You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#717525 - 05/20/22 02:00 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box®
Chantelle - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

The Playable RealTracks feature allows you to add MIDI notes to a RealTrack, using the Hi-Q instruments. They can be edited in either the Notation view or the Pianoroll view. This video is specific to the Notation view.

Please note that the Playable RealTracks is a new feature that was introduced in the 2022 version of Band-in-a-Box.

Link: https://youtu.be/dggX5xStv3A

#717526 - 05/20/22 02:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Chantelle - PG Music]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Informative video. I think I'll like editing in notation mode. Thanks for posting.

#717527 - 05/20/22 02:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Chantelle - PG Music]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

This is a fun video to watch. Is there a way to determine which RealTracks have Hi-Q instruments associated with them?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#717533 - 05/20/22 04:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Jerry - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Yes, if you open your RealTracks Picker Dialog and look in | Direct Input Available | column (it may be shrunk down and just say | D.. |), the playable RealTracks will have a "Y" in there.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Jerry

#717539 - 05/20/22 05:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Chantelle - PG Music]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Thank you Jerry for the quick response.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#718651 - 05/31/22 11:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jerry - PG Music]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Dear Chantelle and PG Music,

First, thanks for this nifty video. I learned some cool tricks!! Thanks!

But now for the bad news:

Because of my highly annoying personality structure, coupled with my complete and utter lack of self-awareness, I am planning to be a real PEST on these playable real tracks.

That is because I think they are truly awesome, but there are some things I just don’t understand or maybe could be tweaked.

I may come off as a total idiot here but I don’t mind. I just want to figure it out, so I am willing to risk being laughed at. If any of this has been addressed in an update just let me know and I will move on.

1. It seems to be kinda hard to find out WHICH real tracks go with the Hi-Q midi that is hidden under midi and not a playable real track menu of its own.

See attachment 1.

2. You can see fiddle natural bright 111 on this list above, but there is no corresponding Real Track by that name. So, which choices should consider, given that the high Q midi is supposed to sound “closest” to these tracks????

3. What is the point of this Hi-Q midi list (or the playable real tracks aspect of it, rather)? That is, you can choose to insert a playable real track from this list into an open slot (like melody) but it is just a grey indicator with no apparent function. I.e. It does not pull up and pair with a Real Track. What does the grey insert text refer to and what does it do???

See screenshot 2.

4. You can see the playable real tracks in Sforzando and they are cool and sound nice and all, but how are they related to and coupled with Real Tracks by name???

See screenshot 3.

5. If I go to search in Real Tracks and enter “playable” I get 586 (or something) choices.

But not ALL have the check mark in Direct Input (D). I thought Direct input just meant the instruments were also recorded dry with no effects and that they SOMETIMES but not ALWAYS have notation.

How do I know which ones are really playable real tracks at a glance, and how do I know which Hi-Q tracks they are paired with???

See screenshot 4.

Questions:

Is there any way to built a feature in styles that will show you exactly which styles have a playable real track, marked with something like PRT??

Is there any way to build a menu to select a playable real track that shows it as such (PRT) and also shows you which Hi-Q patch is associated with??

Maybe this stuff is here and I just can’t find it.

I will talk about notation questions in another thread because this seems enough for the time being.

And again, I apologize if I am being stupid.

smile

(I wish there was something like a mini manual or detailed instruction set all in one place, just for Playable Real Tracks because I LOVE the concept there. LOVE it. But the info I can find on playable real tracks and how to use the feature seems kinda random hodge podge. Sorry!!!)

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36557 Members
64 Forums
75752 Topics
667630 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
UnconfuseU, yesiyens, banjojeff, budt5221, chrismcg

36556 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 166
MarioD 110