Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#700819 01/25/22 10:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Made another recording today. This time, no housefly . . .
https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677/woosey-bluesey

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

I miss the Fly!

Well done.

moto

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank ya Captain

BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
12 bar blues - you can't go wrong! smile

Plus, you've already got two spam likes!

But no RealTrack listing?

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
dcuny #700915 01/26/22 03:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
David,

Is this what you mean "_BLSW_GS.STY Blues w/Electric Guitar Solo"?

Also, do you know how to have this site notify me when a post of interest (such as yours) comes in? I tried "Watch" but it doesn't seem to work forcing me to sift thru the list of latest postings.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
BT.
Good musical bed. Now you need lyrics to go with it smile Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good blues. Is that you on bass? I like what Misha said about now putting on the lyrics. Well done, Bass Thumper.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
BabuMusic #700942 01/26/22 04:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Misha, thanks for the compliment. As for lyrics/singing, I'd first need to get notarized approval from my shower curtain . . . which is highly unlikely at this point smile But that does raise a good point. If I were to put lyrics to paper are there people here willing to sing them on top of my track? In other words . . . collaboration. If so, is there a specific forum for this sort of thing?

Marty, yep that is my bass playing, every track there has my thumping going on with the "BiaB bassist" muted. When I first heard about BiaB a couple years ago I instantly knew it would be a great practice tool. Now I'm seeing that it can also showcase vocals and instruments. What a great piece of visionary software and musical engineering !

If you don't mind me asking, how do you use Cakewalk? I see several people here use it.

--Steve

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper

If you don't mind me asking, how do you use Cakewalk? I see several people here use it.

--Steve

Long story, Steve --kinda. Cakewalk was the first DAW I used (2019). It's free and it does everything. Early 2020 I changed computers and Cakewalk for some reason didn't travel well to the new one. It kept giving me error message when I tried to access a song. Frustrated, I bought Reaper (which is great), but was never able to set it up correctly for recording. Cakewalk still worked fine for that. So now I just drop in a bed on the first track of Cakewalk, then record bass, vocals or whatever on other tracks, then take those stems to Reaper for mixing and mastering.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
BabuMusic #700954 01/26/22 05:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ahhh, I think I get it, it's a DAW. You seem to be doing much more sophisticated stuff than me; I'm just getting started on much of this.

I use Audacity for recording my bass and for mixing with the BiaB backing track. Audacity seems to do everything I need at this point and I'm getting better with it day by day.

Do you find that you need or use software to generate chord progressions? Or does BiaB and your personal music skills suffice?
I'd like to find a good software or website that can give ideas on chord progressions and song structure; intro, V1, V2, Chorus, Bridge, etc. Although, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from generating chord progressions and structure thru experimentation.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice blues!
BTW if you click on MEMO in BIAB, you'll find not only the style, but also the Real Tracks etc. Copy/paste.
Most people here, mention the style and the RTs. That's all.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bass Thumper......Cool blues jam. Almost every backyard jam session I ever went to invariably started with a blues jam in A. Sometimes, several hours and many beers later, we were still on the same blues jam with a slightly different groove and possibly in a different key.

Yes, many of us here use Cakewalk in one form or another or some other DAW. The DAW you choose is totally a personal choice. Cakewalk by Bandlab is now free. And it's the big, full featured one that used to cost hundreds of dollars. In addition, most of us are using s USB interface of some sort or another. The main reason being functionality and features for editing and doing other things to the music.

If you have BB, and are on a windows PC, you already have a DAW called Real Band that came with BB. It is fairly useful as a DAW but it does lack some of the functionality and features you would find in Sonar, for example. But that withstanding, several here do use it exclusively to do their music.

The point is, you have started. Now if you want to pursue this at some other level..... you'll probably start looking into those things and more. Get the gear you want, to do what you want to do, in the way and to the quality you want it done..... then learn how to use it. We're here to help and assist and provide information when you ask for it. That's how I learned. One step at a time and ask lots of questions.

Oh and yes.... people here do collaborate. All you have to do is ask.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/26/22 06:03 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Hacker,
Thanks for the brief orientation, for a newbie all of this can be like drinking from a fire hose at times. I am aware of Real Band and do have it; opened it once or twice but couldn't figure out what it's main purpose in life is. Like Cakewalk, Audacity is free and does pretty much what I need it to do . . . so far.

As for new tools for my toolbox my approach is generally to first identify what it is I'd like to do, then, if my tool set can't fully do it to then search for a tool that can. To that end . . .

Do you find that you need or use software to generate chord progressions? Or does BiaB and your personal music skills suffice?
I'd like to find a good software or website that can give ideas on chord progressions and song structure; Intro, V1, V2, Chorus, Bridge, etc. Although, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from generating chord progressions and structure thru experimentation.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Hey Hacker,
Thanks for the brief orientation, for a newbie all of this can be like drinking from a fire hose at times. I am aware of Real Band and do have it; opened it once or twice but couldn't figure out what it's main purpose in life is. Like Cakewalk, Audacity is free and does pretty much what I need it to do . . . so far.

As for new tools for my toolbox my approach is generally to first identify what it is I'd like to do, then, if my tool set can't fully do it to then search for a tool that can. To that end . . .

I'd like to find a good software or website that can give ideas on chord progressions and song structure; Intro, V1, V2, Chorus, Bridge, etc. Although, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from generating chord progressions and structure thru experimentation.

Real Band is a multi-track DAW. You can create a song in BB, save it, and reopen it in RB. Now, in RB, the tracks from BB will repopulate and you can now record your own tracks such as vocals or additional instruments. In addition, and this is how I use RB.... say for example you used the LA Hard Rock style which contains a couple of guitars, bass and drums, but you want to add a fiddle, mandolin or a steel guitar to the song. You simply select a new clear track.... after you select any on the other tracks using the SELECT ENTIRE TRACK function to highlight any of the other tracks in their entirety. Now you click on generate a real track on the clear track you selected and choose your instrument.

Generating chord progressions. Nope.... I generally write the chords into the grid based on what I am writing at the moment. Choruses and verses and bridges are easy to figure out. Write the song and you will know and feel where they need to go. I use the Blue and Green part markers to differentiate between them. Same thing with figuring out the progressions..... start playing it and change the chords as needed. A bit of music theory is helpful but not an absolute must-have. Experiment. Everything can be changed.

Take the time to view the videos and tutorials in the Support page on the PG website. There's a lot of really useful things there.

When you get stuck or hit the brick wall, come to the correct forum and ask the questions you have as clearly and concisely as possible and include the specifics of what you did and are trying to do.

Good luck and have fun.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195