Producer Secrets - Mixing Drum Stems

Currently, drums stems are available for 50 RealDrums, but there are more to come!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during December, and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Band-in-a-Box® - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows (on sale until December 31st!) and receive a download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer.

Make it a musical Christmas!

Looking for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac? Version 2021 is available, and can also be downloaded right away when you receive your order confirmation if purchasing from us directly!

Forum Stats
35553 Members
63 Forums
73005 Topics
636797 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jeverist, jipjuan, RRBE Sound, smartkelly, Giospa

35552 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 237
Mark Hayes 234