Print Thread
Go To
#69679 04/13/10 03:47 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi folks,
I have received plenty of pictures via email. I save them in my HD folders. Anyway, I also want to save the whole MS-Outlook stuff including the pics. Now, what I found is a .pst file, about 1 GB of size. Does that file include all the attachments (like pics, docs, etc)? Or are these attachments saved somewhere seperately? If so, where?

If I save the pst file, can I load it into an Outlook of a dfferent computer to view all my emails including the attachments?

Thank you,
Sandra

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sandra,
Yes the .pst file is the storage of all things MS-Outlook. You can move this file from one maching to another and transfer all mailbox content.

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dan,
So you`re saying the .pst file saves all the pictures too? The are not stored at a different place?

sandra

Lesson Shop:

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Right, Sandra. ALL emails plus attachments are saved in the .pst files (unless you have saved the attachments elsewhere and deleted the original email, in which case you are on your own). Your Outlook settings are something else...

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Sandra,
your Outlook .pst file contains your COMPLETE outlook stuff in one file. It is a database file in a special Micrsosoft database format.

So, be carefull when sharing it: the .pst-file contains your emails, your contacts, your to-do-lists, just EVERYTHING!

Better way: create a subfolder inside your email folder, copy the emails with the pictures attached in this subfolder, use "Export" to export only this subfolder in a separate .pst file.

Then, you can transfer this to another PC. There, you have to open it in outlook by "open user file" (in German: Offnen -> Outlook-Datendatei".

Ralf

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sandra,
Go to the FIle Menu in Outlook.

Select Import and Export

Select Export to a file

Select Personal Folder File (.pst)

From the next window that opens, scroll all the way to the top, and select Personal Folders. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is CHECKED.

Select a location where you wish to store the file...thumb drive, different hard drive, external hard drive, whereever. Leave the options at default.

Click Finish. Click No Encryption. Click OK.

Your entire Outlook information is now being saved. That includes e-mails, attachments, contacts, and other items you may use Outlook for. It does NOT store your e-mail server information. If you are transferring to a new computer, or re-formatting this computer, you will need to manually install that e-mail server info.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Wow, thank you guys for your valuable inputs. I understand it now (takes a while with the ladies, ya know )

Sandra

Lesson Shop:

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sandra,
My opinion of you just dropped about 0.000001% for that last comment. I have a very high opinion of you, and your music, so it's not too much of a drop, but that wasn't true, and it doesn't take 'the ladies' any longer than 'the gentlemen' to get a concept once it's been taught to them.

I'd like to see half the guys here figure out traditional female responsibilities, like child rearing, meal planning, laundry and all those other tasks that most of us take for granted.

Then, on the other hand, I look at some of the guys I know, and they can't figure much of anything out, so that kind of just dumps that theory in the trash can.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What Gary said

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'd like to see half the guys here figure out traditional female responsibilities, like child rearing, meal planning, laundry and all those other tasks that most of us take for granted.

Gee Gary, work firefighter's shifts and have a working wife and you learn the above really quick.

I made glazed chicken, rice with fresh asparagus tips, a maple orange sauce, a roux and brussel sprouts for supper last night. The wife put the dishes in the box and turned it on to wash them and I fell asleep watching tv with a rye and water dribbling "dang..geezz...now I gotta pee.

My Dad never ever cooked, did laundry, or cleaned. My Mom is bedridden and he borrowed my cookbooks, started making lists, and now the dinner is cooking, he's standing in front of the tv ironing underwear and t towels. And he learned at 75. I admit he was playing sports with us when we were younger, and Mom had to to the dishes, while we played hockey on the back yard rink, or baseball in May when it warms up, or football in September when it's too cold to stand still waiting for a pitch.

You learn what you have to.....

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Quote:

My opinion of you just dropped about 0.000001% for that last comment.

LOL
I was just kidding. I am a person that likes to make fun of myself! I don`t really think that we ladies can`t figure out things as fast as the guys can. So it was really just a joke.
And as far as "traditional roles" go: My dear husband makes my breakfast everyday. And therefore I forgive him that he`s late every single time we meet downtown. LOL

Sandra

Lesson Shop:

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
For 8 years when I had a Fire Department 'office' job, I met my wife downtown everyday after work, we were 3 blocks apart. I got off at 5 which meant 4:30 LOL, plus 4 or earlier on Fridays. (But I was on call every 4th week 24/7). My wife worked until 4:30 but she's a department manager of a real business. She usually got out at 5:30 or 6 or 6:30 or later. At first no cell phones. For two weeks I waited in the car in front of her office. Then I found a pub with free parking underground if you had a beer. 20 minutes late 1 beer. 40 minutes late 2 beers. When she showed up at the pub she'd grab a 1/2 pint, and she had to pay my tab for being late. The paying part was supposed to be incentive to come faster. NOT.

The kicker was my wife is not a very good cook. If she ever had to do it she could, but we've been married 26 years and when we get home she sits and watches TV and I cooked. And set the table. And gave her a glass of wine.

Then I retired and got all the other jobs, and I still drive downtown and wait for her, and still have a beer, down to one...or two...she can drive.

It's 9:30 she's left for work at 7:00am and I've not started cleaning yet. But our band plays a concert tonight and I have to polish our horns and I have a singing part...through a 140 year old fireman's trumpet.

I wonder where the silver polish is.....??

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And Sandra, I was kidding, too. Kind of. I know you were making a joke, which is why I posted my comment the way I did, so that you know I wasn't serious about YOU.

However, I know so many women, young women, even today, who comment 'Oh, I'm a girl, I can't do that!' I tend to look at them and ask to see the card that lists the 'restrictions' that are placed upon them due to their gender. When they look at me like I'm from another planet, I simply state that there is nothing they can't do, if they want to do it.

John, I know several men who have had to learn things the hard way, and then do a fabulous job with it, once they've learned. But, unlike a woman who you can more easily show that the stars are in their grasp, it's harder to get the men to do 'women's work.' That attitude still prevails today. They can do it, there is not limitation physically that prevents them from it (save child bearing and such), but the mental attitude of young men...emphasis on young...is that it's 'a women's job' and they aren't going to do it.

Sandra, I hope that you recognized that I was ribbing you. I think you did. However, I still believe, for many people that I know, of both genders, what I've said is still...sadly...true.

Gary

Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Well, I'm still looking for a woman who can remember to keep the oil up in the car engine before it cooks itself!

J.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,634
Posts735,255
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181