You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#715633 - 05/04/22 11:29 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Early Country Rock Styles
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

This is a set of styles based upon the interaction between Pedal Steel Guitar and Lead Electric Guitar playing over bluegrass acoustic,12 strings or alternate tuned acoustics to power chord electric rhythm guitars.

In the style of examples:

POCO:
Better Think Twice = good example
Heart of the Night

PURE PRAIRIE LEAGUE
Country Song = really good example
Tears = really good example

RICK NELSON & STONE CANYON BAND
She belongs to me = good example of acoustic ballad

This particular style started in the late 1960's and had a enormous influence on pop music throughout the early 1970's. The pedal steel mantra was carried by a fairly small group of musicians including PG session artist, Paul Franklin.

This early style created a ground swell of crossover hits in pop music. Some well known pop hits with prominent pedal steel.

Lay Lady Lay - Bob Dylan (Pete Drake) #7 in 1969

Teach Your Children - CSNY (Jerry Garcia) #16 in 1970

Never Been To Spain - Three Dog Night (Rusty Young)

It's So Nice To Be With You - Gallery (Paul Franklin) #4 in 1972

Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot (Pee Wee Charles) 1975

Tiny Dancer - Elton John

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton (Jaydee Maness)

On and On - Stephen Bishop

Blue Bayou - Linda Rondstadt

Danny's Song - Ann Murray

Heart of Gold - Neil Young

Best of my Love - Eagles (Bernie Leadon)

Wild Night - Van Morrison (John McFee)

Top of the World - Carpenters (Red Rhodes & Buddy Emmons)

Sally G - Paul McCartney (Pete Drake)

There were many other popular pop artists that used PSG on album cuts and minor single releases.

Here's a list of some:
Joan Baez, Gladys Knight, Loggins and Messina, Rita Coolidge, America, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Steven Curtis Chapman, Mustangs of the West, Restless Heart, American Flyer, Juice Newton, James Gang.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (05/04/22 02:42 PM)

#715636 - 05/04/22 11:40 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Early Country Rock Styles [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Most of the foundation can already be found in existing styles and RealTracks.

The recommendation to PG staff is having specific lead guitar and psg instruments recording RealTracks over the same RT Template audio tandemly and alternately creating a two instrument ensemble where the RealTracks can be included in a RealStyle or be assigned consecutive RT#'s (ie: RT-3456 & RT3457) and they can be independently added when a user is building a custom style.

Pure Prairie Leagues Country Song and Tears are excellent examples and Rick Nelson and Poco songs are good examples how the two instruments can be used independently of each other in various styles.

#715641 - 05/04/22 12:15 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Early Country Rock Styles [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#715643 - 05/04/22 12:20 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Early Country Rock Styles [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Charlie, you picked some of my favorite bands and songs!

+1 for both RTs and MIDI

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#715660 - 05/04/22 02:25 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Early Country Rock Styles [Re: MarioD]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

+1

#716411 - 05/10/22 04:14 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Early Country Rock Styles [Re: J. Larry]
Loc: Florida
Mike Whitman Offline

Loc: Florida
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

PG Music News
Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

Forum Stats
36037 Members
64 Forums
74392 Topics
652809 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
cornbread, ivova61, revnev, robertjohn5814, crm88

36037 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 131
MarioD 120