You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#717525 - 05/20/22 02:00 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box®
Chantelle - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

The Playable RealTracks feature allows you to add MIDI notes to a RealTrack, using the Hi-Q instruments. They can be edited in either the Notation view or the Pianoroll view. This video is specific to the Notation view.

Please note that the Playable RealTracks is a new feature that was introduced in the 2022 version of Band-in-a-Box.

Link: https://youtu.be/dggX5xStv3A

#717526 - 05/20/22 02:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Chantelle - PG Music]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Informative video. I think I'll like editing in notation mode. Thanks for posting.

#717527 - 05/20/22 02:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Chantelle - PG Music]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

This is a fun video to watch. Is there a way to determine which RealTracks have Hi-Q instruments associated with them?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#717533 - 05/20/22 04:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Jerry - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Yes, if you open your RealTracks Picker Dialog and look in | Direct Input Available | column (it may be shrunk down and just say | D.. |), the playable RealTracks will have a "Y" in there.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Jerry

#717539 - 05/20/22 05:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Chantelle - PG Music]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Thank you Jerry for the quick response.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#718651 - 05/31/22 11:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jerry - PG Music]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Dear Chantelle and PG Music,

First, thanks for this nifty video. I learned some cool tricks!! Thanks!

But now for the bad news:

Because of my highly annoying personality structure, coupled with my complete and utter lack of self-awareness, I am planning to be a real PEST on these playable real tracks.

That is because I think they are truly awesome, but there are some things I just don’t understand or maybe could be tweaked.

I may come off as a total idiot here but I don’t mind. I just want to figure it out, so I am willing to risk being laughed at. If any of this has been addressed in an update just let me know and I will move on.

1. It seems to be kinda hard to find out WHICH real tracks go with the Hi-Q midi that is hidden under midi and not a playable real track menu of its own.

See attachment 1.

2. You can see fiddle natural bright 111 on this list above, but there is no corresponding Real Track by that name. So, which choices should consider, given that the high Q midi is supposed to sound “closest” to these tracks????

3. What is the point of this Hi-Q midi list (or the playable real tracks aspect of it, rather)? That is, you can choose to insert a playable real track from this list into an open slot (like melody) but it is just a grey indicator with no apparent function. I.e. It does not pull up and pair with a Real Track. What does the grey insert text refer to and what does it do???

See screenshot 2.

4. You can see the playable real tracks in Sforzando and they are cool and sound nice and all, but how are they related to and coupled with Real Tracks by name???

See screenshot 3.

5. If I go to search in Real Tracks and enter “playable” I get 586 (or something) choices.

But not ALL have the check mark in Direct Input (D). I thought Direct input just meant the instruments were also recorded dry with no effects and that they SOMETIMES but not ALWAYS have notation.

How do I know which ones are really playable real tracks at a glance, and how do I know which Hi-Q tracks they are paired with???

See screenshot 4.

Questions:

Is there any way to built a feature in styles that will show you exactly which styles have a playable real track, marked with something like PRT??

Is there any way to build a menu to select a playable real track that shows it as such (PRT) and also shows you which Hi-Q patch is associated with??

Maybe this stuff is here and I just can’t find it.

I will talk about notation questions in another thread because this seems enough for the time being.

And again, I apologize if I am being stupid.

smile

(I wish there was something like a mini manual or detailed instruction set all in one place, just for Playable Real Tracks because I LOVE the concept there. LOVE it. But the info I can find on playable real tracks and how to use the feature seems kinda random hodge podge. Sorry!!!)

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37087 Members
64 Forums
77110 Topics
683538 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
skavan, Colin66, Podman, JohanM, Ecoxgear

37087 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 176
MarioD 149