You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#709388 - 03/18/22 08:04 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles
Loc: Quebec, Canada
Chrispennington Offline

I've been successfully producing kids music using BIAB for over 20 years now. And in that time I've never missed an update, finally going whole hog a few years ago with the Audiophile option. (which is really worth it, BTW)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLy6-72NzYpFztbJ7jNEMkg

BIAB is a simply amazing and indispensable tool. Especially of use to me have been the folky, bouncy styles. The one style that I've used the most, but which needs a major upgrade is the Rehearsal Piano which was produced by PG Music way back in 2010. The timing is a bit wonky, and the audio quality is dated and not up to par with the pristine newer styles.

I would LOVE to see a full style set of Ragtime, early jazz solo accompaniment piano in multiple styles, tempos, and feels. Think Piano for silent movies. Mister Dressup and Mr. Rogers-ish. And the cornier the better! smile

Thanks for reading and I hope some other users will get behind this idea to gain a little traction.

Cheers, and many thanks to PG Music for this superb program.

#709410 - 03/18/22 11:17 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

+1

There are many useful older MIDI styles that would benefit from an update. Solo, rehearsal, ballad, march are some of the styles that come to mind.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#709463 - 03/18/22 04:03 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
+1

There are many useful older MIDI styles that would benefit from an update. Solo, rehearsal, ballad, march are some of the styles that come to mind.

I agree.

+1

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#709581 - 03/19/22 12:45 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
If PG Music is looking for an artist who does this, I have a friend who does this genre. He knows his stuff - he's a copyist for Hal Leonard, performs piano for silent movies, and is a fine jazz and classical player too. He's amazing.
BIAB 2022 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Swam horns, Audition, Notion 7; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#709921 - 03/21/22 12:37 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Tobin - PG Music Inc. Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Chris, can you post a few youtube links of the kinds of things you have in mind?

thanks,
Tobin

Tobin - PG Music Inc.

#709946 - 03/21/22 03:11 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Chrispennington Offline

Hey Tobin, thanks for getting back so quickly!

Mr. Dressup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07u0_2TOpio

Various Hal Roach tunes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiOap0cgaaA

Ragtime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPmruHc4S9Q

Basically early jazz with simple left hand and not overly sophisticated voicings. A little bit of "stride" would be nice too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSNPpssruFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxsQ1I_HKw

Early 20th century popular song styles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSNPpssruFY

#709948 - 03/21/22 03:18 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Chrispennington Offline

The current real styles available in this vein are all from 2009 and 2010

RT1097: Piano, Acoustic, Rehearsal Waltz Sw 085 , Miles Black
RT1096: Piano, Acoustic, Rehearsal Showtunes Sw 085 , Miles Black
RT936: Piano, Acoustic, Rehearsal Waltz Sw 140 , Miles Black
RT940: Piano, Acoustic, Rehearsal Showtunes Sw 140 , Miles Black

I've used these styles probably more than 100 times in various arrangements. BIAB has come a long way since those early Real Styles days, so I'd love to hear styles like these, but with better switching, improved audio quality, more variation, etc. Another problematic foible with these styles is that all the shots and holds are in mono, while the main arrangements are in stereo.

#709949 - 03/21/22 03:26 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Chrispennington Offline

And finally, if it's not too greedy to dream big...

Some simple classical piano styles would be very useful. Waltzes, marches, early barocque period etc.

#710072 - 03/22/22 11:07 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Tobin - PG Music Inc. Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Chris, thanks for the examples!

For the classical ones, youtube examples would also be very useful, keeping in mind that, while classical piano pieces would of course have specific melodies, the best examples would be ones that could sort of be "shoehorned" into chording-only styles.

Tobin - PG Music Inc.

#710172 - 03/23/22 07:36 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Chrispennington Offline

Agreed that classical styles are very dependent on melody. What would be nice to see is a revisiting of the original "classical" BIAB midi styles that came out 20 or more years ago, but with "real" tracks.

PNOSIMP4.STY.
PNOSIMP3.STY.
SATIORK4.STY.
ORKALB34.STY.
ALBERTI.STY.
MARCH_16.STY.
CHOPIN_W.STY.

Etc.

Now that BIAB's horns are sounding so good, it would be great fun to see a library of Marches a la Souza. With clarinets, trombones, trumpets, military drums, and glock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-m3XHUSN08

smile Stop me!

Edited by Chrispennington (03/23/22 07:37 AM)

#710200 - 03/23/22 10:14 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Wishing for new Ragtime Rehearsal Piano styles [Re: Chrispennington]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

I would rather have MIDI styles updated to utilize new Band-in-a-Box features like microchords over the suggestion to replace older MIDI styles with RealStyles. RealStyles and RealTracks have their place but so do MIDI styles.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

PG Music News
How to: Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Here's a brief overview video explaining how Styles, RealTracks, MIDI tracks, and MIDI SuperTracks function in Band-in-a-Box®, and how to select them in your project. Please let us know if you have any questions!

How to Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

How to: Connect a MIDI Keyboard and Change Patches in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our team has put together a video that covers how to connect a MIDI keyboard to Band-in-a-Box, record, and change MIDI patches.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: How to connect a MIDI keyboard and change patches

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Forum Stats
36363 Members
64 Forums
75257 Topics
661622 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Willkho, Jesse, Appoggiatura, Ean, didongthongminh

36363 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 178
AudioTrack 169