Go To
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
SONG TITLE : "ROSIE LEE // NICE CUPPA TEA"
ARTIST : moi..ALF-L..(a lad from london (c) 2022)
****BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING.****
1. due to the variety of playback systems out there. watch your levels till comfortable with song...its a crazy rocker.
apologies if the listener hates the song .
use earbuds if possible.
NOTE>>>IF YOUR NOT A FAN OF VOCAL COMEDY/AD LIBS/COCKNEY ACCENTS...THIS SONG MIGHT NOT BE TO YOUR TASTE.
feel free to comment/critique whether the song flys or not.
particularly i'm looking for heavy critique as to whether its a good song idea...this is a "ruff demo".
the reason i'm looking for critiques is over the years ive found that some songs i created and slaved over and liked
others didnt.
and other songs i created that i thought were just ok , and didnt crank me up as much, others really liked.
Sigh, tis the life of being a songwriter. lol.

2. i like to sing in and experiment with many different vocal styles. this is one of them.
fwiw ive sung in everything from opera through church/folk/ballads/blues/rock/hard rock/metal and goodness what else..lol. i just love doing vocals. its my "thing" as it were.
and i enjoy the vocal challenges that different music styles present. unfortunately i'm loseing some of the upper vocal ranges i used to take for granted as i age....sigh.
3. Backstory.
(THIS SONG IS DEDICATED TO MY GRANPARENTS AND PARENTS WHO I MISS TERRIBLY.)
(its also for pg catherine cos we had a nice discussion a few weeks ago. also for those pg staff who have put up with my suggestions over the years...happiness to all of you.)
the backstory to this song is , it details a small slice of cockney life when i was a young lad growing up in the east end cockney area of london uk and before i went off to university.

the scenario is a true story. my objective was to start with a lonely cello and then slam into a crazy cockney punk song.
hopefully to surprise the listener. lmao.
note , cockneys are some of the nicest people youll meet.
i saw so many good cockney deeds in east london growing up its amazeing.
this is the first song ive been working on useing latest version 2022 biab/realband.
the song includes bells cos a true cockney is one born within the sound of bow bells.
4. like all my songs , i used the biab/rb/reaper combo to create this one.
(ive done about 90 original songs useing this combo over many years.)
i should say , as an aside , i spend huge numbers of hours trying to find in biab/rb the correct RT's , ...to use in original songs. as well going through the thousand and thousand of styles as i'm always searching for "golden nuggets" and "sound character/pictures " i can use in a song.

its the only way to do things imho...otherwise one might miss something that could really add to a song. sometimes after going through 6 thousand plus styles and huge numbers of RT's. if i just dont find what i'm looking for. thus i shelve the song till i do.

often i will have to do lots of manipulation of midi's and RT's. but thats fun for me.
"attend to the song details, hooks and picture" is how i was taught by some very nice audio engineers amongst other things...in big studios. they were exceedingly nice to me, and i always take their advise to heart, even though i know i will never reach their standard of audio engineering.

have at it...lol....and apologies if you dont like it.
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SONG>>>>>

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/punkerv1calf-l2022mp3

best
om (proud to be a cockney.)

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/04/22 10:40 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Super intro!

Bells in a punk song? But you made it work.

Super grove, great vocal

Great lyrics, I had to look up Rosie Lee

Great song!

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
That was a hoot... Fun song..
Driving rhythm sounds great...
Well done OM...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The 1st appearance of the bells is interesting but the levels vary greatly ...either some automation or compression would help with that.

The vocal gets very loud in some spots not quite clipping though.
The last two rounds of Rosie oh Rosie sound dull...they seem not to be the double tracked bright versions...perhaps a start to a fade out interrupted by the narration... but they sound out of place to me because of that loss of dynamics.

The cello part doesn't really add much to the song - it is a contrast to what comes after but as the life support system for a two liner it doesn't add much. It would've played/paid the joke dividends if the cello made some useful appearances in the rest of the song though as the joke comes across as a set up for just that.

I hadn't come across "punker" as a label before.

New song soooooo you'd be able to provide readers with the RealTracks used I expect.
It's hard to find "punk" guitars in BIAB that aren't US 2nd/3rd wave high gain and others might benefit from your hours of hunting.

Me n m'China going down the frog for a Rosie n pig to escape the tin lids. Australia has modified some in a parochial version.

Last edited by rayc; 04/04/22 08:01 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fun song.

No useful crits, I enjoyed this listen! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lots of fun and really well done!

Good one OM, enjoyed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
the scenario is a true story. my objective was to start with a lonely cello and then slam into a crazy cockney punk song.
hopefully to surprise the listener. lmao.
note , cockneys are some of the nicest people youll meet.
i saw so many good cockney deeds in east london growing up its amazeing.

Well, it seems you delivered exactly what you set out to do. Don't apologise if anyone doesn't like it. It has your name on it, so be proud instead.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Boy this really jumped in after the intro. The bells were cool. Guitars were excellent. I knew it was going to get wild when I saw the wav form on Soundcloud. Loved the cockney accent. Sid and the boys...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Muso,

Sounds good. Some creative twists in production! Seems you had fun making it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Thank you all for the comments and listens.
I get these daft moods where i dont want to do something serious,...
But instead something nuts. ..lol… in contrast to my previous serious song bout memphis i put in the showcase.
This is just version 1 of the song, and i would like to know if i should take this rough demo further. Or just let it sit in the archive. Cos i have loads of other songs to do now i’m deep into pg 2022.
I dont see a ton of stuff needed to it, just some minor finessing etc.
The reason for bells is true cockneys are born within the sound of bow bells.
Its a nod to my heritage.

I DID try cello in the body of the song , but its very fast and i didnt find i liked the results. I wanted it raw and fast, and any cello just didnt fit.
Frankly i’m happy with the arrangement myself..i DID put in the intro that the song
Might not be to some peoples taste // ad libs etc. as i knew some might not like that aspect. But to quote M.Python “it is wot it is”... and i had loads of fun….an important aspect given these covid times.

Once again thanks for listening

Happiness to all.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/06/22 03:49 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
om,

A fun rocker. Interesting additions to the genre...

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like the credit roll for a Peaky Blinders episode!

Nicely done all the way around.

Any RT's or RD's? Interested in the new stuff since us Mac folks don't have them yet.

J&B

User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
FJ and Janice and Bud.

very nice of you to listen and comment.
much appreciated given how talented you all are.
thank you.

it was fun to do. just a rough crazy demo.
heres some song details.
..agent style which i believe is new for 2022.
..i changed the agent rd if i remember to a blues rock rd.
..the bells are from a free synth vsti plug in courtesy of uk computer music mag <<highly recommended.
the mag also has mac versions. 80 plus plug ins.
(see cm mag plug ins list on you tube)

tbh the song was lots of work.

happiness to all
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/11/22 01:12 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello justanoldmuso,

Fun song!
Driving rhythm sounds great.
The introduction of cello and cockney narration is very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,556
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163