Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)
H
Huy Offline OP
OP Offline
H
All was working fine with BIAB 2021 (Mac Monterey) but after the upgrade to 2022 I can't open SGU files in the AU DAW plugin anymore.
What I did in Logic:
- Create new software instrument track
- Change the instrument to BIAB DAW AU Plugin > Stereo
- In the BIAB plugin interface, I could see at the bottom the status says:
- Initializing BIAB engine
- and then BIAB DAW Plugin 2022 v4.6.7
- the spinner never stops spinning
- File > Open > Select SGU file
- either nothing happens
- or it says loading the file but got stuck there

Tested with both SGU created with BIAB 2021 and BIAB 2022, same thing happens.

Please help.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Huy and welcome to the forums!

What version of Logic are you using, and are you running an Intel system or an M1/M2 system?

I work here
S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S
When I select the real track (set 399) I hit ok and no real tracks show in the tracks list. I have BB installed to the main drive on my MAC.

Any thoughts?

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello, in addition to the requested info by Simon, please try opening the Style Picker in the plugin version and click the Rebuild button; do a fast rebuild. If it is an issue with the plugin loading the RealTracks or Style that are in the song file then this could help. Please keep us posted!

Best,
Chantelle
I just bought and installed BIAB on my Mac (Mac Pro 5.1, OSX 10.13.6, Logic 10.4.8). I can run the stand-alone program fine, but the plug-in is non-responsive. I can pick BIAB as an instrument, but when I try to use the plug-in it refuses to accept any style changes (it will play them in the Picker, it just won't change from the defaul style) and there is no output.

T.W Day
BIAB 2022 MegaPAK running on a Mac Pro 5.1 (OSX 10.13.6, Logic Pro 10.4.8, and Pro Tools 11) & BIAB Pro running on an HP laptop (Windows 11 Pro)
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Thank you for the feedback Huy, it sounds like you may have more than one instance of BBM4 running in the background. BBM4 is the BIAB engine that the plugin uses to perform most tasks. The way to fix this is to open an app in Applications/Utilities/ called "Activity Monitor". Then find the process called "BBM4" and double click it to open a window with an option to quit. Make sure to do this when the plugin and DAW are not running. If after following these steps, you open an instance of the plugin and it continues to spin endlessly, you could also try to click on the 'File' button on the top left of the plugin and select 'New'. This should close any running instances of the BIAB engine if the spinning wheel is stuck. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Hi TDay, it seems like your issue is quite different from what Huy described and therefore it would be better if you created a new forum topic describing in detail what you are experiencing. This way we can respond to your issue directly without having to answer multiple unrelated questions. Can you provide the exact steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? Style changes do not currently work in the plugin but we are working on fixing this for the future. If you are able to load the plugin and open the style picker than it sounds like the plugin is responding as expected. Are you able to load a style and generate tracks? Please create a new forum topic for your response with a title that accurately describes your reported issue. Thank you for your feedback!

Expert
Expert
The latest version of Logic Pro is 10.7.4 which requires Monterey or Big Sur 11.5 or later. Being on High Sierra, you cannot run it.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Mike, Thanks for your post.
I'm running BIAB Audiophile for Mac on a Mac Studio (2022) Apple M1 max chip
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
BIAB does not show up in the AU menu
I also find that if I open BIAB and choose the DAW window I can drag and drop audio files into a Logic project but, those WAV or AIFF tracks are loaded with snap crackle and pop artifacts.
It is very convenient to have BIAB running and displayed on a second monitor and, I have been saving the tracks as WAV or AIFF files to a folder and them doing a drag and drop into Logic. No distortion when I use that method of transferring the audio files.
Davetune

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Forgot to mention the OS version
Mac OS Monterey version 12.6
Davetune

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199