Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Newest development.

Ultimate tells me they carry the part I need, but they are currently out of stock. They will sell them to me, but won't honor the lifetime warranty.

They are $4 each, and at this time I don't think it's worth going to the Consumer Protection Agency for something that inexpensive. But I have them bookmarked just in case I change my mind.

Ultimate's rep said they will let me know when they are back in stock.

I now have 3 spares, and that should last me a few years, but when they get back in stock, I'll buy a buffer amount to cover the future.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Yep, they wear you down. How many $4's have we all so far genuinely spent trying to resolve this?

I'm not making excuses for the warranty, but?

Get yourself a lifetime of spares if possible, so you don't have to endure such crazy torment in the future.

May the music be with you. smile

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Yep, they wear you down. How many $4's have we all so far genuinely spent trying to resolve this?

I'm not making excuses for the warranty, but?

Get yourself a lifetime of spares if possible, so you don't have to endure such crazy torment in the future.

May the music be with you. smile

Exactly what I plan to do.

Not only do I not want to go through this again, but what assurance do I have that this part will be obsolete in the future?

Buying multiples of a $4 part is cheaper than buying a new stand, and since this fits my needs perfectly, it also will save me a lot of time adapting a different stand to my needs.

Notes ♫

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
The modern age is the disposable age. Perhaps that needs to change, overconsumption and disposal of manufactured products is a major source of pollution.

Can't help you with finding the parts but as for this comment this has been a pet peeve of mine for 20 years or more. The question is why did it happen? It's because we're all cheap and want things at the best price. If that stand was manufactured here it would probably be at least twice the cost if not triple. Ultimate started out with an American guy building them here but eventually he couldn't compete with cheap foreign manufacturers so now they're manufactured in Asia. If he was still making them here, that warranty would probably be honored.

Our society online price shops everything to death with zero regard as to where it's made and those countries not caring about pollution, safety rules, health insurance, the environment and them paying almost slave wages. It's not the companies fault because all we care about is the price and in order to deliver that price most things are built somewhere other than here. We all need to wake up and pay a proper price for good quality stuff and the disposable problem goes away. Our grandparents managed to pay for chrome plated toasters that lasted 20 years if not a lifetime, we can do the same.

Sorry about going off topic.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If they are $4 each, and you buy 6 of them, you bring that stand back to life at a level where it will outlive you. Possibly by a pretty fair margin. Or just buy a new stand. There can't be just one stand that will work. As has been pointed out, stuff these days is made as cheaply as possible so they can keep prices low. I mean, no offense, but you are 73 now. How long does this thing have to last?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
The modern age is the disposable age. Perhaps that needs to change, overconsumption and disposal of manufactured products is a major source of pollution.

Can't help you with finding the parts but as for this comment this has been a pet peeve of mine for 20 years or more. The question is why did it happen? It's because we're all cheap and want things at the best price. <...snip...>

I definitely agree.

And it's the reason why we don't have local mom & pop music stores anymore.

Instead, we have to either go to a big-box store with minimum wage employees who know less about music than you do, or order something on-line and wait for it.

All because people wanted so save a dime on a pack of strings.

Sorry, I mourn the loss of my local store, and the owner who not only knew me gave me great advice for me specifically, but let me try gear out on the gig to help me decide if it was right for me, and had a place where musicians could hang out ant talk shop.

As we progress in time, so many new, better things come our way, but we also lose some things that were better. I guess that's just life.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
If they are $4 each, and you buy 6 of them, you bring that stand back to life at a level where it will outlive you. Possibly by a pretty fair margin. Or just buy a new stand. There can't be just one stand that will work. As has been pointed out, stuff these days is made as cheaply as possible so they can keep prices low. I mean, no offense, but you are 73 now. How long does this thing have to last?

I plan on buying a dozen, as I suspect some of the old ones are getting brittle.

That should last through the rest of my gigging days (I hope). When I go to the great gig in the sky, I hope to have only one left.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Can you post a pic of this stand so I know what you called an "A-Frame" stand? Here I thought I was going to be your hero and we have different definitions of what an Ultimate Support A-Frame is. I have heard the stand I have called "the jungle gym", "the trapeze", "the swing set"... All I can say about durability is that I have had it since the mid 80s. As well as the 2 Ensoniq synths that rested upon it.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

Can't help you with finding the parts but as for this comment this has been a pet peeve of mine for 20 years or more. The question is why did it happen? It's because we're all cheap and want things at the best price. <...snip...>

I definitely agree.

