Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#693411 12/23/21 06:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Like A Breeze

Well, I posted this here about 6 or 7 hours ago and it simply disappeared. Ah ... the secrets of cyberspace!

The genesis of the title is a comment Di made when I played it for her and asked her what she thought. She said, "It's like a warm breeze softly blowing in from the front door, wafting through the house and gently exiting the back door."

This was a quick, one-day throw-together from several weeks ago - perhaps 3 or 4 hours collectively over a 12-hour period. It's all acoustic featuring nylon guitar on the lead.

File:Like A Breeze.SGU

Key=Bm , Tempo 80, Length (m:s)=3:30

Style is _KARST.STY (Karst Songwriter Nylon Melody)

RealTracks in style: 2960:Bass, Acoustic, SmoothBalladNeil Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3115:Guitar, Nylon, Background Folk16thsMelodicBrent Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 2552:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16ths Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 3394:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SingerSongwriterSync Ev16 070
RealDrums [in style:Americana16thsBrushSyncFred^1-a,b:Kick13

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Al-David #693416 12/23/21 07:07 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Alan
Excellent mix
I imagine lying on the beach and enjoying a nice drink
Really great music
Great use of BiaB
Thanks for sharing

I wish you and your loved ones Merry Christmas and a good and healthy start to the new year 2022

Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Al-David #693460 12/23/21 11:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks a bunch, Andi! I appreciate that. Have a great Christmas and excellent New Year.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Al-David #693469 12/23/21 12:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Di is right. It IS like a warm breeze.

A great listen. Your mixes are always pro sounding.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Di is right. It IS like a warm breeze.

A great listen. Your mixes are always pro sounding.

fj

HI Floyd ...

Thank you so much for the very nice words. Your comments about the mix on my songs is particularly rewarding. I think you know the seriously archaic method I use for recording and mixing .... no DAW, other than what Audacity gives me. I have no third party plug-ins or contributions. And everything is done with a single pass-through. I've never once copied and pasted anything I've posted on Souncloud. Every single thing I do is on the BIAB entry page and then Audacity. After that, I'm done!

Reference Di's comment: I always enjoy and appreciate the poetic spin she can put on her thoughts regarding our music.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2022.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 12/28/21 01:41 AM.

Al-David #693475 12/23/21 12:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al & Di !

Wonderful music this, Al !
You really know how
to make a catchy, lovely
and beautiful tune !
This is a masterpiece
ol´friend !

Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year to you and Di too !

Cheers
Dani

dani48 #693510 12/23/21 01:39 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al & Di !

Wonderful music this, Al !
You really know how
to make a catchy, lovely
and beautiful tune !
This is a masterpiece
ol´friend !

Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year to you and Di too !

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani ...

Thanks for dropping in for a listen! I'm so glad you enjoyed the song. I apprecoiate all those really nice comments - many thanks!

Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Take care ...

Alan

Al-David #693530 12/23/21 03:36 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Alan,

Nice song and good mix.

Well done

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
Al-David #693548 12/23/21 05:22 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Alan.

It's cold and rainy here, so a warm breeze is appreciated! smile

If you've got a method that works for you, why would you change it?

Creating a good mix is about creating a good arrangement, by giving things room to be heard and space to breathe.

You only need to work with things like EQ and compression when you haven't mixed it well in the first place. A good band "mixes itself", so to speak, by simply listening.

And this sounds good!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Al-David #693613 12/24/21 05:00 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice arrangement and mix. Sounds good.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
Al-David #693630 12/24/21 06:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely on a lovely Christmas Eve morning looking out at our forest over coffee...

Best to y’all,

J&B

Al-David #693674 12/24/21 09:20 AM
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
'Al-David'...

Mmm...very nice! Has a laid-back, 'journeying' feel to it, as though we were on a cruise ship sailing in and out of exotic ports-of-call. The Real Style has a sensuous sound that is sweetly amplified by the background nylon guitar track, which is so expressive that it sounded like a solo instrument performance.

For you and Ms. Di, I hope your Christmas and New Year's Day celebrations are meaningful, and memorable smile.

Last edited by bluage; 12/24/21 09:32 AM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Al-David #693676 12/24/21 09:23 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
i really like it -- reminded me a little of the Eric Clapton unplugged songs

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Alan,

Nice song and good mix.

Well done

Best Regards
Nigel

Hello Nigel ...

Glad it works for you! Thanks for letting me know. Merry Christmas and Happy New year ...

Alan

dcuny #693690 12/24/21 10:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hi, Alan.

It's cold and rainy here, so a warm breeze is appreciated! smile

If you've got a method that works for you, why would you change it?

Creating a good mix is about creating a good arrangement, by giving things room to be heard and space to breathe.

You only need to work with things like EQ and compression when you haven't mixed it well in the first place. A good band "mixes itself", so to speak, by simply listening.

And this sounds good!

Hey David ...

Cold and rainy in Sacramento - can't say that too often! I lived in Bakersfield 6 years and I was almost always comfortable in the dead of winter wearing just a light jacket. Come summer - almost every day was 103 - 108 - you can only take off so many pieces of clothing without going to jail or traumatizing your neighbors.

I feel my method works pretty good for me. That's one reason I can create a decent song (in my opinion decent) in a matter of hours - no complications. It's also my belief that many folks obsess over perfection vs a really nice song. That's not me. I just want to create something that listeners might enjoy, regardless of the degree of perfection. If I hoped to sell songs to other musicians who are, by my definition, are perfection-obsessed, I'd be living in a tent and begging for food! So far, we've had 28 songs picked up for various uses. Thus, I guess my archaic system works as good as I need it to.

Fully agree with your comment that a well-put-together song will, more or less, mix itself.

But you ought to see all the work I do behind the chord input sheet! Most of the fade-ins/fade-outs, tone adjustment, manually-induced "compression", etc. are done that way. I use Audacity primarily as a way to convert my SGU to a wave file and adjust overall volume. Very occasionally I will do some extra EQ and mild compression in Audacity, but not often.

Anyway, thanks for all; the supportive comments. I appreciate all your comments.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Alan

jptjptjpt #693692 12/24/21 10:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice arrangement and mix. Sounds good.

Good Afternoon x3 ...

Glad you liked it. I appreciate the nice words. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Lovely on a lovely Christmas Eve morning looking out at our forest over coffee...

Best to y’all,

J&B

Hey Guys!

I always look forward to your comments. "Lovely" is a very nice word - thank you. From the couple of videos you've posted, you seem to have a real nice piece of property. Looks like you're dang near off the grid!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but Di has one cup every morning. I'll be 75 in March and I've drunk, perhaps, 10 or 12 cups of coffee in my life. I pop the top on an ice cold Dr Pepper within 2 minutes of my feet hitting the floor.

Wishing both of you the very best and a fantastic 2022.

Alan & Di

Al-David #693944 12/25/21 10:45 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Alan,

thrown together in 3 or 4 hours? That's the time I need for sitting down in front of my PC, run BIAB and start thinking alone smirk ...

Man, you really know how to come up with most loveable songs - your talent seems to know no bounds.

I think Di caught the feel and nailed it with that title.

Really so lovely.

All the best to Di and you - we'll keep in contact.

Stefan

Al-David #694066 12/26/21 10:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

This is so nice! Nobody around here arranges these type of tracks any better than you! Its so full of feeling and lovely sound textures! It's great to see you active in the forum! Thanks, Torrey

Al-David #694078 12/26/21 10:29 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Sweet, smooth and mellow Alan.

Vic

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195