Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#717434 - 05/19/22 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Falling Into The West
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

After a break of almost a year, a combination of Scott`s gentle persuasion and my songwriting switches lighting up again brings me back.
First up is a reworking of an old song ( one of the first I posted on the forum) in a folkrock style that echoes some of the original Scott/Robert collaborations.
Its a cautionary tale to those heeding the "go west young man" call in the goldrush era.

Falling Into The West

Bass: 1583 Texas Blues Rock Shuffle
Drums : Blues Rock Shuffle
RT 1553 Gtr El.
RT 3126 Mandola
RT 3418 Jaw Harp
RT 3145 Fiddle 5-String
Lead Guitars: Scott
Vocals: Robert

Thanks for listening!

Edited by Robertkc (05/19/22 03:52 PM)

#717444 - 05/19/22 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
This breathes 'America' all the way. Great vocal and lead guitar!

About the vocals, apart from the bridge section, they could be mixed a little bit hotter in the mix throughout.
After all, you've got a great vocal timbre Robert!

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#717502 - 05/20/22 07:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Hi, Robert!! I agree with Rob about bringing up your excellent vocal. I do really like the way you dressed it with the interesting enhancements. I also agree with Scott. [Thanks, Scott. I missed this guy's music.] You made excellent choices on the band --including the jaw-harp, which I only heard in the beginning but it grabbed my attention. This is a fun song to bounce along with, but the story would be better told with a louder voice.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#717521 - 05/20/22 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Robert,

Good to see you back!

A really cool Indie sound. And Scott's guitar works perfectly with it.

Cool song. A good listen! Enjoyed.

fj

#717529 - 05/20/22 02:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
A welcome return.
I agree that the vocals could use a little boost and to lift those fading phrase ends.

#717542 - 05/20/22 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
This breathes 'America' all the way. Great vocal and lead guitar!

About the vocals, apart from the bridge section, they could be mixed a little bit hotter in the mix throughout.
After all, you've got a great vocal timbre Robert!

Rob

Thank you for listening and commenting, Rob.
Scott remastered & file is changed; vocals given a slight boost.

Robert
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hi, Robert!! I agree with Rob about bringing up your excellent vocal. I do really like the way you dressed it with the interesting enhancements. I also agree with Scott. [Thanks, Scott. I missed this guy's music.] You made excellent choices on the band --including the jaw-harp, which I only heard in the beginning but it grabbed my attention. This is a fun song to bounce along with, but the story would be better told with a louder voice.

Having Scott play behind/to one side of the vocal is something we always go back & forth on with our collabs... we think the balance is close now. I guess the lyric story would be more upfront if we dropped the guitar on verses. But then would it be true to our "sound"?
Thanks for your positive comments and welcome back here.

Robert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

Good to see you back!

A really cool Indie sound. And Scott's guitar works perfectly with it.

Cool song. A good listen! Enjoyed.

fj

I appreciate the welcome back, Floyd!
Glad you liked the song and the band here.

Robert

#717561 - 05/21/22 03:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
PROJECT M Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
Hello Robert
Good song
Very well composed, orchestrated and sung
The background has a lot of great details
I like it
Good work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

#717577 - 05/21/22 08:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: PROJECT M]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

i agree mebe boost vocs a bit...
liked the voc doubles...well done.
very interesting song concept and nice guitar tones.

best
om

MY CRAZY SONGS....

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555

#717614 - 05/21/22 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Robert,

So good to hear you back on the fourm—a sweet offering with your distinctive vocal and lyric style. Man, do I love Scott’s lead guitar work on this. Brilliant—

My best to you both,

Deej

#717621 - 05/22/22 12:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Robert,
Glad to see you back!!
Cool tune. I am probably listening to a revised version, as I do not hear what some had mentioned.

