You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#704195 - 02/11/22 11:59 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Style req: CONGA!!!
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Yadadadah Dah-Dah, Yadadadah Dah-Dah! laugh

Ok, so yes, maybe it doesn't 'gel' with anything in the existing RT department for a mix-n-match so it can't be used for anything else, but - Turn this beauty on when your "1-Man-Band-Show" is long gone south and nobody is listening anymore, and you have an instant PARTY in the room, who-hoo!! grin

NOBODY can resist the Conga!!! cool

#704243 - 02/12/22 08:27 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Style req: CONGA!!! [Re: Icelander]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I’ve had my percussionist play congas on what I thought were unlikely songs, like 60s BlueNote jazz. It seems there’s always room for conga!
BIAB 2023 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6 Pro, Swam horns, Audition 3, Notion 7; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#704244 - 02/12/22 08:38 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Style req: CONGA!!! [Re: Icelander]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

While I appreciate the moral support, Mr. Finley, I think you may have slightly misunderstood what I meant by the term Conga. It's not about an instrument, but a style/rhythm. Actually a dance, if that rings the correct bells for you.

Take a look at the first line of what I wrote (in bold), that's the rhythm/style I'm asking for. You must've seen this dance (traditionally danced by all in a single line, each holding onto the next person in front), even if I suppose it's perhaps not as common in N-America as elsewhere...?

#704366 - 02/12/22 07:32 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Style req: CONGA!!! [Re: Icelander]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

You’re right, I had no idea what your bolder line meant. The dance? Ok.
BIAB 2023 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6 Pro, Swam horns, Audition 3, Notion 7; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#704404 - 02/13/22 01:12 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Style req: CONGA!!! [Re: Matt Finley]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
You’re right, I had no idea what your bolder line meant. The dance?
It's basically this: https://youtu.be/8pIxNjE83qI?t=25

Edited by Icelander (02/13/22 01:18 AM)
Edit Reason: Further details

#705278 - 02/17/22 09:40 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Style req: CONGA!!! [Re: Icelander]
Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Tobin - PG Music Inc. Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi Icelander,

There were some Conga (the groove/style, not the instrument) styles that we recorded quite a while ago:

-CONGMOD
-CONGFOK

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind? Those styles have real percussion, but it's midi drums/bass/piano/etc. But, if that's what you were thinking of, real instruments for the bass, etc. could potentially be added in the future.

Tobin - PG Music Inc.

#705284 - 02/17/22 10:15 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Style req: CONGA!!! [Re: Tobin - PG Music Inc.]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc.
Hi Icelander,
There were some Conga (the groove/style, not the instrument) styles that we recorded quite a while ago:
====
Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?
Yeah no, sorry. It's an admirable effort, but those two are just very generic salsa-esque styles, with lots of varied percussions and other varied fanciness. My "Conga" is anything but varied smirk
It's essentially just a 1-bar riff that is always the same pattern (and that's where my "doesn't gel" remark stems from). Failing to conform to that pattern, specifically to those "Dah Dah" stops at the end of the bar every, single time is simply NOT Conga! crazy

I have the same gripe with your Charleston, btw, since to me only the A-part gets it right in that one... and you still have no designated Charleston RD to conform properly to that style either, I might add (let alone RTs).

Edited by Icelander (02/17/22 10:17 AM)
Edit Reason: Afterthought

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37078 Members
64 Forums
77090 Topics
683265 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
MikeC691969, danixd, Donato53, Vidar, Nairolf06

37077 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 179
MarioD 154