And it's the reason why we don't have local mom & pop music stores anymore.

Instead, we have to either go to a big-box store with minimum wage employees who know less about music than you do, or order something on-line and wait for it.

All because people wanted so save a dime on a pack of strings.

Sorry, I mourn the loss of my local store, and the owner who not only knew me gave me great advice for me specifically, but let me try gear out on the gig to help me decide if it was right for me, and had a place where musicians could hang out ant talk shop.

As we progress in time, so many new, better things come our way, but we also lose some things that were better. I guess that's just life.

Notes ♫

There are still a few of those type stores around, but they are a dying breed for sure. When I was about 15, I used to hang out at my local music store, Key's Music in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Mr. Keys would leave me in charge while he went to lunch next door at the little cafe. He let me play any guitar in the store for as long as I wanted, and used to give me mini lessons during the slow times (which was most of the time!). Some of the people at Guitar Center do a good job, and know what they are talking about, many don't.

Manufacturers can pay some Asian company which pays their employees way, way less than our workers here want and make all the crap they need.

I have no problem paying top dollar for a quality product. I am probably in the minority though. Most people want it cheap and fast. Fast is becoming a thing of the past too now though. Everything is sitting in a container on a ship waiting on somebody to give space to unload, then waiting on a truck to take it somewhere, with diesel over $5.00 or more a gallon.

Talk about getting off topic!

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Can you post a pic of this stand so I know what you called an "A-Frame" stand? Here I thought I was going to be your hero and we have different definitions of what an Ultimate Support A-Frame is. I have heard the stand I have called "the jungle gym", "the trapeze", "the swing set"... All I can say about durability is that I have had it since the mid 80s. As well as the 2 Ensoniq synths that rested upon it.

Here ya go.

Thanks.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here ya go.

Where ya ago? You didn't paste the picture.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I see the image Eddie. you don't?
Maybe this will help
http://www.nortonmusic.com/pix/x_lil_jim_1_Vern_&_Vicki_Webb.jpg

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here ya go.

Where ya ago? You didn't paste the picture.

Actually, I did. I wonder why you couldn't see it. ?????

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
No idea, but since Harv was able to link me to it, it's probably his fault.

That looks like the exact stand I have, but yours is black.

Whatever. You got what you need and didn't have to pay to ship this whole jungle gym down to you. It likely would have cost you more than buying the collars.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Notes

Not quite on topic I know but are you still lifting those 15" speakers on to the stands by yourself? I'm 67 and can still do it but if the stand don't go into the holes in the speakers quickly then I take strain.

Kevin smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have to lift them 4 feet, and then the crank up higher.

The speaker cabs are just under 40 pounds each.

I lift them, and Mrs. Notes guides them on the stand. I do have to remember to lift with my legs and not with my back ;D

Back to the A Frame.

Eddie, the stand looks similar, but the clamps on the silver are different from the one I have. I've gone that route before. I do appreciate the offer, though.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: rharv
I see the image Eddie. you don't?
Maybe this will help
http://www.nortonmusic.com/pix/x_lil_jim_1_Vern_&_Vicki_Webb.jpg

That is weird as I can't see it either. I don't usually have that problem.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Did the link to the image work for you?

It may be because Notes inserted an image on another server instead of uploading it in his reply so it would be served from the PGMusic server instead.

Just a guess, could be antivirus or browser settings hiding the image ..

Last edited by rharv; 05/02/22 11:36 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You guessed right. It's from my site.

I didn't know that could be a problem. I figured a link would display it just fine.

I don't know why that should be the problem though.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
User browser/security settings most likely.
In my experience anyway

Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your link or your site, just some rule on their system.

Like how Outlook defaults to not downloading images without you telling it to.
'Right click to download images' ...
.. and GMail actually downloads a copy of the image to its own system, then decides whether to display it or not.

lots of security stuff these days and growing exponentially.
Hard to keep on top of it sometimes

I mean, I suppose it could even be a simple CORS issue

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=browser+CORS+issue
Link is a Google search for CORS in case this is new to you

Coming to a Browser near you (soon) if it hasn't already

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,293
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181