Awesome story telling & collaboration effort. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#717632 - 05/22/22 04:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great storytelling.
Most enjoyable. Rob4580

#717651 - 05/22/22 07:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
I have really missed new Spirit Level music, so this is very welcome return smile Nice story placed in the history of reaching for big fortune. Great forward galloping tune. Really like the selection of instruments, the drums, the jaw harp, they all have their own purpose. Scott's guitar is the signature sound of Spirit Level which fits especially perfectly into this American landscape. Enjoyed the vocals and the mix.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#717661 - 05/22/22 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Well I cannot express how much fun it is to be playing with Robert again. We decided to go back to our roots and explore the music styles that got us together in the first place.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the guitar work. Really glad liked the song as well..

#717781 - 05/23/22 10:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Robert,

Good to see you back!
Great vocal and lead guitar!
A lot of America feel.
I think continuing to write songs is difficult for every one, sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it falls into a slump.
I'm glad to hear your works again after you overcame them.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#717825 - 05/24/22 09:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
A welcome return.
I agree that the vocals could use a little boost and to lift those fading phrase ends.

Thanks for the listen, Ray-those fading phrases are my thing!

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Robert
Good song
Very well composed, orchestrated and sung
The background has a lot of great details
I like it
Good work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thank you, Andi!

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
i agree mebe boost vocs a bit...
liked the voc doubles...well done.
very interesting song concept and nice guitar tones.

best
om

I would say we`re a little closer with this mix... who knows,maybe we`ll have another go sometime.
I appreciate your comments.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Robert,

So good to hear you back on the fourm—a sweet offering with your distinctive vocal and lyric style. Man, do I love Scott’s lead guitar work on this. Brilliant—

My best to you both,

Deej

That`s very kind, Deej. I agree, Scott plays sweetly here.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Robert,
Glad to see you back!!
Cool tune. I am probably listening to a revised version, as I do not hear what some had mentioned.

Awesome story telling & collaboration effort. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Misha,
Its good to be welcomed back and feel the urge to write again.
Thanks for your support!

Robert

#717826 - 05/24/22 10:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Robert,

Loved this! A wonderful story, vocal and overall production.

Bob

#717847 - 05/24/22 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Welcome back Robert! We thoroughly enjoyed this new old song.

Your lyrics always make us wish you would publish a book of short stories. Janice saved to her phone your lyric to “Saved by Stories” and she rereads it often. This song is another good one that makes us want to know more.

Scott, your guitar fits like a glove and your mix is very good.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

#717946 - 05/25/22 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Robert

Great to see you back. Really nice work on the vocal and the track, and Scott's guitar is excellent.

Hope to hear some more.

Peter

#718073 - 05/26/22 07:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments. Really glad you liked the song

#718208 - 05/27/22 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Falling Into The West [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Robert and Scott,

I am very pleased to see you returned to the forum, Robert. I feared you were lost for us, but I'm glad Scott could convince you to keep singing, making songs and writing lyrics like no one else can do. So welcome back!

Scott, I liked how you played your guitar. It's quite a bit different from what I heard from you. You keep surprising me in a positive way, of course!

A wonderful song and you both did very well in it. Although I read your explanation why you think the balance between your vocals and Scott's guitar is good now, I still think your vocals can use a bit more volume.

But I enjoyed it and your return too,
Hans

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
How to: Using the Copy/Paste Functions and Copy Multiple Tracks in RealBand

Here is a video on a customer requested topic that goes over how to copy and paste both a single track as well as multiple tracks at once, in RealBand.

Video: How to use the Copy/Paste Functions and Copy Multiple Tracks

How to: Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Here's a brief overview video explaining how Styles, RealTracks, MIDI tracks, and MIDI SuperTracks function in Band-in-a-Box®, and how to select them in your project. Please let us know if you have any questions!

How to Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Forum Stats
36376 Members
64 Forums
75299 Topics
662149 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
hrkmomma@gmail.c, DaveMusic88, Seabeast, CraigJenner, GIBAR

36376 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 183
AudioTrack 180