Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#726641 08/04/22 11:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Follow your dream...
but have a strong partner along to keep you on track.

Walk On Water

Lyrics on song page.

The BAND

RealTracks in style: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in song: ~~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2021:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBalladJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1564:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm IslandJohn Ev 110
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1888:Piano, Solo-Accompaniment CountryPopJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2060:Strings, Rhythm PopCountry Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^2-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

I played an acoustic guitar track.

Comments of any kind welcome.
Thanks for listening.

fj

floyd jane #726642 08/04/22 11:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, what a way to say "He's back!!"

Floyd, it is great to have you back, and I have to say, man I don't know when you wrote this, but this might be the best thing you have ever written, or that I have heard. At least, it is my favorite.

This is not a good song. This is a GREAT song. An ASTOUNDING song.

It all comes together here. It is pure, not forced, true to the soul, rings to the human core, feels true, sounds true, and is something we can all relate to.

You don't try too hard, but the arc of the emotion is perfect and the poetry is just gorgeous.

Man, congratulations. This is awesome.

I feel I need to pony up now, and you have stirred my soul, so I am gonna come back with something. You know I will.

smile

floyd jane #726644 08/04/22 12:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,
I always enjoy the gentler side of your music the most.
Your voice here is the ideal between strong and tender and there`s a sincerity that is immediately felt.
The lyrics are easily relatable; those closing chorus lines direct and powerful:

"what if I can`t walk on water
is my love enough for you"

Lovely simple arrangement with the fingerpicking guitar coming across crystal clear and the cello a nice touch.
A most enjoyable song to come back to after weeks away from hearing anything new.

Robert

floyd jane #726648 08/04/22 12:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I look forward to a new Floyd Jane song.
Yes, the certainty of enjoyment mixed with the anticipation is part of it but the lessons from listening are as important.
The bvox are ace...the choices and execution of them speak volumes.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
floyd jane #726660 08/04/22 02:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Love this track all the way through! Those guitars are beautiful! Your work with the string section is exceptionally good! Super vocals as always but the best thing here is quality of the write and arrangement! What a great song with production to match!

Thanks, Torrey

floyd jane #726667 08/04/22 03:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely song Floyd. Super vocal and lyric. Storytelling at its finest. Really well done...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
floyd jane #726668 08/04/22 03:15 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,

Another great song and beautifully sung.

Choruses a real highlight.

Mix is superb.

Brilliant!

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
floyd jane #726675 08/04/22 04:19 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I haven't gotten all the way through my first listen to you and it's obvious I'll be back for more listens. Ballads seem to be the headlights that light a dark road on your drive to the next great song...

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
floyd jane #726679 08/04/22 05:25 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd...brother you are a "Wordsmith"...I'm always amazed at you and your craft...I hope you have a publisher or a producer in your back pocket....this is a masterpiece...this along with so many of your songs should be playing on country radio...what a hook and every line supports it and builds such a great heart felt song...love the two part and the string pad coming in...man I wish I'd written this song...that's how good I thought this was...in under 5 minutes too!!...Wow!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
floyd jane #726686 08/04/22 11:36 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
For me music is all about emotions, and man, did you succeed here!
That's a wonderful song.

If anyone (myself included) ever should say "there's too much love songs" just give him a loving kick into the gonads and let him listen to this song.

The melody and flow of "if there's no pot of gold at the end", dude, that's poetry at its finest.
I take my virtual hat off to you!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
floyd jane #726687 08/04/22 11:50 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

This piece is a masterclass in songwriting, performance and production.

We all aspire to be songwriters - you truly are one...

Bob

floyd jane #726691 08/05/22 12:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A masterpiece. For me, the lyrics took it over the top. But this is, of course, a masterpiece in every aspect, and from every angle. I've been there ... like many others; but few can articulate it, lyrically and musically, as you have done. In awe; bravo.

floyd jane #726694 08/05/22 02:30 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What if... you CAN walk on water when it comes to making outstanding music, Floyd. Man, chills, chills and more chills. Seriously. You are one inspirational songwriter, Floyd. Man, those supertracks are outstanding, so you are also so inspirational using this incredible software. Thanks so much for this stuff. Also, thanks for allowing downloads of your songs so the inspiration continues when I drive.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
floyd jane #726710 08/05/22 04:28 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd, this is the picture of excellence. Once again a wonderful write, but my gosh, the production is sooooo polished. I wish I could offer something in the form of critique, but how can you improve perfection? Fantastic write, great guitar sounds, loved the bass you chose, the strings the cello the BGV's ... everything fits together like a hand in a glove. Great job Floyd, thanks for posting so the rest of us can hear.

floyd jane #726715 08/05/22 05:30 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd
Beautiful song
Excellent sung and played
You have aligned the background track perfectly with the song
Really a great result
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

floyd jane #726724 08/05/22 06:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nicely done.

For better or worse, richer or poorer.... nicely put into a song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
floyd jane #726773 08/05/22 02:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Simply lovely.

Excellent poetry, beautifully sung, produced and mixed.

Wonderful. Not much more to say!

Peter

floyd jane #726779 08/05/22 02:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Simple beautiful vulnerable and heartfelt.
Love way you arranged the song.
Really nice choices.
Josie

floyd jane #726787 08/05/22 03:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This song proves you are still going strong!

Powerful, when it comes to the band, powerful when it comes to the lyrics. But particularly powerful vocal-wise.

I think this is one of your best.

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

RnAM #726843 08/06/22 07:37 AM
User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
as always excellent.

man you are a song creation machine.

great lyrics. eg >> 'crazy dreams come true'.

a super production.

happiness

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,560
Posts734,404
Members38,491
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE, Nancy Gochnauer
38,490 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184